Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 15th, 2017, 01:09 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Very cool. As I said on fb. When I get feeling better im going to be making a load of star wars specific terrain for a death star interior.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 20th, 2017, 01:30 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , I just got done perusing the spellcaster #2 issue on pdf. I'll dive in a bit more once I've got my print in the mail. Wow, so cool. What this does for me is box in a set of ground rules for all my custom monsters. With a skeleton being the lowest on the totem for stats, an ancient dragon is at the top of the chain for stats, leaving the other ones set in various levels in between. Also a great gauge in there for pricing xp's and gold collection for killing bad guys in a coop campaign. I really wish they did this for spellcaster issue 1 because as it is I'm not a fan on the kindle edition. Very cool though.

Side note on the Walking dead all out war game. I ll most definitely play the game in its regular rules with regular walkers and characters before customizing. The extra zombie models in my zombicide boxes will be great just to have some extra regular zombies shuffling around. Then when time merits maybe add the other zombie variants to it. I'll probably not get to this game til a little while later.

Star wars imperial assault Gridless skirmish. Wow this was super fun times. I kind of swept me away with excitement the other day we played it and showed how many possibilities were there for a good time. I'll probably make a 3x3 to 4x4 table worth of starwars specific terrain for it, along with a whole bunch of generic terrain such as trees, bushes, and all the other stuff I can use for Frostgrave,Ghost Archipelago, and walking dead all out war. I'm thinking Dead Island style walking dead with all that jungle terrain. I can see how star wars legion should be pretty fun with all that terrain and what not, I got a taste with my Imperial Assault gridless. I think if I ever did customs for the starwars stuff, id do a bunch of clone wars stuff to add to it. All my super battle droids, destroyers, and clone troopers would get some love. Not to mention all those cool jedi. There is just so much fun stuff to do and not enough time.

I'll be mainly focused on terrain, and getting my official models painted up first. Then expect to see the extras. Woohoo.

Old December 20th, 2017, 01:42 AM
"like" happy

Figured I'd throw a few of my pics from facebook on here.
Before and after the paint job on my latest star wars pieces.

Old December 20th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@TREX . You will certainly have your hands full now between Frostgrave, The Walking Dead and Imperial Assault gridless.

Not only with terrain, but with custom units, creatures etc.

The Spellcasters, I only have the first one in my phone and 2nd one on my laptop. They are neat and offer some good extra stuff for Frostgrave. I may try to figure out a solo game vs a dragon

You are very creative with your terrain. I have spent a lot on terrain and don't regret any of it because it looks good and saves time. But I also really like making stuff too for the creative process of it, plus saving money.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 20th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

A couple new expansions announced for Star Wars Legion. Funny the core set isn't out yet, but several expansions are announced for first quarter 2018. There were already several expansios announced before.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...rom-the-front/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...ooper-assault/

Old December 25th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Prickly Cactus

One of my local game stores is having a painting contest. $8 covers the entry fee and a pre-primed dragon model from Attack Wing. I have no illusion of winning or anything, and don't usually enter competitive play or contests, but I figured what the heck.

I just finished this morning, before my daughters have woken up. I also figured I'd cut a thin piece of plastic to fit onto to the base and jazz it up some. Better than a plain clear plastic base anyway. I can always use him as one of my dragon options for Frostgrave. Of course though, I still have all the Heroscape dragons, but now I have a blue dragon

Old December 27th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Some terrain pieces I finished lately. Made out of pink foamboard. The colorful vegetation are individual aquarium pieces that slide onto finger like things that come up out of the bulb-like base that would normally sit at the bottom of an aquarium, but I have them buried into the foamboard. I went with colorful ones to have these be more exotic for the strange islands of Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, The Drowned Earth or even sci-fi stuff like Star Wars Legion. I can replace the colorful pieces for more green ones if wanting to go with more traditional look.

With some other stuff I made previously.

With some other stuff I have collected and some of the stuff based on CD's that I won at a gaming event and the building I scratch built for Frostgrave.

Old December 27th, 2017, 03:46 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Nice work, Hambone! Your talents never cease to surprise and amaze me!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 27th, 2017, 03:55 PM
"like" happy

Looks like your ready to roll hahma. Me and my brother got in a game of gridless imperial assault. We had to slightly revise the two rules that make it gridless. First. Doubling the move and range to 2 inches was ok except for 2 reasons. A an adjacent figure for a melee attack was 2 inches away which is almost ok to look at. But we had some units with a reach ability that were swinging melee weapons at 4 inches away. That was a bit much for me. Secondly. Melee units were able to run and hide behind really anything and avoid getting hit. So we took move and range spaces to 1 move to 1 inch. Seconly was the true line of sight where we added an auto block to the roll based off of frostgraves 25% 50% 75% and so on cover bonuses. It proved to be too strong and so we simplified by saying if the targeted figure is at least 50% covered he gets to roll 1 additional black die. Overall super fun and even more simple. Ill post pics later.

Old December 28th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Nice work, Hambone! Your talents never cease to surprise and amaze me!
Thanks Spidey! I have a ways to go, but I keep learning new things all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Looks like your ready to roll hahma. Me and my brother got in a game of gridless imperial assault. We had to slightly revise the two rules that make it gridless. First. Doubling the move and range to 2 inches was ok except for 2 reasons. A an adjacent figure for a melee attack was 2 inches away which is almost ok to look at. But we had some units with a reach ability that were swinging melee weapons at 4 inches away. That was a bit much for me. Secondly. Melee units were able to run and hide behind really anything and avoid getting hit. So we took move and range spaces to 1 move to 1 inch. Seconly was the true line of sight where we added an auto block to the roll based off of frostgraves 25% 50% 75% and so on cover bonuses. It proved to be too strong and so we simplified by saying if the targeted figure is at least 50% covered he gets to roll 1 additional black die. Overall super fun and even more simple. Ill post pics later.
Yeah Trex, I'm sure some tweaks were bound to be needed once you got to play it, as then you find out certain things as well as you thought or not. But it's a process worth tweaking for something you are really into and intend on playing a lot of.

Old December 28th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Prickly Cactus

I just finished the Davis Jewelry Store kit from 4Ground games yesterday afternoon after getting home from taking my daughters ice skating with their 3 older cousins and my sister. I took time off from work this week to hang out with my daughters and hobby .

I didn't add the DAVIS JEWELRY on the storefront above the windows because they were individual letters on made of thin material and just trying to cut them out of the sheet they were on was a disaster. But at least it has the name on the windows.

I started with this one Tuesday night and made good progress in getting the inside and outside walls up. But ran into a major stall yesterday morning when I started working on the front door and windows assembly. Man that sucked. Lots of thin black pieces that you had to sandwich the acetate windows between and then install them all. Everything else before and after that was after piece of cake. Glad it's done and next I'll start the Tobacco shop, which looks to be a lot easier. It has storefront windows, but these seem pretty basic by comparison.

So I grabbed 2 of my 6 2x2 mats from Deep Cut Studios to shoot some pictures on. Both have parking spaces and these smaller store type buildings were what I had in mind for the sections of mats.

Then I put the Samuels House next to the Jewelry store for size comparison. And actually, it could work out as an urban house for play on the mat I had it on, with a little alley.

And now on a different mat

Old December 28th, 2017, 10:54 AM
"like" happy

Awesome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures