Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which map do you think is most balanced and plays the best?
Circles Over Innistrad 2 20.00%
Highways Over Innistrad 1 10.00%
Frozen Crypt 1 10.00%
Shadow Crypt 1 10.00%
Road Through The Desert Swamp 0 0%
Ruins of the Castle on the Lake 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 31st, 2016, 04:05 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Cryptolith Map Contest Poll

Poll for determining best map in Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptoliths Map Contest

Please vote for your favorite. If you can, play on at least 2 of them so see which plays better.

Download Cryptolith Maps.pdf here for build instructions of all maps

By @BiggaBullfrog :
Circles Over Innistrad and Highways Over Innistrad are sister maps, by which I mean they both use 1/2 of an RotV (less than half, actually; if you built them both you would still have a few pieces left over).

Circles Over Innistrad

(The glare makes it tough to see but there is a ring of weirded spaces around the central glacier/Cryptoliths.)
Weirded Space Rule: Small, Medium, and Large figures on at least one Weirded Space roll an additional defense die against attacks from non-adjacent figures (same as Jungle Terrain).

Highways Over Innistrad

By @quozl "
Frozen Crypt
Weirded space rule: Just like a shadow tile except it works for all sizes. In addition, if you start your turn on a weirded space, you may take a wound in order to move an additional 4 spaces.

Shadow Crypt
Weirded spaces give +1 Defense when attacked by a non-adjacent figure or -1 Defense when attacked by an adjacent figure.

By quozl's daughter, Louisan:
Road Through The Desert Swamp

Ruins of the Castle on the Lake

Last edited by lefton4ya; December 31st, 2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old January 9th, 2017, 11:37 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Cryptolith Map Contest Poll

Note, some of you will be voting based on how it plays with Heroscape, and others with Magic:AotP (and I am sure some of you just on aesthetics or favoritism of map maker), but try to think of which is the best map to play on for all these scenarios (and play multiple if you can):
  • 1 on 1 Heroscape
  • 1 on 1 Magic:AotP
  • 2 on 2 team Magic:AotP
  • Free for all (3 or 4 player) Magic:AotP
From Louisville Monthly Tourney-- Jan 7th
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I then played a couple of games of Magic:AotP on a Cryptolith Map Shadow Crypt by @quozl . Honestly it is probably a better Herocape or AotP 4-player map than AotP 2-player map, as we just ended up fighting mostly in the middle of the board. I did wreck his Red/Green army/deck with my Black Zombie army/deck; although his deck had a lot of power-ups for him, my deck had more power-downs for him, not to mention his bad luck in getting Skulls and Shields when he needed it.
Old January 26th, 2017, 05:15 PM

Re: Cryptolith Map Contest Poll

Less than a week to go - need some more voters. Get some last minute playtesting in if you can this weekend. I don't want to skew the voting too much, but I picked a couple of maps to play on based on how balanced they seemed as well as how much of the map's hexes would be utilized. Kinda harder as with the AotP mats, you are going to have a wider space that won't be used so you are essentially "wasting hexes" but the mats give them to you to waste. I also like the aesthetics of black mats with D&D sets, so those were my tiebreakers if things played (or look like they would play) similarly.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games