Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 20th, 2023, 07:38 AM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart
Cheapest way to get customs?

I am very interested in custom units and think this looks a super exciting way of expanding my collection.
One issue is that the units required for these great creations are often pretty expensive in their own right, often more so than official units.

I wonder is there a good way of being able to buy custom units in sets, for example Arena of the Planeswalker units can be bought as a group very cheaply. Are there any other groups of units, from other games for example that can be purchased in a single batch, which are great for custom armies?

Alternately are there any units which come from very commonly available (i.e. cheap) sets which are a good way to start, e.g. a couple of dozen cheap/essential units?

Thanks so much for any advice.
Old January 20th, 2023, 08:33 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Cheapest way to get customs?

Play C3G. You can get a ton of HeroClix on the cheap.
Old January 20th, 2023, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Play C3G. You can get a ton of HeroClix on the cheap.
That's the marvel superheroes ones right? Thanks good idea.

Any other ideas from anyone please?
Old January 20th, 2023, 10:24 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Marvel was what Hasbro released.
C3G embraces all comics.
Do you have a favorite comic book character?
Old January 20th, 2023, 10:42 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Most of the CV and SOV releases have 3D models that you can print (or have someone print for you). You can find some that are inexpensive, but many are no longer that way. There are also proxies for many figures. I do not know too many people that would reject solid proxies on the table. For example, Morgoroth is very hard to find, but playing a similar sized demon from any game company (CMON has some in it Cthulhu games) would work fine. Maybe some at the highest level tournaments might care, but at that level, you can just reach out to the community and someone (ME!) would let you borrow the actual figure for the tournament. It is about having fun with the game. If someone played against me and didn't have any Skeletons of Annellintia, I would be fine with them using Blade Gruts. We are friends playing a game.
What I find in my group is that people want to try things. I have piles of Tarn Vikings that I let anyone use to test out any squad they want. If they like them, I can help them to find a deal on the figures, or print them in my garage for a small fee. It is about people helping people keep the costs down.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 20th, 2023, 12:16 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post
I am very interested in custom units and think this looks a super exciting way of expanding my collection.
One issue is that the units required for these great creations are often pretty expensive in their own right, often more so than official units.

I wonder is there a good way of being able to buy custom units in sets, for example Arena of the Planeswalker units can be bought as a group very cheaply. Are there any other groups of units, from other games for example that can be purchased in a single batch, which are great for custom armies?

Alternately are there any units which come from very commonly available (i.e. cheap) sets which are a good way to start, e.g. a couple of dozen cheap/essential units?

Glad to hear you want to get into customs! I assume you're talking about C3V figures? If so, here's an incomplete list of some of the figures whose miniatures' prices have stayed lower:

Quote:
Under $6 per mini
Haduc (Snaketongue Cultist)
Command Courier (Heroclix Paladin 004)
Hoplitron
Tomoe Gozen
Akumaken
Major J15
Deathcommander Mk III
Executioner 616
Deltacron
M.A.R.S.
Prince al’Kahora
Nottingham Brigand
Master Lao Xin
Locksley
Maltis Tez
Bol
Rendar Fy
Lilja
Cal the Smuggler
Specters of Aldorne
Eilan Sidhe
Clayton Pierce

$6-$10
Capt. John Varan
Heracles
Boreos
Avernus
Motley Max
Old January 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I have a link in my signature block, below, to a thread where you can look up alternate minis, easier to find, for many of the C3V/SoV customs.

Happy hunting!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 20th, 2023, 03:46 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Figures are usually cheaper and more available when first announced for upcoming customs, so snagging them early can help. Also, for folks like me that vanished for a few years and then became active again more recently, sometimes you can trade newer custom figures for older ones at a better rate than buying the older ones outright.

(As an example, I have a bunch of C3V Varkaanans, Cultists, and other Confrontation figures I'd be willing to trade away, and I'm seeking some of the more recently-announced custom figures like Nolzur's Ghost & Banshee / Wraith & Specter, various Ulat-kini minis, and Pathfinder/Starfinder sets.)

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)

Last edited by Grison; January 20th, 2023 at 11:29 PM.
Old January 20th, 2023, 07:30 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcellophane1978 View Post

Glad to hear you want to get into customs! I assume you're talking about C3V figures? If so, here's an incomplete list of some of the figures whose miniatures' prices have stayed lower:

Quote:
Under $6 per mini
Haduc (Snaketongue Cultist)
Command Courier (Heroclix Paladin 004)
Hoplitron
Tomoe Gozen
Akumaken
Major J15
Deathcommander Mk III
Executioner 616
Deltacron
M.A.R.S.
Prince al’Kahora
Nottingham Brigand
Master Lao Xin
Locksley
Maltis Tez
Bol
Rendar Fy
Lilja
Cal the Smuggler
Specters of Aldorne
Eilan Sidhe
Clayton Pierce

$6-$10
Capt. John Varan
Heracles
Boreos
Avernus
Motley Max
Out of curiosity, when was this list last updated? I presume the reason Deathcommander Mark 3, Deltacron, M.A.R.S., et al. are on this list, for instance, is because they're included in the Heavy Class Action Pack. However, Wholesale Gaming says the Mechwarrior Heavy-Class Action Pack is out of stock; I don't know if this has happened before and they have managed to scrounge up new Heavy-Class Action Packs from somewhere, but they were, to my knowledge, the most reliable supplier of the Heavy-Class Action Pack. While I haven't checked the mech models' individual prices, I imagine that if Wholesale Gaming does not restock, very few of them would belong on this list.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old January 20th, 2023, 07:57 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

If you have a 3D printer or have someone that can 3D print for you, almost all of the C3V and SOV custom figure stl files and proxies can be found at this link from @White Knight .

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=61362

He has created stl files for almost every official C3V and SOV figure. In his above link he has done a great job breaking it out by Wave or Pack so it is easy to go back to the C3V/SOV custom card link and download the cards. As a hobbyist I don't mind painting and since I have a 3D printer now this is a win win for me. The C3V/SOV teams have done a fantastic job keeping Heroscape alive, but like most I did not get the associated miniatures early on when they created and released the various waves and packs. A lot of the figures are hard to find and some are at price points that I don't care for so 3D printing is the way to go for me.
Old January 20th, 2023, 10:18 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
Out of curiosity, when was this list last updated? I presume the reason Deathcommander Mark 3, Deltacron, M.A.R.S., et al. are on this list, for instance, is because they're included in the Heavy Class Action Pack. However, Wholesale Gaming says the Mechwarrior Heavy-Class Action Pack is out of stock; I don't know if this has happened before and they have managed to scrounge up new Heavy-Class Action Packs from somewhere, but they were, to my knowledge, the most reliable supplier of the Heavy-Class Action Pack. While I haven't checked the mech models' individual prices, I imagine that if Wholesale Gaming does not restock, very few of them would belong on this list.
It's been a little while, but I know that Hills had them in stock as recently as a couple months ago. That's too bad to hear they finally went out of stock, they've been a dependable source for that pack for years now.
Old January 21st, 2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Marvel was what Hasbro released.
C3G embraces all comics.
Do you have a favorite comic book character?
I love Marvel, but to me it kind of feels wrong to include comic book superheroes in heroscape. I don't want to say "breaks the immersion" (LOL!) but kinda.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards