Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 28th, 2022, 12:58 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

I like that they're considering adding the Dryans to Ullar. I don't really think Volarak should even exist, but this is a good step in the right direction. I can understand if they have no choice but to add Revna because Valkrill can't be included right now, but there isn't really a reason to add a third nature/ fantasy based general.
Nonetheless, everything looks great!
Old October 28th, 2022, 01:25 PM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker

The new colors look much better!
And adding the "good" dryans to Ullar would make much more sense, they seem to fit into his summoning MO quite nicely.
Volarak and the steampunk mammals seems ok, but scientific and industrial endeavour would also fit with Vydars theme. But then again, they donīt seem morally ambigious enough to really fit with Vydar.
Old October 28th, 2022, 01:31 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I like that they're considering adding the Dryans to Ullar. I don't really think Volarak should even exist, but this is a good step in the right direction. I can understand if they have no choice but to add Revna because Valkrill can't be included right now, but there isn't really a reason to add a third nature/ fantasy based general.
Volarak definitely shouldn't exist. Lime green is an ugly color that makes the game look more childish, and those units could easily split between Jandar blue and Ullar forest green. It would really help the aesthetic of the game and I think the lore as well.

Or Volarak could just be replaced with Thormun and we could get a better color scheme for him.
Old October 28th, 2022, 01:32 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlorophyllic View Post
The new colors look much better!
And adding the "good" dryans to Ullar would make much more sense, they seem to fit into his summoning MO quite nicely.
Volarak and the steampunk mammals seems ok, but scientific and industrial endeavour would also fit with Vydars theme. But then again, they donīt seem morally ambigious enough to really fit with Vydar.

I think this is a reasonable way to look at it, Volarak could receive industrial age units that are more overtly noble and good, and the more hard scifi stuff could go to Vydar
Old October 28th, 2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Volarak definitely shouldn't exist. Lime green is an ugly color that makes the game look more childish, and those units could easily split between Jandar blue and Ullar forest green. It would really help the aesthetic of the game and I think the lore as well.

Or Volarak could just be replaced with Thormun and we could get a better color scheme for him.

My main issue with adding generals is the inevitable overlap; there's only so many meta categories you can create before redundancy which adds unnecessary complexity to the game in terms of how special abilities reference other units
Old October 28th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
You know what they could do? They could put a simple and affordable wash on all the miniatures. I know we have done this at PHG, and it is a cheap way to make bare minis look really good. The new Thunder Road is putting a wash on all of its plastics. It might be a good solution for earning back some good will from the no-paint crowd.
New Thunder Road?! I have to check that out!
Rob Daviau at Restoration Games! https://restorationgames.com/thunder-road-vendetta/

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 28th, 2022, 01:58 PM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I think this is a reasonable way to look at it, Volarak could receive industrial age units that are more overtly noble and good, and the more hard scifi stuff could go to Vydar
Yeah, that would be better. Give Volarak a steampunk/inventor niche, and Ullar gets the nature mages.
Would be interesting to give Volarak some historical units fitting with a steampunk vibe, if there are any. Maybe an adapted Leonardo da Vinci figure, using inventions or some such.
Old October 28th, 2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that would be better. Give Volarak a steampunk/inventor niche, and Ullar gets the nature mages.
Would be interesting to give Volarak some historical units fitting with a steampunk vibe, if there are any. Maybe an adapted Leonardo da Vinci figure, using inventions or some such.

Right, it would be cool to see historical figures with cannons from the napoleonic era and tanks from the WW1 era given to Volarak

Edit: If Thormun is a more intellectual character and also is a planned general, why not just drop Volarak entirely and give the clockwork combine to him? If we're going to give the Dryan to Ullar, then I don't see much reason to keep Volarak
Old October 28th, 2022, 02:09 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right, it would be cool to see historical figures with cannons from the napoleonic era and tanks from the WW1 era given to Volarak

Edit: If Thormun is a more intellectual character and also is a planned general, why not just drop Volarak entirely and give the clockwork combine to him? If we're going to give the Dryan to Ullar, then I don't see much reason to keep Volarak
I wouldn't be shocked to see them do that with how unpopular the lime green is
Old October 28th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Re: lime green (and neon orange, for that matter) this was posted on the orevious page of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Looks like they've heard the feedback about all the neon colors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bill
You think that's ALL you're getting today? Think again! @Encarmine and his team have been doing some work on the color of the figures and have ideas around some changes...

+1 for a huge aesthetic improvement.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 28th, 2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't be shocked to see them do that with how unpopular the lime green is

I would be happy with this change, because it's bringing in a general that has a more unique traits that the other's don't; Thormun could represent more philosophical and intellectual characters that aren't hard sci-fi like Vydar nor medieval/ancient like Einar. Steampunk/industrial age characters would be right up Thormun's alley. Then all of the traditional fantasy and nature units can be given to Ullar and Aquilla.

But if they keep Volarak AND add Thormun later then the general stage is getting too clustered.
What's gonna happen if AH eventually does find a way to include Valkrill? Add him too when we've already built up Revna's forces with characters that should have been Valkrill's to begin with?
Old October 28th, 2022, 02:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yes, very nice indeed. The Day Glo colors were my biggest problem (after no paint). As for the wash someone suggested, I note that Awaken Realms regularly uses such a treatment they call "Sundrop" on all their (unpainted) minis, although they charge extra for this option.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion