Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM

dsbarrick is surprisingly tart
Multiple unique units

Here's a question I haven't been able to find the answer to in the rulebook. . . it hasn't come up in play yet because I don't have any duplicates of unique characters.

I may soon be playing a massive Heroscape game with two of my brothers-in-law. . . all three of us have both Master Sets. Of course, any one player can use only one copy of a unique unit. However, the rule book doesn't state whether this restriction also applies to ALL players' armies combined. For example, obviously I can't have two copies of Tor Kul Na in my army, but could all three of us EACH have one copy of Tor Kul Na in our armies? The rules seem to suggest this is allowed - which would be great because I'd prefer not to have to limit building my army based on what units my brothers-in-law include in their armies. . . but logically, Tor Kul Na is a specific individual and there should be only one of him.

Has anyone got official word from Hasbro on this queston?
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM

Multiple unique units

Here's a question I haven't been able to find the answer to in the rulebook. . . it hasn't come up in play yet because I don't have any duplicates of unique characters.

I may soon be playing a massive Heroscape game with two of my brothers-in-law. . . all three of us have both Master Sets. Of course, any one player can use only one copy of a unique unit. However, the rule book doesn't state whether this restriction also applies to ALL players' armies combined. For example, obviously I can't have two copies of Tor Kul Na in my army, but could all three of us EACH have one copy of Tor Kul Na in our armies? The rules seem to suggest this is allowed - which would be great because I'd prefer not to have to limit building my army based on what units my brothers-in-law include in their armies. . . but logically, Tor Kul Na is a specific individual and there should be only one of him.

Has anyone got official word from Hasbro on this queston?
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Multiple unique units

Each army can have the same unique as another army. You all 3 can play TKN or Krav or whatevers.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; December 10th, 2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Thanks for the lightning-fast response, R˙chean - that's what I thought.
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think this question has been answered, but no, if one army has a unique figure, their ally can't have the same unique fig.
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Different players can have the SAME unique unit in their Army. This for sure happens at tournaments all the time. I have been to one team tournament andI think there were teams that would have duplicates of the same unit. (We were paired randomly each round.) I know for a fact I played on a team with Krug and Krug was also in my army.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
Different players can have the SAME unique unit in their Army. This for sure happens at tournaments all the time. I have been to one team tournament andI think there were teams that would have duplicates of the same unit. (We were paired randomly each round.) I know for a fact I played on a team with Krug and Krug was also in my army.
Huh, I was sure I read somewhere that you couldn't use two unique figs in the same army somewhere on this site.
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
Huh, I was sure I read somewhere that you couldn't use two unique figs in the same army somewhere on this site.
You can't have 2 in your army. Alies do not count as your army.
Old December 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A related issue that may come up: Keep in mind the difference between powers that affect units you control, versus powers that affect 'all friendly units'...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...02018313d5f40f

I'm imagining a team-game where both my ally and I have Laglor and as many ranged vydar units as possible.
(Krav Maga Agents and/or Microcorp with 11 range... )

Thankfully, Raelin only works for units you control.
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

You can- However I ould suggest marking yours in some way, that way you won't get your Tor-Kul-Na confused with your brothers

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old December 12th, 2008, 10:48 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Though once your combined collections are much bigger, it's fun to allow only one of each unique in all armies combined. That's what I do at my house. I have at least one of everything except TT and Wave 7, so it's pretty easy, but I didn't always do that.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:53 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

One thing to keep in mind though is that you cannot mindshackle a figure/unit that is already in your army. So if you take TKN you can't mindshackle another TNK into your army (this is a recent addition to the FAQ due to the creation of Ulginesh).

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's