Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 18th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I still laugh about the Hoax. It is funny that so many chose sides on that one including myself. I defended the Hoax for it's innocent jab and mischevious way of turning the site upside down and bring attention to customs. I am glad I chose the way I did. Look at us now. The very guy that masterminded the Hoax is now our Host!! If I recall There were several members who were really upset. There was only one member who got upset that I felt had a legitimate gripe. I felt bad for cbs42 who never really came back to us here. Shame really. Anyway this custom deserves it's place in our halls as much as that big statue.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 18th, 2007, 07:47 PM

Reign is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The card is very well done. The hoax was one of the funniest moments on the old site.
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Truth made it!? I thought someone made them andwas selling them. Oops. I feel dumb.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Definate Halls material.

No other custom has made such an impact on the Heroscape community.

Easy call.

Recent Games Played:
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I think that the important thing about any hoax - if it is intended to provoke discussion, thought or laughter - is that it contains in it something that says "hoax". Whether it is an intentional mis-spelling, a message hidden in the EXIF data, something buried in the background - it doesn't matter. What is importnat is that the really, really sharp-eyed can say "this is a fake, because ..." and not be contradicted.

The reason I say that is this - from time to time, the chances are that we will get early scans of *official* units. If we can't rely on having some way to spot the real from the fake, we won't know what news is genuine and what is just chain-yanking. Imagine if 25% of the stories n CNN were made up, untrue, hoaxes - pretty soon, *every* story would carry no weight, as *nothing* could be relied upon. On the other hand, there's absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of leg-pulling or tomfoolery occasionally. But with no way of telling the difference between the two, we run the risk of driving out valid news or supressing the occasional jape. Either would be bad.

So I say bring on your fakes, your hoaxes and your feats of photoshoppery. But in your legerdemain, leave us a clue, lest the over-excitable take us down a dark path once again.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old March 19th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Yes

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old March 20th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Nicely said Richard D!

The "Historical" part of the Halls holds the most interest for me. What were the customs that were there at the beginning?

I think that Annerios and Aratak need some additional representation and that because of the huge amount of discussion - some of it heated to an inferno level - the EOV had that it is time to recognize their place in history.

By being inducted in the Honoring our Roots part of the Halls - the EOV will need no changes at all.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:06 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
So its been a week.

I vote yes.
Old March 24th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Yes for me too.

Who is gonna redo the Halls thread and split the cards into the 2 sections?

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old March 24th, 2007, 06:49 AM

Reign is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Yes!
Old March 24th, 2007, 09:36 AM

kurisenshi has disabled reputation
Yes for the historical section.
Old March 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Godfather has disabled reputation
Yes. That is an awesome hoax and the fact that it was near identical to the actual official unit only makes it better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards