Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Faustus is surprisingly tart
Transformers HeroScape

In honor of the movie that was just released (which is quite an enjoyable flick!) I've "transformed" Transformers: Armada (a Craig Van Ness game) into Transformers HeroScape.

I picked Transformers: Armada up for a couple of bucks off Craigslist. It's not a very fun game, but it does have herscape style transformer figures! My Transformers HeroScape is "not recommended" for use with regular HeroScape. Mostly b/c the figures are just not the correct size (Optimus Prime and Megatron should tower over humans, but they're only almost as big as the large Deathwalkers...)

***PICS OF TRANSFORMERS ON HEROSCAPE TERRAIN ON PAGE 2!***

I did not point the figures because I would just play all Autobots vs. all Decepticons.

Autobots:

Decepticons:

Also, I did not put any non-targetable points in their hit zones b/c most of their weapons are a part of them, so if you destroy it it takes a piece out of the transformer itself.

The outdoors is what happens when I'm going from one place to another.
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
They look very well done. Tough buggers aren't they. Will you cost these to fit in with HS at all or just keep it in the family?

I could relive one of my childhood memories...

[before their battle]
Megatron: [surprised] Prime.
Optimus Prime: One shall stand, one shall fall.
Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly?
Optimus Prime: Thatís a question you should ask YOURSELF, Megatron.

They fight and then Megatron kills him!!!

As a child this was traumatic indeed.

Maybe this time I won't cry
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:27 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
I could relive one of my childhood memories...

[before their battle]

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 4th, 2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
[before their battle]

That's from the animated movie, right? It is amazing they killed Prime in that!

I would probably just keep the Transformers separate from regular Heroscape, so I didn't bother with the points. I am concerned about balance. I'm worried the Autobots may overmatch the Decepticons in point values - especially defense. I'm thinking of maybe beefing up the Decepticons attack values to compensate. Although the Decepticons do have the advantage of extra attacks via Megatron's "Decepticons, Attack!" ability...

Old July 4th, 2007, 06:19 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Very cool ideas, and well constructed cards! Great job! Each of these guys has to be at least 200 points or something. 10 defense with 5 life!?!?! That right there is indestructable! I think you should make their stats less 'godly' like.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not all Transformers should be at least 200 points. But most of them should.
Old July 4th, 2007, 07:38 PM

Oh no, it's much worse! 10 defense with 7 life, plus a "healer" on the team!
That's why I wouldn't use these figures against regular heroscape guys, I would just use them in an all Transformer battle against each other...

So I'm welcome to critiques and suggestions, but please keep in mind that I only want these guys fighting each other, so forget about other HeroScape figures and balances. My question is: is one side way too tough compared to the other?

I'm hoping to playtest this soon...so I'll know better once that happens.

Old July 4th, 2007, 11:10 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
My only reason for not using them with Heroscape would be scale. You'd have to keep them seperate if you wanted them small enough to be on the board.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:29 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think it is easier to coast them first in Heroscape point system, then see if the points match up well. Taking all of the transformers into consideration is a little too much to handle, at least for me. Although at the same time pricing them all would be difficult as there are not many Heroscape units that can compete with the Transformers. You could add up all the stats and abilities and see how they measure up, but I don't even know if that would work... I guess in the end the best way to find out if the sides were even is to test them against each other. If one side continuously wins then it is overpowered. I'll see how I can help...

OPTIMUS PRIME - He is a complete beast, 6/10 with 7 life, even the Decepticons are going to have a tough time taking him down. Not only is the 6 attack huge, but it is with a 7 range! I don't think I would be using "18 Wheeler" too often since he has a 7 range. Ok using Optimus as a benchmark say 300pts I can cost the rest of them as higher or lower, so you can figure out if they are even teams.

HOT SHOT - Ok compared to Optimus his stats are much weaker. The Flame Special(you forgot special) Attack is pretty cool. Possibly a 250 pointer.

RED ALERT - Basically he is a super powered Kelda. I do have one question about him though... If you use Dodge Magnum can you also use Repair? They both say instead of attacking so I am not sure of the ruling there. I think Red Alert is the cheapest of any of the Autobots, I think his cost couldn't be any more than 180.

SMOKESCREEN - Wreking Ball SA I would say say "inflicts at least 1 wound" instead of "scores at least 1 hit." For crane just say "up to 4 spaces" forget the word "adjacent" it makes things more confusing then they have to be. Compared to Hot Shot I would say that Smokescreen is a little worse. price him at maybe 230.

So the Autobots are 300, 250, 230, and 180 = 960pts total

MEGATRON - I would say Megatron is slightly worse than Optimus. The "Decepticons Attack" is good, but it comes at a price. Also he lacks regular range and has a lower defense. The attack may be higher, but Optimus can hit megatron from 7 spaces away with a six. I'd say a 280.

STARSCREAM - 6's straight down the board when he is adjacent to any figure. "Will to Command" will be a pain to ignore. With a double attack of six to an adjacent figure plus "Stealth Flying" I think Starscream is very close in point value to Megatron. Most likely a 270.

CYLCONUS - He is by far the weakest out of all the Transformers. He is a support unit similar to the function of Red Alert. With only a 3/3 he is very weak for a transformer, in fact many heroscape units couls take him down without to much trouble. 120 points.

DEMOLISHER - Six defense with counterstrike and a double 3 attack from 5 spaces. The improved defense boosts other Decepticons, so I would put him at 220ish.

Ok the moment of truth, will the point values add up to similar numbers, I haven't been thinking about that while pricing them.

Decepticons - 280, 270, 120, 220 = 990
That's pretty close... Again testing is the only way to find out for sure.

Old July 5th, 2007, 09:53 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
'Til all are one!

Hey, Faustus, can you post some pics of these guys on HS terrain? It's be cool to see their scale, just to know.
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
I think the scale of these would be the same as brunak. The movie, had them way bigger than a robot car would be.

Prime shouldn't be indestructable. He always gets his azz kicked when fighting megatron. So Primes defense needs to be lower, and his attack. Megatron has the upper hand. But having all autobots move and all decepticons attack, is way to overpowered of an abilitiy. That character would have to be 400 or more points. THat's like having a Vydar character say. Now move and/or attack with all vydar characters you control. That would be insane. To powerful and needs to be reduced to one or two figures.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old July 5th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
I'm making some now using the Titanium Transformers figures. They're about 7 units high when compared to terrain hexes. But since some official figures have a height listed on the card that is higher than their actual height in hex tiles, I think I can get by with saying their height is 8-10. This makes them almost twice as tall as people, which is good enough for me. Besides, scale in the Transformers universe varies greatly in each story (see http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Scale), so I'm guessing it's not a big deal.
Old July 5th, 2007, 06:58 PM

Hmmm...I'll have to look into the titanium series. It's a bit pricey from what I've seen so I never looked too closely. May be worth picking up a couple of the best figs - or just waiting for a sale!

I'd be interested in seeing the cards you come up with...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards