Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old January 1st, 2021, 12:22 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin of the Eternal Thirst)

Yeah, for some reason I had thought that we were still deliberating whether or not Brutality should affect enemy figures, but it looks like that was already decided. I think this design should be just about ready for public review.

I agree that the second power could use a better name. I believe that thematically it was meant to represent the terrifying influence of Vlad's cruel fighting style, which involved impaling his enemies on spikes.

Also, right now Cruelty has the exact same effect as James Murphy's Whip 12 power, but Cruelty is currently worded slightly differently. I'd prefer for us to change the wording on Cruelty to match the precedent set by James Murphy:

Quote:
Whip 12:
After moving and before attacking, choose a small or medium figure adjacent to James. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, the chosen figure cannot roll any defense dice if attacked by James this turn.
I also think I might like the name Brutal Tactics instead of Brutality, and am open to other ideas besides Cruelty 13 for the second power. Maybe Mortal Strike 13?
Old January 2nd, 2021, 12:36 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Brutal Tactics sounds good for either the first or second power. Might even work better on the second power. Brutal Incitement could be another possibility. We could always make a direct reference to impalement in his first power's name.

I also wouldn't mind a personality change. Ruthless works but I think something like Vicious might work a bit better for him.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 07:11 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I could be swayed away, but I think we settled on a historical angle because of the lack of them in the box otherwise.

Definitely open to new options for ability names.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 08:16 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I could be swayed away, but I think we settled on a historical angle because of the lack of them in the box otherwise.

Definitely open to new options for ability names.
My knowledge of Vlad is very minimal, and I'd figure that if Vlad was officially made they'd definitely lean more to his more 'iconic' appearances (moustache, fancy hat, reds), but we can take liberties as the official stuff did. This will likely be the only historical unit we'll be able to make so I'm fine with it if others are, which you all seem to be.

As for power names, we can keep spitballing ideas until something clicks, but I think we can continue the process for this design if we wanted to too. The power names won't directly impact it's gameplay, it's a similar if not better boat than Durni is in.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 11:29 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I thiiiiink it was sort of assumed that it would be a little "fudged" - that is, this Vlad is a fictional grandson of the Impaler. That was what I thought I remembered, anyway, I could be wrong.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 11:52 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No problems there, it strikes a nice balance and doesn't go down the road of "this is a vampire sculpt therefore vampire." Half happy, half sad about that so it cancels out

As for names...
Savagery
Curelty
Bloodthirst
Viciousness
Ferocity
Barbarity
No Remorse
Ruthless Warlord
Sadist
Murderous Intent
Cold Blooded

Some synonyms that might spark ideas. I personally like using Sadistic or Sadist in some way or Ruthless because it not only speaks for his personality but the personalities of those around him if he is able to kill your own figures to spark this rise in morale among them.
Old January 4th, 2021, 08:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

No Remorse
No Repent
Old January 4th, 2021, 11:09 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Regarding the historical continuity, a quick look at wikipedia suggests that the historical Vlad's body was never found? If so, that could actually tie in nicely to the idea that Utgar summoned Vlad, saving him from death in the middle of a losing battle.

That's actually VERY compelling and something I missed. I like that a lot, that's assuaged my concerns. Thanks, Cap S!

Are we onto editing for Vlad now?
I believe we had actually decided to make this be the actual Vlad III, hence the name Vlad III. I would be slightly less excited about the design as a fictional warlord loosely based on Vlad III, but if we did go that direction I would definitely want to change the figure's name to something that is less similar to the historical Vlad.

It's also worth noting that the human form of Arlinn Kord could easily be designed as a Native American hero if we're looking to add more historical designs to the box.

As far as his ability names go, I like the following options for his aura power: "Display of Cruelty", "Gruesome Display", or "Brutal Tactics"

and the following options for the defense negation: "Brutal Tactics 13" "Sadistic Intent 13", or "Mortal Blow 13".
Old January 4th, 2021, 04:40 PM

I think there are elements of the figure's design that don't line up with it being Vlad but it's not a deal breaker for me. And I'll have to look at Arlinn's figure and compare her to Brave Arrow, but that'd be an interesting way to take her if the figure sat well with them.

For power names, "Gruesome Display" and "Sadistic Intent 13" seem pretty fitting.
Old January 4th, 2021, 06:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Gruesome Display is taken.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 4th, 2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I change my vote to Display of Cruelty haha.
Old January 5th, 2021, 10:35 AM

I'm also down for Display of Cruelty, or Cruel Display. Basically if it emphasises the display part I'm happy with it, seems fitting with the intention of the power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs