Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM

Fat Dragon Games is surprisingly tart
Hex Master hexagon terrain

Hey all-

My name is Tom Tullis and I am the owner of Fat Dragon Games. We are getting ready to release a new line of cardstock hex terrain called Hex Master. The first set should be released in a few days and I wanted to post the first preview here. Please feel free to contact me directly with any comments or requests as I want to issue additional sets very soon. If this is the wrong forum to post this I apologize.

EDIT: Now available! Here is a special discount link for Heroscapers members (15% off good trough the weekend.)

http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?disc...liate_id=25275

Last edited by Fat Dragon Games; September 17th, 2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Hex Master hexagon terrain

Enter the Dragon.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Those look pretty cool! I can foresee a slight problem figuring out how high each one is (in HS tiles) for counting movement, bot other than that they are awesome.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could they be stacked?

Anyway, those are pretty sweet looking. I just need to find my X-Acto knife...

Edit: Also, this could've gone in the "Other Heroscape Customization" forum, but it works fine here, too.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Nice niche filling.
I will look forward to trying some of those out.
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They look very nice. Will you be making variant rules for them too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Those look pretty cool! I can foresee a slight problem figuring out how high each one is (in HS tiles) for counting movement, bot other than that they are awesome.

~Z

Apparently they are scaled perfectly to Heroscape. Compatibility-wise, it might as well be WotC's plastic.
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:57 PM

The cliffs (which come in variable heights) have countable 'layers/rings' on the sides you you can easily tell how high they are. The 'stonework ruins' pieces are all 6 layers high.

We're considering doing 'dungeon wall' textured pieces as well in anticipation of the upcoming D&D sets.
Old September 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Apparently they are scaled perfectly to Heroscape. Compatibility-wise, it might as well be WotC's plastic.
Yeah, that one looked pretty straightforward. It was the casle-looking one that I saw a potential problem with. The lower courses look slightly short for a one-to-one mapping and then there are no obvious lines to continue once you get up onto the arches.

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; September 15th, 2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Ah! Ninja'd by the OPer!
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Yeah, that one looked pretty straightforward. It was the casle-looking one that I saw a potential problem with. The lower courses look slightly short for a one-to-one mapping and then there are no obvious lines to continue once you get up onto the arches.

~Z
Even so, you could probably memorize the height of the pieces much like the trees or the battlements. We do know however that the pieces have set heights. Just place it next to a stack of HS terrain and then you know the height.
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:04 PM

A six-high step will be a little steep for most non-fliers. Is there room to build up with standard terrain tiles adjacent to the 'stonework ruins'? Can the cliffs be placed adjacent?

~Z

On a side note, will you be selling directly or through retailers?

My map thread
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
A six-high step will be a little steep for most non-fliers. Is there room to build up with standard terrain tiles adjacent to the 'stonework ruins'? Can the cliffs be placed adjacent?

~Z

On a side note, will you be selling directly or through retailers?
We have single hex stonework pieces that are 3 tiers high as steps, and yes, you can put plastic tiles butted right up to these without any problems.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News