Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old September 21st, 2018, 03:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Dredd'verse workshop

I remember the discussion during the GCW thread being that Grodd does have super strength, even by gorilla standards, but the average denizen of Gorilla City does not, and is no more enhanced than the average, jungle dwelling, non-sapient gorilla. I was against them having the SS symbol at the time, but time marches on.
Old September 21st, 2018, 03:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
But that quote is for the Ape Gang who have no meteor enhancement.

If the GCW are not the baseline, what is? What is the weakest figure with SS?
I don't know who the Ape Gang is.

I don't have a ranking of Super Strength figures. Your guess is as good as mine.

I do know the criteria we use to determine Super Strength, which I've shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I remember the discussion during the GCW thread being that Grodd does have super strength, even by gorilla standards, but the average denizen of Gorilla City does not, and is no more enhanced than the average, jungle dwelling, non-sapient gorilla. I was against them having the SS symbol at the time, but time marches on.
Your understanding of Gorilla City inhabitants and mine are different, then. But I suppose that'll happen with comic book continuity. My understanding is that the average denizen of Gorilla City has strength enhanced beyond that of a normal gorilla (though perhaps not to the level of Grodd) as a result of exposure to the meteor.

If that's not true, then I'd say their Super Strength designation is entirely debatable and they'd probably fare as well as the t-rexes on the check list.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 21st, 2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Baseline precedent set.
Old September 21st, 2018, 03:25 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If a t-rex can lift as much in its jaws as a gorilla can bench press (4,600 lbs) it's probably reasonable for them to have the Super Strength designation anyway. Can they? I have no idea. The closest article I could find to discussing it was one that said they could only lift 400 lbs with their arms and couldn't have picked up a wolly mammoth if the two had existed in the same time period.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 21st, 2018, 03:28 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Picking up a woolly mammoth would be a pretty high bar for SS. Fairly sure Spidey would struggle.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 21st, 2018, 03:29 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hard to get hard data on a creature that has been dead for 65 million years, just about as hard as measuring the bench press of a comic book character.

Are you disregarding the comic panel that clearly shows Bob picking up a bus full of muties?

Looks like Woolys ran around 6 tons.
Old September 21st, 2018, 03:32 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Who all is actually against SS on dinos at this point?
Old September 21st, 2018, 03:33 PM

Just Bats I believe.
Old September 21st, 2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Hard to get hard data on a creature that has been dead for 65 million years, just about as hard as measuring the bench press of a comic book character.

Are you disregarding the comic panel that clearly shows Bob picking up a bus full of muties?

Looks like Woolys ran around 6 tons.
Yep, Woolys are around 6 tons, so well over the threshold for Super Strength. Y'all are mistaken if you feel that I'm presenting a case for or against Super Strength for t-rexes here. I'm merely giving the facts as I understand them and establishing how I don't think it's cut and dry based on what we've uncovered thus far.

Is the assumption with Bob that's he's a typical, run of the mill t-rex? My impression was that most named dinosaurs would be more in the exceptional class of the species rather than the baseline (thus my earlier comment that it'd likely vary from dino-to-dino).

Pretty sure you can find bench press data on comic book characters and I was able to at least find how much a t-rex can lift in its arms. With a deep enough dive I imagine we could find out how much a t-rex could lift in its jaws.

Whether or not that's how you want to spend your time is entirely up to you. All I'm doing is letting you know how I see our criteria for Super Strength and how I see the evidence presented thus far. I'm not at all invested in whether or not t-rexes are given Super Strength or not as a result of the conversation.

Old September 21st, 2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Just Bats I believe.
That's an inaccurate belief.

Old September 21st, 2018, 03:48 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I can justify all the dinos Tornado's been working on having Superstrength without too much trouble. I appreciate the comic pages, Tornado, as it helps to have some concrete examples.

I wasn't really involved in the designing of the Gorilla City Warriors, nor do I have much knowledge about them, so I'll refrain from commenting on them. At some point along the line we did decide to make all of the Gorilla City characters have SS, though, since Solovar has it and he's just a normal citizen turned leader.

I would have to agree with Tornado that size factors in. While a giant dinosaur may not be able to lift 15-times its weight (2,000 pounds being about that for a human), since it's so big it can likely throw around 1-times its weight (not sure how much T-Rex's weigh generally but the example stands).

All in all, I don't think this is quite as big of a discussion as it's being made out to be. We're not perfect and it's just Superstrength (a relatively low-impact power) at the end of the day. Tornado's attempt to make simplistic dinosaurs is still cool, and I still want to see it, either way.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 21st, 2018, 04:17 PM

The question was raised as to whether or not it's accurate for a t-rex to have Super Strength. I'm providing feedback and what analysis I have to offer. I'm really fine with whatever y'all choose to do with that and whatever direction you choose to go in.

From what I've seen so far, I don't personally think it's unreasonable to give them Super Strength or to not give them Super Strength. So if y'all feel it adds value to the project to give an average t-rex Super Strength, I'd say go for it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy