Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old January 2nd, 2016, 01:38 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape & Arena of the Planeswalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
This is difficult. People here tend to look at the Planeswalkers as equal to Unique Heroes in HS but I don't think that's quite the case. I see them as more on the level of a Valkyrie General than Unique Hero. I mean, they summon creatures the way the Valkyries do and they can cast multiple spells per battle, many of which can range over the entire battlefield. That's pretty powerful.

Their raw stats are pretty epic, too. There are very few HS heroes that have 6 and 7 life. Many have pointed out that Nissa has a similar run-and-gun ability to Silver Surfer, which is fairly broken when used against classic scape figs.

I think the Planeswalkers would have to be nerfed quite a bit to get to a unique hero level. I think you could keep their cost about where it is and remove their spell casting abilities. That would make them equivalent to Marvelscape heroes. From there, you'd have to adjust their raw stats and powers and then decide how much to lower their cost to make them equal to Classicscape Unique heroes...
Why not just make the Valkyrie Generals, as Planeswalkers.... Then they can summon their own units. That idea sounds pretty cool to me.
Something like These guys, except they can summon heroes and squads? That's a way I hadn't thought about.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old January 2nd, 2016, 03:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Marro Warlord, I remember this post. It had come to mind when I said what I said. Of course there would have to be a couple of changes to make it work. Maybe classify them as planeswalkers. There could always be an unsaid rule that they are planeswalkers, and heroes and squads are creatures. It is a cool idea though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 2nd, 2016, 04:29 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

I like having no order markers, that's how my friends and I have always played heroscape, and I'm glad it's not in AOTP
Old January 4th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I admit, I like no order markers, too. OMs were okay, but I just think eliminating them streamlines the game a bit and makes things move faster.

Trex, great idea about adding the Valkyrie Genrals as Plainswalkers! I'm all for that! Jandar would be white, of course. Vydar is Blue/Black (the new expansion has a plainswalker that wields two colors of magic), Utgar is Red/Black (has to have some black since he uses Undead units). Ullar is straight Green, Aquilla is Green (or White/Green), and lastly, Einar, I would say is Red/White (wierd combo, I know, but he has a Cleric on his team and needs something to differentiate himself from Gideon.

And I guess if you treat Valkrill as his own general (I don't, since he never really got fleshed out very much) I suppose he's black, as Confred said.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 4th, 2016, 05:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I admit, I like no order markers, too. OMs were okay, but I just think eliminating them streamlines the game a bit and makes things move faster.

Trex, great idea about adding the Valkyrie Genrals as Plainswalkers! I'm all for that! Jandar would be white, of course. Vydar is Blue/Black (the new expansion has a plainswalker that wields two colors of magic), Utgar is Red/Black (has to have some black since he uses Undead units). Ullar is straight Green, Aquilla is Green (or White/Green), and lastly, Einar, I would say is Red/White (wierd combo, I know, but he has a Cleric on his team and needs something to differentiate himself from Gideon.

And I guess if you treat Valkrill as his own general (I don't, since he never really got fleshed out very much) I suppose he's black, as Confred said.
Love this idea, Now the quest for making my Generals/Planeswalkers.

Old January 4th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Problem with Valkyrie General Plainswalkers:

Plainswalkers (at least to this point) only have two special abilities. Valk generals already have one slot taken by Flying. That leaves one slot available. Einar gets Counterstrike, right (why wouldn't he)? So he's Gideon with flying (and no battle rage or whatever). I guess that's kinda cool. Flying basically gets them out of sticky situations that other plainswalkers might get stuck in. It also (potentially gets them to better spots quicker (like height).

It gives them a little less synergy between their powers though. Gideon's Batte rage (or whatever it's called) meshes really well with his Counterstrike, while Einar's Flying and Counterstrike don't really work well together (yeah, I know, Einar doesn't necessarily have to have Counterstrike, but still).

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
Old January 4th, 2016, 11:21 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will be working on a conversion, I think i have a lead. I look forward to seeing what others come up with. I think the key is integrating the X order markers as being used to take a turn... more to come

Last edited by chief; January 9th, 2016 at 02:06 AM.
Old January 5th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

But there aren't OMs in AotP...and I would be against introducing them, personally.

Old January 7th, 2016, 02:59 PM
"like" happy

Some HS units are dependent on the use of order markers. It makes the cards what they are and restricts some of the abilities by once a round, etc.

Old January 7th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

It is all a matter of play style.

I for one think the Order markers are one of the most important aspects of Heroscape.

1. The requirement to plan your next 3 moves can be critical and encourages thoughtful play.
2. A loss of order marker due to the destruction of a figure can be as bad or worse than the figure loss itself.
3. The initiative switch can really impact the flow of a game.
4. Some of the most exciting moments of the game are rolling those initiative dice knowing that your risky strategy may hinge on the outcome of the roll.
5. So many figures are dependent on those Order markers including Order Marker removers, Control figures and Initiative boosters. Even units that don't mention order markers have their price impacted by them such as the Brutes, who would be much cheaper if you could just choose to use the Goblins whenever you wanted to.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 7th, 2016, 03:48 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
3. The initiative switch can really impact the flow of a game.
4. Some of the most exciting moments of the game are rolling those initiative dice knowing that your risky strategy may hinge on the outcome of the roll.
My buddy and I, a long time ago, used to eliminate initiatives (not order markers) due to the frustration of the perceived injustice of how important initiatives were to winning the game. We would roll off for initiative at the beginning of the game and the whomever won kept it the whole game. We tried to mitigate any inherent advantage by making the auto initiative player reveal his Order Marker 1 location prior to setting other order markers. (We had house rules for figures where an automatic initiative would be crippling see Airborne)

Anyway, I have changed my mind about the initiative luck and felt that #3 and #4 above are actually things that add to the strategy by planning around a switch. And yes, the excitement hinging around a key initiative are part of the game as well.
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

My point is that since AotP doesn't use initiative, it wouldn't make sense to add it when integrating classic figs into AotP. But if bringing AotP into classic HS, then yes, you should play with initiative.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender