Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Already read one whole textbook --The Humanist Tradition -- before the semester even started. Now I've started Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody for American History 212 and I'm hooked. It's so poignant and honestly written I can't put it down, and that's rare for me with autobiographies.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not reading at this moment. However I do plan on getting the third book in the "Inheritance" series soon. Then I believe in Oct. my love comes around again. The Legend of Drizt The Pirate King comes out. Now that one I really can't wait for! I'm also still waiting on the library to have Star Wars Invincible available for me. So as you can see, I've got a lot of reading to do soon.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM

WorldBuilder is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm reading the Pendragon books for the third time, the last one comes out in '09

I am... ME!!
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

I am reading....Reaper man, Maskerade, THUD!, and wyrd sisters. I am trying to get my hands on all the Terry Prachett books I can!

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old August 24th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

ARTEMIS FOWL 5!!!!!
and Lariel

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old August 24th, 2008, 06:28 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

#5 is out? Awesome! Wait, whats it called?

Invisible Man, by Ralph Ellison.
Old August 24th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry to dissappoint you Elffy. There is 6 now...
5 = Lost colony
6 = I don't remember I saw it in Books A Million.

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Zelrig is surprisingly tart

The 6th is The Time Paradox. Sadly, it was the worst yet...

CUrrently reading the Wishsong of Shannara.

Zelrig is Eldgrim...
in the ROSE CAVE...
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:43 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael's Acid View Post
I pour through books like they were the last book on earth. I have to read at night before I sleep. As a result, I usually finish them quickly. I just got done with Odd Hours, and I thought it was great. I think my favorite in the series was the first, and Brother Odd. I agree with you MI Tiger. There is something different about this series. I'm also waiting for him to finish the Frankenstein series. Loved that one. Right now I'm rereading the Dark Tower books by Stephen King. I LOVE those. Excellent work.
I finished Odd Hours last week and I was really disappointed. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but Odd's willingness to use violence seemed out of character. I guess its good that the character is growing, but I miss the poor fry cook back in Pico Mundo (I also miss the Pico Mundo supporting characters). I still heartily recommend the series, but this one was probably my least favorite of the 4.
Old August 26th, 2008, 01:06 AM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
The fourth and seventh are the best, Rifier_Ace. Read them 10 times each before I'm done with the Seventh Book, and you'll beat me! Right Now, I'm reading the Invisible Man, by some author. ;D
I finished the third book on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I am now about 250 pages through the fourth and enjoying it just as much or more. I had read all of the books four or so years ago but had stopped reading after the fourth book because my parents aren't exactly fans of the books but now that I am older (15) I can read the books again without their scrutiny. My older brother has the fifth, sixth and seventh books that I plan on reading right after I finish the fourth book. How good would you say the fifth book is compared to the fourth book?
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:33 AM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

Just started Book 6 of the Harry Potter series. Ive really gotten into them, it seems like they are getting better and better!

Live in the Ohio Valley? Consider Joining OVAH
Snoop dont sow.
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They do, gents. They do, indeed. I forgot about the lost Colony...I read that last year in school. The Sixth, I MUST READ.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books