Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old November 8th, 2019, 01:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 0] HONORED SOUL-GUIDES (Lantern Geists) - Design

I'd say we should just limit it to Medium, yeah. IT feels right for this design.
Old November 8th, 2019, 02:28 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I asked a person who has played on TTS with me exactly once and he said it was easily understandable.
Old November 8th, 2019, 02:31 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll show the design to some of the people who only play the game once per month and know a handful of units at my next campus event to see what they think.
Old December 6th, 2019, 04:38 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I showed the current stage of our designs to a less experienced 'scape player looking specifically for feedback on complexity/comprehension.

They didn't really have any trouble parsing this card. They commented that it's a kind of effect that a lot of games have, so they were able to apply knowledge from other systems in interpreting the ability. They also noted that they pretty much immediately knew how the design needed to be played in order to be effective, as a unit that needs to stay around until the endgame.
Old December 6th, 2019, 08:36 PM

Would it be useful for me to show the two powers to people who don't know of heroscape? I’m in a lot of discords and chat rooms devoted to various games or gaming in general that I could ask.
Old December 8th, 2019, 01:41 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I don't think it hurts us to show anything we think might need addressing. These guys offer such a great, unique power/theme, hopefully the feedback continues to be that the concept is easy to understand.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 8th, 2019, 04:10 PM

Yesterday, I asked five people who didn't know what game the ability was from - four gave me a plain-english description of what they thought was happening. They were all correct. The fifth was in a hurry, but they said they understood it well enough.
Old December 13th, 2019, 11:54 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

I think this is a really cool design.

Long live heroscape
Old December 13th, 2019, 01:42 PM

Me too. I think we can make this work. Let’s treat this as a bump to get back into it.
Old December 13th, 2019, 02:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The feedback has been mostly positive from non-scapers. to move to editing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 13th, 2019 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Woot
Old December 13th, 2019, 08:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Just read the power aloud to @DeceitfulBeauty in the other room asking her to say what she thought it did, and she said "Bad necromancy?" Asking why, she elaborated "The Hero doesn't last very long." I explained a little of the idea of guiding the already-dead hero, to which she responded "Psychopomps!"

I think we're doing OK.

Do we have an official vote going?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 13th, 2019, 08:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Just read the power aloud to @DeceitfulBeauty in the other room asking her to say what she thought it did, and she said "Bad necromancy?" Asking why, she elaborated "The Hero doesn't last very long." I explained a little of the idea of guiding the already-dead hero, to which she responded "Psychopomps!"

I think we're doing OK.

Do we have an official vote going?
May as well now.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs