Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 4th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Looking forward to teaching Runewars tonight
The new one, with the minis in trays?
Yeah, the Runewars Miniatures game. I do like the board game too though.
Cool. It looks neat for sure, but I can't get into another minis system at this time. But if any of the guys in my group ever get it, I'd be happy to play their copy

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 5th, 2017, 09:50 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cool. It looks neat for sure, but I can't get into another minis system at this time. But if any of the guys in my group ever get it, I'd be happy to play their copy
I don't need one either, but it is a lot of fun.
Old April 5th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What is this silly talk of "need"? It's all about the power of "want"!!

Newb.
Old April 5th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't need one either, but it is a lot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
What is this silly talk of "need"? It's all about the power of "want"!!

Newb.
Heck, if it were "need", I wouldn't have a lot of the gaming stuff I have

I have had to curb my "want" impulses.....somewhat

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What is the most common 'map' to play on for miniature games?
Heroscape is hex based and I know many use squares.

Is there something that is most popular?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What is the most common 'map' to play on for miniature games?
Heroscape is hex based and I know many use squares.

Is there something that is most popular?
I know of a few types of terrain movement for games:

-Hex space such as heroscape-single figure occupant
-Grid movement for games-single figure occupant
-Larger space zones-larger zone space that holds many figures.
-Ruler/stick movement.

The hex terrain is not as common as the grid. The grid is used for many a games such as dnd, star wars miniatures, star wars imperial assault, Descent, Teenage mutant ninja turtles(latest one), and many others. The larger space zones work for games I know of that are associated with some area control games such as bloodrage, zombicide, rum and bones, the upcoming massive darkness, mainly cmon games as far as I know. Then you have ruler movement for all those wargames with no spaces such as warhammer 40k, etc. The stick and maneuver movement for games like XWING. I think Grids are most common though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:26 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Thank you!
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Tornado , I plan on building a series of grid terrain using the Blue/pink insulation foam to make Dungeon and sci fi type terrain that I could use for all my grid use games including the star wars ones.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 6th, 2017, 01:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I agree, the grid approach seems more common which is disappointing since I have all this awesome 3-D hex terrain. I seen a Robotech type of game at a gaming convention set up on heroscape hexes once but that is about the only cross use I know of.
Old April 6th, 2017, 02:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See Games That Can Be Played On Heroscape Terrain at BGG which list a lot of hex-games. I think most minis games made now are freeform with a tape measure (or templates for X-Wing), and few are either square grid or hex, and even fewer triangle hub-and-spoke. I refuse to get any game that requires a tape measure, and if I did get into X-wing, I would probably prefer the heX-Wing version.
Old April 6th, 2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Tornado , I plan on building a series of grid terrain using the Blue/pink insulation foam to make Dungeon and sci fi type terrain that I could use for all my grid use games including the star wars ones.
Very cool. I am developing some ideas for buildings and grid certainly works nicer than hexes. I am developing in both directions currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I agree, the grid approach seems more common which is disappointing since I have all this awesome 3-D hex terrain. I seen a Robotech type of game at a gaming convention set up on heroscape hexes once but that is about the only cross use I know of.
That was likely Battletech. A lot of the original Mechs were rip offs of Robotech.
I played a ton of Battletech in my youth. I bought Heroscape to make maps for Battletech.
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:07 AM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That was likely Battletech. A lot of the original Mechs were rip offs of Robotech.

I used to have a copy of Battledroids, from before George Lucas waved a lawsuit at FASA over the use of the term "droid" and they changed the name to Battletech; the box had a pair of 1/144 plastic mecha model kits from Dougram in it. A Dougram and a Soltic, IIRC; it's been way too long for me to be sure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games