Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 7th, 2017, 11:08 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tourney-- Jan 7th

I am assuming 24 space limit, but could be wrong. Actually, can some one bring one of these two overpowered units in this scenario (I have an alt army but not as good):
4x Warforged
3x Sacred Band + Arashara Goshiri (Or let me proxy Romans and the Einar flagbearer)
Old January 7th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

Can someone bring me a squad of Stingers?
Old January 7th, 2017, 11:50 AM

Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker

Sawyer is coming, but I am going to pass this month. See everyone in February.
Old January 8th, 2017, 04:39 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Good event, even with only 5 of us. Of course, @NecroBlade won again. Interesting that with 5 of us, 3 of us went 3-1, then there was a 1-0 and a 0-0.

I really liked Arashara Goshiri in this format, but I only got to Shift onto a glyph once, and he was a pretty big threat so got taken down quick - the definition of a Shark. However, the army could not stand up to Necro and his Skeletons of Annellintia, although I did get him down to 1 life on Cypren and got rid of the skeletons, of course he life drained his health back. Isamu tried to take down the Esenweins but failed.

I then played a couple of games of Magic:AotP on a Cryptolith Map Shadow Crypt by @quozl . Honestly it is probably a better Herocape or AotP 4-player map than AotP 2-player map, as we just ended up fighting mostly in the middle of the board. I did wreck his Red/Green army/deck with my Black Zombie army/deck; although his deck had a lot of power-ups for him, my deck had more power-downs for him, not to mention his bad luck in getting Skulls and Shields when he needed it.

Fun time. I won't be there next month but hopefully soon after.
Old January 29th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tourney-- Feb 4th

OP updated.
Old February 1st, 2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Feb 4th

400 pts, Must have exactly 2 squads and 2 heroes.
Sounds fun, but unfortunately I will going home to my folks this weekend, and either be at Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh (C2P) Tournament or just stay with my folks and friends.

One fun army idea: Braxas, Deathreavers X2 and Rhogar Dragonspine
Use deathreavers to spam squads, Braxas to Poisonous Acid Breath everything, and Rhogar to heal Braxas and draw fire, not to mention a having a decent Special Attack and life/defense as a clean-up figure. I don't know why I don't give Rhogar more love in general, but I think he can shine in this format.

An idea for next month's army format: Point-less Competitive Armies. Cap figure hex limit to 12 or 16, but unlimited points. I think you will see a similar mix of 1/2 heroes and 1/2 squads in army (Groks and all Kyrie squads are even good), and the hex limit as opposed to figure limit helps cut down on spamming dragons and giants too much. It would even be fun as "Heat of Battle" as well - with such high point armies (1500+) we shouldn't have to waste time moving, just duke it out.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 1st, 2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 10:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
An idea for next month's army format: Point-less Competitive Armies. Cap figure hex limit to 12 or 16, but unlimited points.

We did something like this once. It was different and fun. Might revisit it sometime.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 9th, 2017, 11:10 AM

@Phantom PMed asked if he could steal my army above to play in the tournament, and I approved and was happy he played it as he served as a vicarious player for me:
Braxas, Deathreavers X2 and Rhogar Dragonspine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
I came in third place, and I think came REALLY close to first!
My first match was against Jacob, he had brought Major Q10, Sir Gilbert and Knights of Weston.
He was "distracted" by the Deathreavers and I managed to acid breath all of his knights! Major Q10 eventually brought her down and Rhogar duked it out until it was only Sir Gilbert and three rats. BUT my rats were on a Wannock Glyph and that was how I eventually won.

Next, was Tommy, he had brought an interesting army - Laglor, Taelord and this new Confederate soldiers C3V squad.
I used the rats to quickly grab the move and initiative glyph. His Rebel soldiers were able to pick off my rats with a 4 attack die and insane range, but he made the mistake of getting greedy and shooting one more - this let my get back onto the move glyph and I was able to bring Braxas into range of his soldiers. I acid breathed them, got beat on a bit by Laglor, then cowardly jumped on the healing glyph. She got taken down and then it just became a slug fest with Rhogar mopping up.
Having the initiative glyph helped out a lot. I think this game I even managed to use Rhogar to heal Braxas!

Last was David with his cheesy, Raelin, Q9 and Phantom knights. Braxas was MPV again - she took out all his knights AND Raelin. She went down again and it was up to Rhogar. My crucial mistake came when I lacked faith and didn't put all my markers on Rhogar (I'm terrible about doing that!) That was my last chance to take down Q9 - he was at one health!!!
For the next 10 minutes I threw my rats in an impossible battle until he finally took me down.

We only played three games because they were teaching two new guys how to play for the first time - that took an hour and a half!

Anyway, thanks for the army idea.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 9th, 2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old February 10th, 2017, 06:25 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
He was "distracted" by the Deathreavers and I managed to acid breath all of his knights! Major Q10 eventually brought her down and Rhogar duked it out until it was only Sir Gilbert and three rats. BUT my rats were on a Wannock Glyph and that was how I eventually won.
It's always interesting to read the other side's take on a game. I wasn't so much "distracted" by the Rats as a) they were targets of opportunity since they came out first, b) one was on Wannok, so why not shoot it off, c) I did position Q10 so the he couldn't be engaged while simultaneously knowing that actually engaging Braxas wouldn't really do anything since her Acid Breath doesn't care.

At any rate, the what really decided things was full health Q10 vs full health Rhogar... which somehow Rhogar wins. Q10 has 2 fewer life, but 1 more Defense and twice as many attacks! And also terrible dice rolls.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 16th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tourney-- March 4th -- Uniques Only

OP updated.
Old February 19th, 2017, 12:07 PM

Because it's Uniques Only, we will be using Treasure Glyphs this month instead of power!

Thoughts on the trap?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 19th, 2017, 05:11 PM

I should be able to go this month. For trap, I always liked this fun one: Hit Yourself: Roll your attack against your defense and take damage accordingly. Not a common trap, just one I use. You could do one unopposed attack die or 3 attack against your defense, as those are more common.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events