Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old October 20th, 2006, 12:48 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Yeah, that looks pretty nice. You guys have to let me know if it's fun.
So, you're not gonna play it if I get it?
Am I invited too?
But of course.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 20th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Yeah, that looks pretty nice. You guys have to let me know if it's fun.
So, you're not gonna play it if I get it?
Hell yeah! I'm just not going to buy it until I know if I'll dig it. But I'll play it if you pay for it!

Actually, I was hoping you would get it, so I could try it without having to shell out the cash. Yeah, I'm cheap. Heck, I only review games so I can get them all for free.
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ninth told me you were cheap....but not easy.

*ducks....

So far, Rackham has developed some good games but the price has kept me from delving too deep but the prepainted minis might be the push needed to fall of that wagon. Of course, a good ruleset is a plus but I'll probably be picking up the base set. I like how they show what is in the base set box. The barricades look cool too.

Newb.
Old October 20th, 2006, 03:16 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The problem with Rackham's pre-painted game (and Joah - it'd be cool if you could put in the thread title someting like "AT-43 : Rackham's new pre-painted miniature game") is that the pictures that have been shown so far are very confusing and ambiguous about what quality of paintjob they will have.

The "official" pics make the minis look AMAZING (too unbelievably amazing, actually) and the candid shots make them look pretty horrible, actually (i.e. the "mime" face picture shown in the "Figures from other games" thread and the ones from the other board at that Europe convention).

It totally depends which figures show up in the box - the clown-aliens, or the scary ones.
Old October 20th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
What if a person thinks clowns=scary?

Newb.
Old October 20th, 2006, 03:22 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Here's Annerios' post that made the worry about Rackham's production quality pretty clear, I thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Here are some more shots of prototypes for that expensive Rackham AT-43 game. Nice looking figures; especially those aliens.

These look more like what the production figures will look like:

Old October 20th, 2006, 04:34 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
I'm OK with those production figures. They look pretty darn cool to me.
Old October 20th, 2006, 08:21 PM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
They do look pretty cool but they are light years from the hand painted ones.
The obvious spot to notice is the alien faces, which looks like it could be remedied with a wash. But notice stuff like the highlights on the weaponry. The hand painted ones have nice dry brushed highlights on the edges and look very "real". the production ones just look like slabs of black.

Maybe its just sour grapes that I cant afford this after pre-ordering Battlelore.
Aardvark
Old October 20th, 2006, 10:34 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
"AT-43" the new miniature game from Rackham

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark22
Maybe its just sour grapes that I cant afford this after pre-ordering Battlelore.
Aardvark
Yeah, between Wave 6, Battlelore and this, I'm in some serious trouble.

But I'll probably put this in front of 'Lore.

I've been wanting a good Sci-fi game ( that ISN'T SW) for a long time.
From everything I've read about the game, it sounds like I found it.

Old October 20th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Aah, now it's making sense. The production figures aren't all bad, just not the quality of their "show" pieces. Still, the paintjobs on the human troopers look superior to many pre-painted figs such as Lotr minis, heroclix and SW minis. The aliens, eh not bad. Maybe that's what they look like in real life.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:16 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom
Maybe that's what they look like in real life.

Glamor Shots

What she looks like in the morning w/out her makeup on!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:26 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I think its kind've funny that 'Scapers, just like Confrontation players are questioning paint jobs.

"My name is Joah, and I love my A(**face)shra Warriors."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures