Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2021, 03:44 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Workbook of Cave Troll of Moria - Playtesting (Fellowshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
TLDR: I'm a fan of simplifying whenever possible, but I don't want the cave troll to be worth his points on a map with very little dungeon.

-----------------------------

I suppose I don't see "niche" & "hard to use" as inherently bad things for this card. Cave trolls (and moria orcs) are only ever seen in Moria (or right outside, at night) canonically as far as I remember, and I think it makes sense that a cave troll won't be worth his points on a non-dungeon heavy map.

That being said, I do see "overly complex" as a problem for any card. I agree that the ability as written is definitely more complex than either (1) road movement bonus and (2) just starting or just ending on shadow. But I'm not sure that your proposal is the best solution because the troll's strength doesn't scale well with the increasing percentage of dungeon tiles on the map.

I'm not sure what the best answer here is at this point though.

What are others thoughts?
I’ve thought it over as I’ve been catching up with the designs in here to give them a look, and decided that this group isn’t for me. I do like the start of the Hobbit cards but most of the villian cards don’t really line up even close to what I would think as a thematic direction. This is not a bad thing. Just not for me. I thought I would give it another go, as it appeared that there may have a chance of allowing alternate ideas, but seems it’s not that way. Good luck to you fellas. I’ll just finish making the rest of my Tolkien customs in my customs thread. Feel free to disregard my input.
In case you havent noticed, this is no longer a huge or formal project. Everything is subject to be a rough draft, to change and to have better ideas.

In all group projects there will be ideas taken, ideas discarded and ideas merged. I just gave a stab at what I thought your suggestion would look like integrated with what we have. If there is discussion dont feel put out, I'm definitely happy to hear your ideas and be on board with implementing some if I agree with them.

No reason to just wipe your hands of it completely m8
Old February 2nd, 2021, 03:53 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I thought I would give it another go, as it appeared that there may have a chance of allowing alternate ideas, but seems it’s not that way.
I'm sorry that my reply came across this way; that was not my intention.

I don't have a ton of time to put into thread replies, and I mostly just throw out the first thoughts that I have to get them in the public sphere and (hopefully) try to keep the discussion rolling along. There's not much/any editing that goes into them.

For what it's worth, I have no position of authority on this project and my opinions are just that: my opinions. They don't necessarily represent the views of anyone else in HoME, and I've been known to make mistakes and be wrong on occasion

Your time is entirely your own and yours to dictate as you want, but I would hate for a relevant reason for you not proceeding with HoME to be how my thoughts on figure powers come across on the forum threads.

Best wishes, whether you stay or go. And either way, we'd always be happy having your thoughts shared on this forum.

- Chris
Old February 2nd, 2021, 04:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
I thought I would give it another go, as it appeared that there may have a chance of allowing alternate ideas, but seems it’s not that way.
I'm sorry that my reply came across this way; that was not my intention.

I don't have a ton of time to put into thread replies, and I mostly just throw out the first thoughts that I have to get them in the public sphere and (hopefully) try to keep the discussion rolling along. There's not much/any editing that goes into them.

For what it's worth, I have no position of authority on this project and my opinions are just that: my opinions. They don't necessarily represent the views of anyone else in HoME, and I've been known to make mistakes and be wrong on occasion

Your time is entirely your own and yours to dictate as you want, but I would hate for a relevant reason for you not proceeding with HoME to be how my thoughts on figure powers come across on the forum threads.

Best wishes, whether you stay or go. And either way, we'd always be happy having your thoughts shared on this forum.

- Chris
There isn't any hard feelings on my part. I was on the fence about even getting involved in another group project. I was considering this one from my points above and to combine it with the fact that I am adding to my previous LOTR designs in my own thread to go with the beautiful 3d prints I've been making lately.
@Shiftrex , that stab looks pretty good.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs