Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 19th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

He should definitely be an equipment glyph. I would have made him a unique hero, because he has his own abilities, and personality; and can exist separately from Ernie, but both of them are dependent on each other to exist. Ernie really benefits the most from the relationship. He gets regenerative powers and an undead army, while smiley only gets existence.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Last edited by laughing matter; November 19th, 2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old November 19th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
He should definitelyne an equipment glyph. I would have made him a unique hero, because he has his own abilities, and personality; and can exist separately from Ernie, but both of them are dependant on each other to exist. Ernie really benefits the most from the relationship. He gets regenerative powers and an undead army, while smiley only gets existence.
Well, in that case, you could work Smiley like Harley and any friendly figure adjacent to him receives certain benefits, but at the end of a round in which Smiley is not adjacent to Evil Ernie, destroy him. I do agree that an equipment glyph is definitely the simplest way to represent that relationship though.
Old November 19th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Ok, I'd probably rework it like this.

SMILEY THE PSYCHOTIC BUTTON
Start the game with the Glyph of Smiley on this card. If the Glyph of Smiley is not on this card, after taking a turn with Evil Ernie, place one Wound Marker on this card. Evil Ernie can only lose the Glyph of Smiley if he receives 2 or more wounds from a single attack or special power, or is destroyed.
This looks good

Quote:
EQUIPMENT GLYPH
When a figure equipped with this glyph attacks a figure with the Magical Defense special power, that figure may not use any special powers on its card for the remainder of the turn. In addition, when a figure equipped with this glyph would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, it instead receives one wound. At the end of the round, if this glyph is on the battlefield, destroy it.

Then I would just give him Healing Factor as his ability to heal comes from himself not Smiley.
Actually his ability to heal DOES come from Smiley. Smiley channels Lady Death's Arcane Energy to heal Evil Ernie, and bring back anybody he kills as an Undead mass-murderer.

The Magical Defense Counter Strike line was to represent the effect that his Arcane Energy has on mystical characters such as Cremator, the blacksmith of hell, and other beings that use magic offensively instead of defensively.

Thematically, creating more Undead is much more important than the magic counter strike. This version of Smiley is nothing more than Doctor Strange's Sorcerer Supreme ability, Invincibility from Molly Hayes, and a short shelf-life.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:37 AM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

NAME = THUNDERBIRD
SECRET IDENTY = John Proudstar
SPECIES = Mutant
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Warrior
PERSONALITY = Proud

Points= 240

LIFE=5
MOVE=6
RANGE=1
ATTACK=6
DEFENSE=5

APACHE TRACKING
Thunderbird may add 3 to his move number as long as he is unengaged prior to moving. Thunderbird must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use Apache Tracking.

DENSE TISSUE
When Thunderbird rolls defense dice against a normal attack if he rolls at least one shield he may reroll any skulls. This may only be used once per attack.
SS

This design was primarily made by @Xael Raymand I think the design looks great.

Last edited by Midgieboy3; November 30th, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old November 27th, 2014, 08:46 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Just from what I read from Wikipedia

" Thunderbird was a mutant that possesses superhuman strength (sufficient to rip apart a fighter jet with his bare hands), speed (he was fast enough to outrun a bison, possibly much faster), stamina, and durability due to his dense musculature.[7] His senses were also enhanced, enabling him to become a highly adept tracker. Thunderbird had received military training in hand-to-hand combat. "

I would increase his strength to minimum 5 but probably 6. I may also change his abilities a little to something like this

Tracking
Thunderbird may add 4 to his move number as long as he is unengaged prior to moving. Thunderbird must be able to move adjacent to an opponent's figure in order to use tracking. (Charging Assault rip off, but it works)

Tough
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack Thunderbird always add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. ( some characters I think should just reuse established powers)

you could probably get away with this though

Dense Tissue
When Thunderbird rolls defense dice against a normal attack if he rolls at least one shield he may reroll any skulls. This may only be used once per attack. (I'm sure there is a similar ability that could probably be used instead)

SS

I don't see him having more then two abilities

Life: 5
Move:5
Range:1
Attack:6
Defense:5

Old November 27th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

A trained guy with the strength to rip apart a jet? That's clearly 6 attack. For Tracking, you're probably better off going for the official version on Brave Arrow:

Tracking

While moving, Thunderbird may add two to his move value. If he does, he cannot attack this turn.

I prefer Dense Tissue to tough, but only because it makes a fairly boring figure slightly more interesting. Also, if he has Superhuman speed, he should have a base move of at least 6, IMO.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 27th, 2014, 09:50 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Brave Arrows tracking is good too. If we used the other one it would have to be called something else, like Apache Tracking. As far as his speed I know Wikipedia says super speed but I believe it's more of an enhanced speed but I agree that 6 would be representative of that. Which would allow him to either use Tracking for move of 8 or Apache tracking move of 10 which I would probably reduce to 9.
Old November 27th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

I gave him 4 attack because the I was going to make his defense higher. I don't want him to be stronger than Luke Cage, because I don't think he is. All feedback is awesome, thanks.

Old November 27th, 2014, 11:05 AM

I have only ever read one comic book that he was involved in and that happened to be the one where he rips the fighter jet apart (the same issue that he dies in). I would venture to say that he is stronger then Luke Cage but probably not Tougher ( if that makes any sense).

Luke Cage

Attack: 5 (possibility of 6 if on correct terrain)
Defense: 5 (only take one damage if at least one shield is rolled against any attack)

ThunderBird

Attack: 6 (No Bonus)
Defense 5 (only bonus vs. Normal attacks possible reroll)

I would say they are fairly comparable with the main difference being the added bonus of Luke Cage increasing teammates stats and Thunderbird getting the advanced movement plus Mutant bonding.
Old November 27th, 2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
I have only ever read one comic book that he was involved in and that happened to be the one where he rips the fighter jet apart (the same issue that he dies in). I would venture to say that he is stronger then Luke Cage but probably not Tougher ( if that makes any sense).

Luke Cage

Attack: 5 (possibility of 6 if on correct terrain)
Defense: 5 (only take one damage if at least one shield is rolled against any attack)

ThunderBird

Attack: 6 (No Bonus)
Defense 5 (only bonus vs. Normal attacks possible reroll)

I would say they are fairly comparable with the main difference being the added bonus of Luke Cage increasing teammates stats and Thunderbird getting the advanced movement plus Mutant bonding.
Your are totally right about that when I think about it. Guess it was a bad comparison. Do you think he should have 5 defense. I don't think anyone should be to juiced up, you know, and again I like giving ideas so someone with more experience can make the figure way better.

Old November 27th, 2014, 01:20 PM

I think 5 would be ok. If you wanted to compare him to another mutant with similar abilities the closest would be colossus.

Life: 6
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 6
Defense: 6 (with an extra auto shield)

of course his points are 260. Thunderbird may end up being more points simply because mutant bonding is a huge advantage. Initially you had him at 200 points, but with him being a mutant it might bump him up to the 220 - 250 range. That would also be dependent on which defensive powers you gave him.

As for experience I have been playing Heroscape for roughly 5 years and using C3G customs for 4 of those years. However I have never designed my own characters and have only ever turned in one playtest (still working on that Killer Frost). The people here are great though, their dedication to this project is amazing and frankly the quality of their work is outstanding.

I just like to comment from time to time, mainly though I just read through the threads.
Old November 27th, 2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
I think 5 would be ok. If you wanted to compare him to another mutant with similar abilities the closest would be colossus.

Life: 6
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 6
Defense: 6 (with an extra auto shield)

of course his points are 260. Thunderbird may end up being more points simply because mutant bonding is a huge advantage. Initially you had him at 200 points, but with him being a mutant it might bump him up to the 220 - 250 range. That would also be dependent on which defensive powers you gave him.

As for experience I have been playing Heroscape for roughly 5 years and using C3G customs for 4 of those years. However I have never designed my own characters and have only ever turned in one playtest (still working on that Killer Frost). The people here are great though, their dedication to this project is amazing and frankly the quality of their work is outstanding.

I just like to comment from time to time, mainly though I just read through the threads.
Again all points valid, I was going to wait till everyone(the people posting on this design) comes to an agreement, then change it all. If you could make a list of what you thinks best, that would really help @Xael Raymand

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy