Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What expansion should a newbie get first?
Second Master Set 4 19.05%
Terrain 3 14.29%
Wave 1 11 52.38%
Wave 2 0 0%
Wave 3 0 0%
Wave 4 1 4.76%
Wave 5 0 0%
Wave 6 0 0%
Large Piece Expansion 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM

ArcBlade has disabled reputation
Which Expansion to Buy first?

I'm new to HeroScape. I bought the Master Set for the kid at Christmas. I'm on a tight budget but I think I can manage an entire expansion each month or I can mix and match items from each expansion to make the equivalent of a full expansion each month. In order what should I buy furst second and so on?

Feedback...please..feedback.

ArcBlade
Old February 24th, 2007, 06:05 PM

K_Perks has disabled reputation
well wave 3 is impossible to find but wave 1 is nice and 5 is the easy to find
Old February 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM

ArcBlade has disabled reputation
House Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Perks
What about ordering from House Mouse games here on the site?

ArcBlade
Old February 24th, 2007, 06:27 PM

K_Perks has disabled reputation
because they cost a lot
Old February 24th, 2007, 07:23 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These might help you out Arcblade.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=6393
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5885
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5658

House Mouse Games is a very good place to order if you are going the online route.
Old February 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: House Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Perks
What about ordering from House Mouse games here on the site?
Wave 3 isn't available at HouseMouse, or anywhere right now actually. It'll be back eventually, but right now everyone is out of stock.

HouseMouse costs a bit more, but not really all that much. Its an unbelievable value if you're looking for something specific or want to grow your collection a certain way. I recently decided I needed a little more swarm in some of my armies, so I went and bought a lot of stuff there. 4 packs of zombies, 3 packs of Vipers, 2 packs of Gruts (both Blade and Heavy) along with a couple of packs of Einar Imperium to even up my Wave 6. 13 expansions total brought me over the $150 for free shipping, and when you figure tax into the average $10 Wal-Mart purchase, I only ended up spending about $1.50 more per pack.

Here's the real issue though. The gas and time I would have spent (or, in this case, already HAVE spent) driving around week after week looking for those specific units would have been a LOT more than $1.50 or so. Getting a lot of stuff at once is really hard to do in stores, as they don't carry that many copies or that much variety. I strongly suggest you only make a couple of searches before you order online. It will save you a LOT of money in the long run.

Also, I'm a big fan of Wave 2 for newcomers. Most of the units there are pretty standalone and work well with the Masterset. Wave 1 is often recommended, but honestly I don't think its that great until you're willing to buy 2-3 of each of the common packs. Wave 6 feels like it would be a good place to start as well. I also LOVE the Samurai & Lawmen pack of Wave 4 for new players, though the rest of the wave is kinda meh. Large figure expansions are also a lot of fun, as they add a good deal of wow to the game. Terrain is nice as well. Castles and Roads are a great couple of expansions, with Ice in a close second. Lava is okay, but most people don't seem to like it because it detracts from squads.
Old February 24th, 2007, 07:44 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation
I'd go figures before expansions just to add some depth but, from there I'd say road or fortress set. I've enjoyed those the most thus far. If you have them around you, I'd check the local walmart clearance aisles for the Road set and, I found my Orms Return expansion set there to both for under $10. I know my local Walmart still has at least 6 of the Road sets in clearance. I'm tempted to go back and get one or two more myself. Also, shop smart, I only purchase waves at Target or Walmart because they have them under $10 each versus $13 or more at TRU and other retailers like Fry's Electronics. Finally, I got my Fortress sets at Amazon.com because they are $19.99 each which is the cheapest i've seen them for and, when you spend more than $25 you get free shipping. This meant that for $40 I got two sets, no tax and free shipping. Couldn't beat that...unless you got lucky and got some of the Fortresses for under $10 from Target or some such place that i've read about but not seen.

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old February 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
wave 1= beginning(basic simple stuff, everything is good to buy)
wave 2= krug, minions, and 4th mass.
wave 3= extinct
wave 4= lawmen, samurai, and heroes
wave 5= find it anywhere(ninjas, samurai,nikitas)
wave 6= if its in your area everything is worth buying
terrain= expands the variety and "flavor" of your playing field(Definately get Road to the Forgotten Forest aka RttFF)

a little later down the road if you think you're really in to HS buy the flagbearers and castle expansion
all the specific figures i listed are worth getting from the wave

BTW welcome to heroscape and the boards!
Old February 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Raknar's Vision is a Good 1st Expansion to buy
Old February 25th, 2007, 12:53 AM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
As mentioned earlier, RTTF is an essential expansion for good map buliding.

P.S. Hope you enjoy heroscape!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion