Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 16th, 2014, 07:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Hellfire Club's House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
(The Chitauri look a lot like the Marro, don't you think?)
My son thinks so too...of course we use Marro as proxies for White Martians and Moloids too.
Old December 16th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
My son thinks so too...of course we use Marro as proxies for White Martians and Moloids too.
At least now I know I'm not alone. ... Marro have made for excellent proxies for a number of units for us. It took me a long time to track down any Moloids (in stock or at a price I was okay with). When I found them though I bought a whole lot of them.
Old December 16th, 2014, 07:28 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
At least now I know I'm not alone. ... Marro have made for excellent proxies for a number of units for us. It took me a long time to track down any Moloids (in stock or at a price I was okay with). When I found them though I bought a whole lot of them.
We will eventually go down the Moloid road but for now the availability-price point puts them out of our immediate wants. How many did you buy and what is your typical field number when playing?
Old December 16th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We will eventually go down the Moloid road but for now the availability-price point puts them out of our immediate wants. How many did you buy and what is your typical field number when playing?
Off the top of my head, I'm not exactly sure ... but there's quite a few ... 20 perhaps. There used to be a guy that liked using Mole Man and co. He'd field all of them, if he could (some of it depended upon Army build totals and what Start Zone rules we were using). Come to think of it, one of the favorite ways to use the Moloids was for the Invasion Plot.

This reminds me that I really need to go finish that Mole Monster mod one of these days.
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Promotable Material

Re: Hellfire Mods - Spider-Man, Giganto, Flash, Eternity & M

I had some time this weekend to do some modding and churned out a few ... Some were started a long time ago and I finally got around to wrapping them up for the time being. Others were started last night and finished this morning. All the designs could use a good wash but I probably won't get to that for a bit.

So to prove I'm still alive and scaping, here they are.

Aluminum foil was used to shape the rocks. I then plastered the foil with wet paper towels before painting it with elmer's glue. After letting the glue dry over night, I spray painted the rock black before adding the gray. Cheap and relatively simple.

Eternity was originally a 12-inch Silver Surfer action figure before being glued and painted. Unfortunately, my painting skills score a big "meh" on the Hellfire grading scale (I suppose I can't blame anyone but myself though) Perhaps Jackson Pollock would be proud ... ... I'm not sure if I'll ever use this guy ... I suppose I need to come up with a card design first.

Blue Lantern Flash is just a repaint of a Flash Heroclix figure. He turned out alright. Now if the design by Aggressive Sock ever happens I'll add him to some awesome War of Light battles.

This is the Alien Nest for my Xenomorph army. It turned out better than I was expecting. The pillars and nest were taken from the Horrorclix Alien Queen base (I used a small hacksaw). The base is just canvase board flocked with some small rocks from the DollarTree. The two eggs are also from the same Horrorclix base. I don't have any pics but I took off all the Alien Eggs from the Queen's base and rebased them as well. I haven't decided if I'll make a card for this or not.

Giganto, the Mole Monster was originally a 12-inch action figure as well (The Thing to be exact). The mouth, belly, eyes, back, claws, and head were all done with PlasticWeld. It took awhile to do the faux-sculpting but it worked out...I probably could've continued adding more weld actually but I was getting tired of it and as soon as I reached a point where I felt the modded proxy could adequately resemble the gigantic creature, I stopped and got on with the painting process, which included a lot of green . He also needs a card though before seeing any play.

Oh oops, that'd be my future Kid Omni-Man peeking around the corner there.

Spider-Man turned out rather well, I thought. The pillar is from another Heroclix figure (the Question, I think), and the Spider-Man was from a pack of Handful of Heroes. The extra appendages were done by twisting together a couple strands of brass wire. I then added some plasticweld for the joints before painting the figure red and gold.

I've got a number of other projects being cooked up including, Kid Omni-Man and Ego the Living Planet
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:20 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Blue Lantern looks pretty sweet, good job!

'SOTM INDEX
кактус джек
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Blue Lantern looks pretty sweet, good job!
Thanks NS.
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:31 PM
A Man of Taste

Those are Awesome...We love the Flash and Iron Spider. If you ever decided they aren't good enough for you and you decide to try again you can send your cast offs to me.
Old February 11th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Those are Awesome...We love the Flash and Iron Spider. If you ever decided they aren't good enough for you and you decide to try again you can send your cast offs to me.
Thanks Japes. It's good to see that some people like them.
Old February 12th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow. Some very cool mods Hellfire.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 12th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow. Some very cool mods Hellfire.
Thanks Tornado. ... glad you like them.
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:17 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

These are muy bueno!!!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations