Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Green Lantern (Alan Scott) - Playtesting

If that seems too clunky, we can always make it instead of taking a turn, but that would weaken him from what I tested.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 3rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It looks fine to me.
Old November 6th, 2014, 08:11 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Playtest in from b57123m:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b57123m
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Green Lantern (Alan Scott)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
.He felt very thematic. Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
.Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
.None that I am aware of. Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
.Might get tough if he gets any other bonuses from other units. Green Lantern (5 att) + Punching Glove (+2), + height (+1) + any other bonuses could be scary. That’s 8 already. Pass-ish

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
.It is clear that if the attacker has a power that is “Before attacking” that the Shield power takes place afterwards because of “Before defending”. Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
.Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
.Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
.Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
.Pass. I avoided trees but someone might toss you beside an evergreen as an interesting strategy. Cage was rarely used because I moved into battle first. Cage would seem to match his point cost a bit better if it negated an entire turn instead of just the movement part but that would change the power. Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

THE NAMES BESIDE THE ROUNDS ARE WHO WON INITIATIVE.
Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 280-300
- Give a brief overview. .Green Lantern was being very helpful but Gamora came in and swept most of GL’s team. GL whiffed on the roll even though he used his shield.

Map: Quasatch Playground
Units:

[700] Green Lantern [310], Omega Red [300], Multiple Man x 3 [90]
[710] Gamora [310], Speedball [150], Banshee [160], Vulture [90]
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have? .Army 2 : Gamora (5/5), Speedball (4/6), Vulture (4/4)

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? .Less than 300
- Give a brief overview. .I tried to use him as a heavy hitter and the Punching bag almost one shot Rocket Raccoon but the critter held on enough for his big tree friend to pulverize Alan Scott a few rounds later.

Map: Quasatch Playground
Units: .

Army 1 : Green Lantern (310), Doctor Strange (300), Wong (90)
Army 2 : Namor (250), Groot (275), Rocket Raccoon (175)
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have? .Namor (1/6), Groot (7/7)

Old November 9th, 2014, 04:36 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

from bsbush7690:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbush7690
Hey im sorry im getting this to you so late. I had a family stuff going on so games werent high on my to do list. But i wanted to make sure it got done for you guys.

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Green Lantern)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, he has very unique powers.
- What should be the unit's point value? 300-310
- Give a brief overview. I really liked using him, he has a unique feel and I personal think they did a great job making him different in his own way than the normal lanterns.
Map: Custom
Units: Green Lantern 310, Black Canary 190, Doctor Fate 290, Mr. Terrific 160, Atom 50 1000 pts Vs Soloman Grundy 290, Black Adam 380, Gentleman Ghost 165, Icicle 150, Rat Swarm 10, 995 pts

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes, he has a lot of different uses
- What should be the unit's point value? 310
- Give a brief overview. I think he is a very solid unit. He can help stall figures and is a power house.
Map: Custom (Lots of height changes and trees everywhere.)
Units: Team 1 Green Lantern 310, Captain Marvel 360, Dr. Fate 290, Mr. Terrific 160, Speedy 80 1200 pts Vs Team 2 Nite Owl 130, Comedian 160, Rorschach 140, Ozymandias 200, Silk Spectre 100, Dr. Mannhatten 470 1200 pts

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 9th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Couple of solid wins there. He'll need some tweaks if that keeps up.

CRB guys, any worrisome combos with the current design that we should be on the lookout for?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 7th, 2014, 11:24 PM

LordVenoc had these questions, & I wanted to make sure that it follows everybody elses interpretation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc
The exact wording of Ring Recharge has me questioning, so I want to clarify: I assume this power would remove the ability to take a turn with a Green Construct? It also appears that he can't fly if he wants to recharge. Is that also true?
I answered Yes to both do you all concur?

@IAmBatman , does this conflict with your intent?
Old December 8th, 2014, 12:25 AM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

I concur. The wording does not allow for the use of any special power besides Ring Recharge.
Old December 8th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think that sounds thematically correct, so if the mechanics work that way, I'm happy. Might want some of the more in-depth mechanical minds to check over how exactly that interacts with the text on the Green Constructs, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 21st, 2014, 10:39 PM

Playtest from Aggressive Sock:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT: Green Lantern (Alan Scott)

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass, though I was a bit disappointed with him, personally. The First Aid Kit issue comes to mind. If I am in battle, unless I can get away(his move doesn't warrant a great escape), I'm essentially stuck to either fighting without the aid of my abilities, or I sacrifice a turn in hopes of surviving another turn to use said powers. In a close match, I find this to be a risk you likely won't want to take. So you just keep fighting and hope you come out the winner, and then you go and try and recharge. But with a life of 4 and a defense of 5, that can prove difficult, especially with his weakness in mind. Currently, I love the theme of this card, but I do not like his point level when taking this all into account. I do not feel he will live up to his point value, and when you compare him to his peers, 310 just seems off the mark. Other lanterns are moving further, hitting harder, defending better(with insurance), an additional ability to boot, and without a weakness. So it makes him fall a bit short. Could he potentially outlast them, and still have his abilities longer? Sure, but I don't think his chances are great given his need to get out of dodge and recharge on top of all his shortcomings in comparison. Green Lanterns are my favorite synergy, I'd like to see more from him, or his points lowered by 30-40.

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Army Test 1

Does it pass, Yes or No?
-Yes
What should be the unit's point value?
-270-290
Damage:
-All wounds on Karate Kid.
Power Effectiveness:
-It's difficult to recharge, burning a turn is too much when the next attack could kill him, so he needs to be able to keep pressure on as well.
Give a brief overview:
-Both teams came out swinging. Green Lantern struggled due to him not being able to recharge well in the heat of battle, so he fell early. After both teams fought it out in the middle, it came to a close finish but GL's team won.
Map: Chernobyl(No Superstrength, Glyphs, or Destructible Objects)
Units:
Alan Scott, Captain America, Emma Frost, Azrael, Oracle (1000)
vs.
Cosmic Boy, Bouncing Boy, Chameleon Boy, Karate Kid, Brainiac 5 (980)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2

Does it pass, Yes or No?
-Yes
What should be the unit's point value?
-270-290
Damage:
-2 wounds on Wrecker.
2 wounds on Oracle.

Power Effectiveness:
-N/A
Give a brief overview:
-Indigo teleports her team right off the bat, to the opponent's base. So it's a quick and close battle right off the bat. The Wrecking Crew prove to be too powerful for GL and his army however, as they do what they do, and that's wreck. GL couldn't get away to recharge, or risk a turn just to recharge. They eventually met their downfall.
Map: Chernobyl(No Superstrength, Glyphs, or Destructible Objects)
Units:
Alan Scott, Indigo-1, Saint Walker, Decoy, Shield (1000)
vs.
Wrecking Crew, Wizard, Oracle (1010)

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 22nd, 2014, 08:27 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, he played him against a couple of very tough, synergistic teams, and on a map with a lot of jungle pieces, so I would expect that he wouldn't quite live up to his value. He's going to do better if you play him with Green Constructs like the Shield and/or Decoy to give him more time, or some of the offensive Constructs to give him other attacking options. You can also play him in M. Marvel builds and tag team with another figure, or use Hawkeye (II) to try and pull him out of tough situations and allow him to recharge.

Still, with the results we have, and comparing him to other 310 figures, maybe knock him down to 300 and look for some more tests?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yeah, 310 seems a little high, but I agree that Sock was putting him in some games where he was sort of doomed to fail.

If Recharge was coming in too weak, we could always switch it so that when he uses it you get all the markers back (I also would't mind seeing it switched to instead of taking a turn to avoid some messy/odd interactions, but that just makes it weaker).

EDIT: After thinking about it a little more, I really don't like the current version of Ring Recharge. It's a little confusing the first time you read it, and I think it'll lead to us needing to make a lot of FAQs. Personally, I think it'd just be cleanest and most useful if we switched it to this:

Quote:
RING RECHARGE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Green Lantern, you may place all previously removed markers from the Green Power Ring special power back on this card.
By making it instead of taking a turn, it removes the odd interactions with glyphs and the Constructs (though he can still create a Construct on a turn he uses it, but that's clear when you compare the two powers and not an issue in my opinion).

My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Viegon; December 22nd, 2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
RING RECHARGE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Green Lantern, you may place all previously removed markers from the Green Power Ring special power back on this card.
By making it instead of taking a turn, it removes the odd interactions with glyphs and the Constructs (though he can still create a Construct on a turn he uses it, but that's clear when you compare the two powers and not an issue in my opinion).

My .
It is cleaner, but by returning all markers you are making him a lot more powerful & his cost will definitely go up not down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library