Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
The knights are very fun, although I find myself using Gilbert's power more on them then the Mass when I have them in the same army. Their base move of 4 just doesn't hack it for a melee squad - they'll get shot up on the way in. However, what I like most about this army is Charos creating a diversion for the Mass and Knights to get into place. It should work well..... not the like army I'm about to post......

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:50 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Well, I've made armies in here for Taelord and Acolarh (2 expensive, underused figures) so I might as well go for the gusto....

Spartacus - 200
Crixus - 90
Laglor - 110
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Microcorp Agents - 100

Total = 600

Laglor and the Krav attempt to force your opponent to come to you. Then you drop your markers on the glads and make them pay. It would probably work better with Raelin and the EI x2 instead of Glads and Micros, but I digress.... on a less serious note:

Spartacus - 200
Crixus - 90
Retiarius - 90
Marro Warriors - 50
Rats x 4 - 160

Total = 590

Rats move out first and clog the board. After that, all of your order markers can go on the gladiators, and you run through the tied up figures and hack them down one by one. The Marros clean up once the opposition is thinned out, so they can spread out and fire or clone.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:43 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Spartacus - 200
Crixus - 90
Retiarius - 90
Marro Warriors - 50
Rats x 4 - 160

Total = 590

That's not a bad idea for using old Sparty. Another way I use him is to draft Raelin and Thorgrim. Move them up the first round to position where the brunt of the battle will take place. The second and third round use all your markers on the gladiators and start mopping up whoever's attacking Raelin and Thorgrim by now. Kind of use Raelin and Thorgrim as bait. If you can get Raelin to high ground and have Thorgrim next to her, she can last a while with 5 Def. I've used it a couple of times with decent success.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!
600 Point Armies.

Fragile.Army

1xTaelord - 180
1xRaelin - 260
1xLaglor - 370
1xKrav - 470
1xNakita Agents - 590

A range alternative. The basic idea is that with 8/9 range and 3 attacks of 4 dice every turn it becomes difficult for any units to get close. Raelin with Nakita Agents give a massive amount of protection.
Auto losses: Braxus

Dragons.army
1xBraxus - 210
1xNilfheim - 395
1xRaelin - 475
1xNakita Agents

Blah, blah move Raelin early, keep dragons high and hopefully with Raelin. Death from above.

MoveItMoveIt.army
1xSaylind - 80
1xQ9 - 260
1xRaelin - 340
1xKrug - 460
2xArrow Gruts
2xSwog Rider

A pretty messy army. Use Saylind to get slow movers like Q9/Krug into high positions. The gruts/swogs are just for filler really and allow your turns with Krug to be a little more productive.

Grenade lobbyist
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Let's try another expensive figure...

Hamatoro Taro (spelling?) - 130
Tagawa Samurai / Kaemon Awa - 120
Izumi Samurai - 60
Laglor - 110
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Raelin - 80

Total = 600

This looks like a scary army to me, though I've never tried it. The early order markers are used to position your army at a distance, then use the Krav with 9 range and 5 defense + Stealth Dodge to do all of the attacking. This will make the enemy close in to kill you since the Krav are very tough to take down from range, allowing you to engage with the Taro/Raelin protected samurai. I'm not sure whether Tagawa or Kaemon would be better - i suppose it's personal preference. What do you think?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattserTruckRally
600 Point Armies.

Fragile.Army

1xTaelord - 180
1xRaelin - 260
1xLaglor - 370
1xKrav - 470
1xNakita Agents - 590

A range alternative. The basic idea is that with 8/9 range and 3 attacks of 4 dice every turn it becomes difficult for any units to get close. Raelin with Nakita Agents give a massive amount of protection.
Auto losses: Braxus
I'm not sure Braxas is an auto-loss - her low defense will be problematic for her, and she will get shot a lot by 4 dice on the way in.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:51 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Defensive Master
Raelin - 80
Crixus - 90
Sentinels x 2 -220
KMA - 100
WoA x 2 - 100
total - 590

They all excel at defense and with Raelin, even more. The only thing really lacking is synergy.

Old May 19th, 2007, 07:11 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Nice army, but I might drop the WoA for another squad of Sentinels. In an army that range lacking, the WoA would be slaughtered.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:00 PM

I guess that could work. I was thinking that the KMA would move up first and take out any of the opponents ranged units and then when your opponent tries to move up to engage the Krav, you would move up your WoA to engage them. But sentinels could work a lot better if the KMA doesn't eliminate all the ranged foes.

Old May 19th, 2007, 11:29 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
2xMinions
Taelord
2xsnipers

Double them extra skulls and some half-azz utgar bonding

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 20th, 2007, 12:47 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
syvaris
airborne
omnicron
ded
venoc vipers
theracus
concan
knights
Old May 20th, 2007, 12:57 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
syvaris
airborne
omnicron
ded
venoc vipers
theracus
concan
knights
I can play this game too.

taelord
kee-mo-shi
runa
eldgrim
guily mccreech
ninjas of the northern wind

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion