Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Competitive armies containing the Iron Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon master View Post

Iron Golem 100
Sonlen 260
DeathStalkers 360
Nakita agents 480
Fire elemental 510
The golem with Sonlen and Nakitas is not bad. I don't like the deathstalkers here and 1 fire elemental isn't going to do much. I would use those 130 remaining points differently. There are lots of good 120 point options + Isamu as well as 110 point options + Marcu. I would probably go with a Hydra here as a heal from Sonlen could make a big difference. Kaemon Awasome is a good choice too as you get a nice special attack and he'd have some protection if he hangs out near the Nakitas.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM

dragon master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Iron Golem- What's your army idea?

Hmmm.....

What the heck!? That thing I just posted was suposed to be a new thread!Why is it in here????????

Anyways, the Hydra does sound like a good idea,but I don't like his low life.I don't ussally use hydra unless I can use kelda.Still I could try it. what about mimring? My friends and I mostly do 530 points, so I have the points.What do you think?
Old August 14th, 2010, 09:28 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Quote:

Iron Golem 100
Sonlen 260
DeathStalkers 360
Nakita agents 480
Fire elemental 510
The golem with Sonlen and Nakitas is not bad. I don't like the deathstalkers here and 1 fire elemental isn't going to do much. I would use those 130 remaining points differently. There are lots of good 120 point options + Isamu as well as 110 point options + Marcu. I would probably go with a Hydra here as a heal from Sonlen could make a big difference. Kaemon Awasome is a good choice too as you get a nice special attack and he'd have some protection if he hangs out near the Nakitas.
I agree, there are a lot better options out there (and I personally think people are a little too hyped up over these fire elementals...). Even Sharwin would make a decent addition to further help out with squad cleanup, freeing the IG.

EDIT:

I was kinda looking at this army, but dont really feel like darrack belongs...

Darrack 60
Major x17 160
x4 Stingers 400
x1 IG 500
16 hex.

Darrack and IG kinda do the same thing...

EDIT #2: I just played with this army, and really like it!

x1 IG 100
x4 Stingers 340
Sonlen 500
15 hexes.

Stingers acted as a GREAT distraction for Awasome, as he gave IG 1 wound, then Sonlen healed him. Sonlen also took down the attempted PK screen with Dragon Swoop, and the Stingers just cornered units like Dund and Syvarris, and IG took them down with Sonlen following behind. EASY win!

Last edited by aquamaniac27; August 14th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Quote:

Iron Golem 100
Sonlen 260
DeathStalkers 360
Nakita agents 480
Fire elemental 510
I agree, there are a lot better options out there (and I personally think people are a little too hyped up over these fire elementals...). Even Sharwin would make a decent addition to further help out with squad cleanup, freeing the IG.

EDIT:

I was kinda looking at this army, but dont really feel like darrack belongs...

Darrack 60
Major x17 160
x4 Stingers 400
x1 IG 500
16 hex.

Darrack and IG kinda do the same thing...

EDIT #2: I just played with this army, and really like it!

x1 IG 100
x4 Stingers 340
Sonlen 500
15 hexes.

Stingers acted as a GREAT distraction for Awasome, as he gave IG 1 wound, then Sonlen healed him. Sonlen also took down the attempted PK screen with Dragon Swoop, and the Stingers just cornered units like Dund and Syvarris, and IG took them down with Sonlen following behind. EASY win!
I like Sonlen/IG in this build for RI Rampage . . .

160 Sonlen
155 Wyrmlings x 5 (1 Blue)
140 Phantom Knights x 2
100 IG

160 Sonlen
140 PKs x 2
100 Mindflayer or Syvarris
100 IG
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Dunno if this has been discussed yet, so here we go:
Kurrok- 120
Fire Elementals x6 -300
Iron Golems x2 -500, 9 hexes
While this army isn't particularly large, two Iron Golems advancing on your 4th/10th serves as a great distraction for Kurrok to bring in that firestorm everybody was so afraid of when he was previewed. Golems tie em down, Elementals rip em up. Game.
Of course, I'm also completely wrong.
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM

dragon master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

??????
Old August 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Dunno if this has been discussed yet, so here we go:
Kurrok- 120
Fire Elementals x6 -300
Iron Golems x2 -500, 9 hexes
While this army isn't particularly large, two Iron Golems advancing on your 4th/10th serves as a great distraction for Kurrok to bring in that firestorm everybody was so afraid of when he was previewed. Golems tie em down, Elementals rip em up. Game.
Of course, I'm also completely wrong.
Fire Elementals are 35 Point per, which makes that army 530 Points.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:10 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

180 Q9
140 Eltahale
100 Iron Golem
80 Deathreavers x 2
500, 15 spaces

Toying with this army for Islandscape. Eltahale can splash two additional figures with Thunder Ram Assault when attacking the Iron Golem.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion