Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:11 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

I'd like to announce a project that I've been working on for the last few months: I've acquired, and been developing, the website Heroscape.org. My intention/goal is for this website to be a source for various software tools that I'm developing to compliment Heroscape tournaments & games.

Currently, there are 6 separate tools on this site:
1) Autoload Builder - shows point/hex/figure counts for an army
2) Army Scoring - calculates partial card scoring for 2 armies
3) Damage Calculator - calculates probability of each possible amount of damage from a given attack
4) Maps - lists maps I've entered with some info on each map
5) Tournaments - manages sign-up, pairings, game result submission, and public standings for an individual tournament
6) Conventions - manages registration for conventions and the tournaments at a convention

All tools are being developed to support both Classic & VC figures and Standard & Delta pricing.

Information on individual tools is now located on heroscape.org directly, on the 'about' pages: https://heroscape.org/about

Thanks to
@OEAO & @Dysole for their help with feature planning and tournament logistics knowledge.
@vegietarian18 & @dok for their help designing the Builder and their continued work on Delta pricing.
Everyone who helped do the initial Beta test yesterday at the New England tournament in Springfield, MA.

I intent to update the below post with more specifics regarding planned enhancements and bug fixes over the next few weeks.

I'll consider any proposals for additional tools or features for existing tools, but may opt not to develop them depending on a ton of factors.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 18th, 2023 at 12:39 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:13 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Version History
VersionRelease DateNotes
0.1.010/1/2022Private Beta Testing
0.2.010/2/2022Open Beta Testing (Fixed B1, B2)
0.3.010/3/2022New Features & Bug Fixes (Added E1, E2)
0.4.010/4/2022New Features & Bug Fixes (Added E3, Fixed B4)
0.5.010/5/2022Added New Tool : Damage Calculator
0.6.010/11/2022New Features & Bug Fixes (Added E4, Fixed B7)
0.7.010/16/2022New Feature (Added E24)
0.8.010/20/2022New Feature (Added E11)
0.9.010/28/2022New Feature (Added E22)
0.10.011/4/2022New Features & Bug Fixes (Added E5, E6, E7, E8, E9, E17, E21, Fixed B5)
0.11.011/7/2022New Feature (Added E15)
0.12.011/10/2022New Features (Added E18 & E19)
0.12.112/12/2022Bug Fixes (Fixed B8 & B9 [I hope ...])
1.0.04/24/2023Removed Beta Label

Enhancement Plans & Requests
E10 : C3G Support
E20 : Fully support team formats
E25 : ELO-type ranking (likely w/in leagues, seasons, conventions, and overall)
E26 : Private Tournaments
E27 : Cancel a Tournament (with notification)
E28 : Army name (optionally) for each army
E28 : Create admins for Leagues/Seasons
E29 : Let tournament creator pick Season for Tournament
E30 : Let tournament admin set other admins
E31 : Button to 'End Tournament' (to solve date/time issues for 'ending')
Completed:
Spoiler Alert!

Decided Against (for now, at least, barring further suggestion or help from others):
Spoiler Alert!

Format Support
F1 : Ban List of Figures
F2 : Restricted List of Figures
F3 : General Wars
F4 : Assassin's Creed

Bug Reports
B3 : Autoload Builder - Long Figure Box Jumps the Page
B10 : Advancing to next round failed when a player was dropped mid-round (button to start next round was missing)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 18th, 2023 at 01:04 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:55 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Good stuff! Looking forward to using it.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 07:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Can a tournament admin submit game results? I don't want to rely on players submitting their own results.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 2nd, 2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Can a tournament admin submit game results? I don't want to rely on players submitting their own results.
Not yet, but that feature will exist before the beta test label is removed.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 08:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
I think that will be a requirement before I can use the site/app. I can't rely on 100% of my players to reliably post their results each round, unfortunately.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 2nd, 2022, 11:13 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

so dope! Love this!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 4th, 2022, 07:52 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Super hyped on this! I was going to create the Louisville events on here but @Viideosayg or @NecroBlade would one of you want to instead since you guys are the ones running the tourney?
Old October 4th, 2022, 05:41 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Great stuff! Keep up the good work!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 7th, 2022, 05:54 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Love this! Will run at SoCal NHSD in a week.
Old October 16th, 2022, 08:56 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

This is amazing.
Old October 17th, 2022, 10:26 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
I think that will be a requirement before I can use the site/app. I can't rely on 100% of my players to reliably post their results each round, unfortunately.
It's pretty typical in sports, like golf, for players to be able to report their own results. If something gets messed up, which I've seen in disc golf, the tournament director can adjust a score after the fact.

Chris, I think that setup (player input; gm override) might be the most TD-friendly way it could work.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software