Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 4th, 2011, 07:26 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Documentary about Heroscape

I have a large group of 3 to 5 people that play Heroscape every week. It's a weekly game night that I have had going for close to 5 years. We might be able to help you.

We also play C3G Heroscape. It is fanmade custom project based off the DC and Marvel Universes, and is designed by members of the C3G project.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old October 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM

hosj is surprisingly tart

WOW this sounds.....

to good to be true.
Old October 13th, 2011, 02:33 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
First of all I can't tell you how excited I am about this project. It's a great idea, and personally I would love to know what actually caused the death of heroscape.

But about mass appeal, yea, I gotta agree with lefton4ya here. You could choose several really high quality games and discuss how and why each one of them failed. If I remember correctly there was a famous board game reviewer (no I don't remember his name, but I think he was a minister from Texas or some such thing) who's favorite board game was out of production, and his third favorite (Heroscape) is now out of production.

Focusing on several top reviewed and very different board games might make it an interesting piece about the market, and why board games fail in general.

But heh, I'm not a movie maker so I'm sure you know better than me.
Tom Vassal of the Dice Tower, probably the most famous board game reviewer, likes Heroscape. He might be a good one to interview for some non community perspective.

If you do do the doco, remember Heroscape very much is international, and the lengths some international folk go to to be involved is simply amazing (or frightening according to the spouses).

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old October 14th, 2011, 08:12 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Heroscape is a unique game product. Here in NYC our group is made up of older players who know all aspects of the gaming hobby world, and chose Scape from all the others from its beginning as something worth our time and money! Today two of our Gang of Four participate in the C3V Inner Sanctum. The game is a true gateway to creativity and community in many, many ways.

As a retired Training Director who has scripted and hosted his own training videos, I'd be happy to advise on the most important aspects to cover, look over your script, etc. PM me if I can do anything for you, and good luck.

Don't forget, after you succeed, to pitch the feature film with big stars and lots of money for you and Hasbro! Hey, it could happen!

Last edited by chas; October 14th, 2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:03 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

So, has this been scrapped or is it still in progress? There has not been an update in half a year.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:15 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post

So, has this been scrapped or is it still in progress? There has not been an update in half a year.
I'm guessing not.
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:16 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
Quote:

I'm guessing not.
I was filmed at the National Heroscape Event they went to in Southern California, I haven't heard from them since.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm guessing not.
I was filmed at the National Heroscape Event they went to in Southern California, I haven't heard from them since.
That's... potentially interesting. Haha....
Old April 6th, 2015, 03:19 PM

fuzzyfoot is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm guessing not.
Went through a lot of issues, including friends leaving town and country due to legal issues and whatnot. I still have all that footage from that day good sir, and we are finally in a position to start discussing bringing the project back. Can't guarantee anything, but the project isn't dead, just back burnered.

Last Match Highlight:

3 Player Castle where Major Q9 obliterates the Castle Door allowing squads of Blastatrons and Gladiatrons to pour in on the now outnumbered 10th Regiment!
Old April 19th, 2015, 05:20 AM

IndustrialOkie Woo who?

Kickstarter.com

Good, bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Old April 19th, 2015, 08:12 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

I would totally pledge in support of this.

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old April 25th, 2015, 12:32 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

I could see a doc about the rise of board games in general over the last 15 or so years, but to have it focus on Heroscape doesn't' seem like it would draw the most interest. It would be a great game to feature, but there's just so many other games out there. Why a documentary hasn't been done yet on the topic, I have no idea. I've only seen one doc on a board game, and that's one based on Scrabble (and is very good, IMO). That's about it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion