Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 14th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhall Head Quarter.

OK, thanks all for your inputs. We have enough figures for the first session. I'll open a vote tomorrow so we can choose the first figure to work on !
Nevermind, you have more time to read this and submit figures ! You can thanks Serenity

Last edited by Lyrgard; December 15th, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
I don't own the green and purple Mech, but I recall C3V wasn't going to use it because it's ugly. Could someone who owns the mini please drop by and tell us if this mini looks good enough to use?
I own it, and I think it looks absolutely great! I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise. Though I was aware of that being the reason for C3V electing not to use it, I honestly don't see it. I can personally guarantee it doesn't look as garish in person as it does in the photo'.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think you should allow more than a day for miniature input. What's the rush? Some people might not have even seen the thread yet.

I own the green and purple Mech and thing it is pretty cheap looking. It looks more plasticky than most of the rest of the set.

My vote would go towards reusing miniatures used by C3G, but with new and appropriate cards and powers. All those who have the figures for C3G don't need to buy new ones. Those who bought them for SOV (if approved) could use them for C3G as well.

- Rat Swarm - Necromancy + Reanimation +? Similar to Skeletons of Annellintia. It is thematic for vampires to direct swarms of rats.

- 5th Precinct Beat Cops - With all the military groups represented, why not some old-fashioned cops pulled out of tim?
- Street Thugs - If we have cops, how about some criminals too?

Amazon Warriors - These seem like a missing demographic

Science Police - Looked like a Nakita Leader to me
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I own the green and purple Mech and thing it is pretty cheap looking. It looks more plasticky than most of the rest of the set.

My vote would go towards reusing miniatures used by C3G, but with new and appropriate cards and powers. All those who have the figures for C3G don't need to buy new ones. Those who bought them for SOV (if approved) could use them for C3G as well.

- Rat Swarm - Necromancy + Reanimation +? Similar to Skeletons of Annellintia. It is thematic for vampires to direct swarms of rats.

- 5th Precinct Beat Cops - With all the military groups represented, why not some old-fashioned cops pulled out of tim?
- Street Thugs - If we have cops, how about some criminals too?

Amazon Warriors - These seem like a missing demographic

Science Police - Looked like a Nakita Leader to me
I'd personally be against that - I often mix and I prefer not to have figures do double duty.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With the Rat Swarm at least, there are different variety of miniature. So, the official mini could be different than the C3G one, but allow the C3G as an option possibly.
Old December 14th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
With the Rat Swarm at least, there are different variety of miniature. So, the official mini could be different than the C3G one, but allow the C3G as an option possibly.
Now that is a good idea, plus rep. Out of curiosity, what is it about the green and purple mech that you think looks cheap? I have mine in my hands now and it still looks great to me.

EDIT: Okay, I see now you've given your reason, but what exactly do you mean by plasticky?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 14th, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old December 14th, 2013, 08:03 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Btw, the Amazon Warrior sculpts are being used:
C3V Miniature Announcement #68

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
That's cool, I have a contingency plan for these situations - reapaint the figure! It's what I did with Tokanto.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 14th, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:16 AM

As far as the Mech, I think it's mostly the shoulder fins that look pretty lame and plasticky to me. Though the glossy green and flat green don't really go together and the purple is quite muted and drab. This is just my point of view, of course. But, I would normally much rather use something I already own than pay more money elsewhere and this figure is making me feel otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
That's great, thanks for catching that ZBeeblebrox. I'm not sure how I missed it. Of course, this means that there is already precedent for miniatures being used by both C3V and C3G, so I think other appropriate miniatures (perhaps the others I listed) should be considered.
Old December 15th, 2013, 04:15 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I think you should allow more than a day for miniature input. What's the rush? Some people might not have even seen the thread yet.
You are right. Submission are still open, at least until monday. If less than 5 figure are submited, a direct vote will be done to choose the one to work on.
If more than 5 are submited, a first vote will select the prefered 3, and a second vote will allow to choose one from those 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Figure

It is the Rifleman from the mechwarrior solaris vii heavy class action pack (the green and purple one at the top).

Availability
Availability is low but anyone who has Deathcommander will already have this guy.
I don'y have opinion on this figure, but the availability would be a problem, I think. It is really hard to find those mecha nowaday, and we wouldn't want that only thoses that bought the pack in the past can have this figure.
It is just my opinion. I ask the opinion of the community on this one.
We already know that L_O is for using that figure, and Serenity has mixed feeling. What do you think ?
Old December 15th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hard as ice

I feel as though the drab purple fits in nicely with the whole Meridian resistance theme I posted. I can see what you mean about the green though I personally don't have a problem with it. If you really have trouble with some of the green, a simple re-paint of those areas should probably fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Figure

It is the Rifleman from the mechwarrior solaris vii heavy class action pack (the green and purple one at the top).

Availability
Availability is low but anyone who has Deathcommander will already have this guy.
I don'y have opinion on this figure, but the availability would be a problem, I think. It is really hard to find those mecha nowaday, and we wouldn't want that only thoses that bought the pack in the past can have this figure.
It is just my opinion. I ask the opinion of the community on this one.
We already know that L_O is for using that figure, and Serenity has mixed feeling. What do you think ?

Well, I have been able to find a few on eBay, so those who don't have that set should be able to get it, plus they'd get Deathcommander into the bargain, plus C3V has said that they're committed to using some of the figures in that set (though not this one) and one of those other figures is already confirmed for another unit. Also, you might just be able to pic one up loose, or a least one of a similar sculpt.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 15th, 2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Changed 'ares' to 'areas'. I do not suggest you paint the Greek God of War to improve your mech. :)
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

If I may, here's an interesting fellow.

BCoV Submission : session 1

Figure
Gug, from the Pathfinder Battles, Shattered Star Set:

Size comparison w/Elaria & Myrrdin:

Availability
MiniatureMarket: 24
CoolstuffInc: 24 (listed as 12+, but shopping cart allows 24)
Troll&Toad: 6
Ebay sellers:
- kingsoflight: 4
- avengersrule2002: 10+
- jamestp365: 8
- brapsmagic: 4

Typically runs for $4-$6.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards