Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old November 13th, 2006, 12:56 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Krug's a pretty good counter to Q9. Even though Krug only has a movement of five, he should be able to hunt down the major before too long. If you try an Arrow Grut beast bonding army, Q9 won't be a problem at all.
Old November 13th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The last tourney I played in, I ran up againsy Q9 several times. My romans were always able to come up on top every time. I usually shot him down with Krav and Me Burq Sa while engaging with Romans.
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I like using him as a door buster. He's the best in the game at a castle siege I think. Add Laglor and it gets even better.
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
GB, was that ever an official thing? If Q9 is used in tournaments, is that shoulder pad thing to be enforced? I agree he is a beast but I have seen him taken down just as easily as anything else, get agent carr beside him or let the air born elite have him from height. He doesnt last long.
And remember, not only do his shoulder pads block, officially, but he also can only "see" forward. If you're standing behind him he can't shoot at you. He's the only character with an official "facing" rule.

Yes, Q9 can whiff and go down big, esp. if you play him poorely and don't take advantage of his range.

But assuming good game play, if there is any power creep in HS, I believe Q9 would be the most likely suspect.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
And remember, not only do his shoulder pads block, officially, but he also can only "see" forward. If you're standing behind him he can't shoot at you. He's the only character with an official "facing" rule.
Can you link this? I hadn't heard facing EVER applied.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
It's not officially called "facing" but that's in effect what it is. If Q9 can only see forward then his facing matters. I suppose technically what's happening is that his chassy is blocking his LOS, which sticks out the front of his chest . . . .

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Still... do you have a link?

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Don't have a link. Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? GB? Nether?

But I know it's an official ruling from Hasboro and for some reason I believe it was posted here before. And caused the flap that GB said.

Old November 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
I've seen the figure but still think it rediculous to rule he blocks his own LOS. That is absurd to me. Even if I saw it in writing. That would mean you would/should rule same for many of the dragons! Their wings block LOS.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:19 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow
I've seen the figure but still think it rediculous to rule he blocks his own LOS. That is absurd to me. Even if I saw it in writing. That would mean you would/should rule same for many of the dragons! Their wings block LOS.
It is true of the dragons actually. Their own body can block their LOS. The dragons are (for some odd reason) able to use their horns as LOS points. It's another odd ruling, but I wager it's merely supposed to simulate their ability to move those incredibly long necks. The real difference between Q9 and nearly every other figure is that his LOS point is in the center of his chest instead of on top of his body.

Pulled from the FAQ here on Heroscapers:

Quote:
Can Mimring block his own LOS? If he can't, then how can you determine LOS if he is blocking it. BTW: This is possible.
Official Ruling: When determining LOS for Mimring's FIRE LINE SPECIAL ATTACK and firing to the direct rear, you may use the tip of either long horn on his head as a targeting point. I know this is not in the rules. It will be eventually fixed, and in the rules. All parts of his body block LOS.
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:34 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow
I've seen the figure but still think it rediculous to rule he blocks his own LOS. That is absurd to me.
It IS what balances him..... that and the 1 movement point to turn around a large based figure.

If you follow these two official rules Q9 is relativly easy to take down.

Pilgrim is correct on the "facing" ruling too. It was ruled as such by the "judge" at the RI tourny......

Old November 13th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
The last tourney I played in, I ran up againsy Q9 several times. My romans were always able to come up on top every time.
I recall my Legos doing pretty good against Q9 on the Meat Grinder scenario. I tried sending Wulsinu into the pit to mine for crystals and sent some Legos around the rim to engage Q9. They held their own, but luckily they didn't have to travel too far to engage him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles