Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 7th, 2012, 10:58 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V Public Announcements - Wave 15 Teaser #5 -- 4/06/12

I'm a little disappointed that Elaria fights for Utgar, but I guess she does bear his colors. I'm curious about how Arashara Goshiri will "shift the tides of battle."

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; April 7th, 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: I don't tend to get excited about Utgar, in general.
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'm curious about how Arashara Goshiri will "shift the tides of battle."
Here's how:
Spoiler Alert!

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Once again veering off the main thrust of the conversation, I noticed that the gargoyles from the ram box are not listed in the public minis thread. Have you guys just not thought of what to do with them, or is there another reason they're missing? (Or, even worse, did I scroll past them and they're really there, making this whole post just make me look stupid?)

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old April 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM

Jungle Acolyte is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Once again veering off the main thrust of the conversation, I noticed that the gargoyles from the ram box are not listed in the public minis thread. Have you guys just not thought of what to do with them, or is there another reason they're missing? (Or, even worse, did I scroll past them and they're really there, making this whole post just make me look stupid?)
My guess is that their sculpts are a bit unwieldy. They're difficult to even play Confrontation with, because they protrude off of their bases so much. They're also a bit unsteady. They look awesome, but in use they're my least favorite Rackham sculpt.
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Acolyte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
My guess is that their sculpts are a bit unwieldy. They're difficult to even play Confrontation with, because they protrude off of their bases so much. They're also a bit unsteady. They look awesome, but in use they're my least favorite Rackham sculpt.
I'll second that. In the Ram box they are not even attached to the bases to start with. Once you stick them into their bases they still fall over all the time. In general the Rackham figures are brittle, but they maybe the worst.
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

And I'll even THIRD that with a complaint about the brittleness of the "Confrontation" figures... I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into finding appropriate sculpts, designing stat cards, creating back stories, and play testing to assure "balance," but after acquiring the Rag'narok Wolven units, I am disappointed with the composition, since many weapons and limbs have fallen off before I've even had a chance to play with them.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I for one am a bit disappointed with the brittleness of the Confrontation miniatures, but it isn't a major problem. Just treat them with care, be careful taking them out of the box, and they'll last you a while. Funny how the most durable part of the figures (the base), is the part I need to remove/alter.
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
And I'll even THIRD that with a complaint about the brittleness of the "Confrontation" figures... I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into finding appropriate sculpts, designing stat cards, creating back stories, and play testing to assure "balance," but after acquiring the Rag'narok Wolven units, I am disappointed with the composition, since many weapons and limbs have fallen off before I've even had a chance to play with them.
Johngee, I told you not to play with them in the bathtub, didn't I?

Ours have held together fine, though they haven't seen much use yet. In & out of the box a few times, handled delicately.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:19 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

The more minis from other lines (D&D, Rackham, Reaper Legendary Encounters) I handle, the more I appreciate the quality of the original 'Scape figures.

Glad to know I started with the best, I guess.
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:25 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

We understand the Rackham Confrontation units are more fragile than other pre-painted minis...but when pre-painted miniatures are at a premium in this day and time...and we find a good supply of those figures for Scapers to purchase...we are going to use them, an just tell everyone to take extra precautions.

(ie, I kept all the large Army boxes, and took out the extras. Then use bubble wrap and the plastic inserts to keep my figures safe...so far it is working. I also use bubble wrap (which is inexpensive) for transport to tournaments.)

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:50 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

Johngee, I told you not to play with them in the bathtub, didn't I?
~~lol~~

I know, but I couldn't resist... it was Saturday night and I thought up a great scenario of the vestal she wolves quietly floating through the tiny bubbles to sneak up on the soulborgs encamped around the soap dish. The Glads and Blasts were cut to shreads before they could activate, but Q9 who was standing guard behind the shampoo bottle had the high ground and mowed down the doggish ladies until the elemental rinse cycle shorted out his circuitry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Ours have held together fine, though they haven't seen much use yet. In & out of the box a few times, handled delicately.
I'll try to be more careful. I was just voicing my disappointment with "brittle" miniatures in general hoping of persuading the C3V Team to consider alternatives before deciding upon more of this type for future units.

&obtw: Has anyone checked out the new line of collectible figures that are at Walmarts (etc.) for the "Hunger Games" movie. They are single item "blind" purchases (so you get a Cracker-Jack suprise in every box), that might provide a new character or two. I was the reading the promo text on the packaging last month when I spotted the display and got a laugh out of reading "...the blockbuster film..." when it had NOT even been released to the theaters yet. Great marketing hype.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
I was just voicing my disappointment with "brittle" miniatures in general hoping of persuading the C3V Team to consider alternatives before deciding upon more of this type for future units.
Trust me: we consider lots of alternatives. Pretty much every alternative, in fact. But there just aren't that many. So I wouldn't count on having seen the last of the Confrontation minis yet. Yes, they're a PITA--I have at least 3 cued up in the other room for regluing myself. But they're gorgeous, they're in reasonable supply, they're generally fairly cheap, and they offer lots of alternatives: i.e., some fantasy, some sci-fi, some historical, some horror, etc. There's no way we can ignore all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs