Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 24th, 2010, 08:10 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Velenne's Custom SuperHeroScape -4/20 Punisher page 12!

Well I've finally bought into this movement whole-hog! I purchased my first few Heroclix figures today for the express purpose of making a few of my own customs. Purchased were: Colossus, Sabretooth, Wolverine, Gambit, and Cable.

I'll use this first post as a display thread for the final versions once I've come up with them. It seems likely that as the C3G project ramps up to doing 'a la cart' some of these may become outmoded, but for now it should be a fun exercise.

A denotes the figure's stats and card have been finalized and the pic is included in the spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGSHOT
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Man
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Red
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM24 Sabretooth
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Wolverine
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Velenne; April 24th, 2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Velenne's Custom SuperHeroScape

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 24th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Me too!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Put me down for three!
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:16 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Darn! I wanted to be three!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:18 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Darn! I wanted to be three!
You can just be here.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:13 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow! Thanks for all the support! I'm very humbled and grateful to have some folks watching already.

I've got general ideas for the way I want each of these figures to go. I'm going to try to encapsulate their characters as best as possible while still making a unit that's fun and unique to Heroscape. Therein lies the challenge!

So I'll start with a character I know fairly well and already have worked out in my head:

Spoiler Alert!

Victor Creed might be a cold, vicious sociopath, but when it comes to battle his tactics are plainly straightforward. I want him to be simple but still quite menacing. The Frenzy/Healing combo allows him to stay up but his non-super defense and single attack keep him from stratospheric levels of power.

I thought limiting his ability to disengage would also lend itself to both Creed's single-minded straightforwardness and limiting the player's ability to minimize leaving engagement wounds via the Healing Frenzy. Committing Sabretooth to an enemy means really committing to it!

Finally, I wanted Frenzy to be a requirement so I made the change from 'may' to 'must' in the ability wording.

I think Creed would match up well with other brawlers in the 200-point range like SotM Drake, Captain America, Charos, or even Sujoah, but ranged figures would dominate him. His movement and 4D/5L are his liablity. Opponents who see Order Markers on him need to attack him hard and fast and that's the way it should be, thus a player who neglects his own Sabretooth might quickly find him mincemeat. In this way, having Sabretooth on your team can be real a liability.

Last edited by Velenne; February 25th, 2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Simple, elegant... that's what I'm talking about.

I'm not so sure about the "must" take a turn though. I mean, every aspect of a turn is voluntary anyway. You say I must take a turn so I say, "OK, in my turn, I chose not to move and not to attack. Now my turn is over so let me remove a wound marker and roll again for a 16." My point is, "must" take a turn doesn't really matter from "may" take a turn unless he has a another power that must be used each turn. As it stands, there's no reason not to take the extra turn but I hope you see what I mean.

Great start and keep them coming.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree with Mr. Helm on the may/must issue. I like the ideas here a lot. I think if I were doing this for C3G I'd want to see the Blood Frenzy move lowered and I'd probably have an idea for a third power to add on. But I really do like how the powers her encapsulate the character well. Good stuff.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old February 25th, 2010, 12:54 AM

Colossus

Spoiler Alert!

Piotr, like many comic units, has several 'must have' powers. I knew I needed to include all 3 of these abilities in some way but getting them to work together without being too wordy or needing a bunch of dice took some time.

From what I understand, Colossus doesn't just have metal skin. It's his whole body. So that why I called it Osmium Body. While in this form, he's nigh-invulnerable so I had to balance out his Defense dice with his double-shield ability, and still include other nifty demonstrations of his invulnerability. I'm very happy with this wording.

Combine that with Protector, and you've now got a true tank on your team. Tandros Kreel's ability (named for the corresponding D&D ability) is very well-worded and suffices for Piotr's personality in my opinion. Given how texty Fastball Special becomes, I want to keep Protector easy.

As for Fastball, it's evident to me by the various ways others have done this ability that it's tough to pull off. To make it simple and sensible, both Colossus and his 'Fastball' need to be unengaged. After that, you roll a dice and you've accomplshed your goal of moving a buddy into adjacency (usually with a shooter on a perch) without actually having to move them.

I don't think Defensive figures need high costs; Heroscape is a game of offense. Colossus packs a punch and has a little bit of utility so I'd put him in a category of Sonlen, Dupuis, or SuBakNa. His 4 life and 5 movement, combined with his extremely tough hide, color him as a slow, implacable foe who will do some damage once he's gotten to you. I'm pleased with that.

Last edited by Velenne; February 25th, 2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Simple, elegant... that's what I'm talking about.

I'm not so sure about the "must" take a turn though. I mean, every aspect of a turn is voluntary anyway. You say I must take a turn so I say, "OK, in my turn, I chose not to move and not to attack. Now my turn is over so let me remove a wound marker and roll again for a 16." My point is, "must" take a turn doesn't really matter from "may" take a turn unless he has a another power that must be used each turn. As it stands, there's no reason not to take the extra turn but I hope you see what I mean.

Great start and keep them coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I agree with Mr. Helm on the may/must issue. I like the ideas here a lot. I think if I were doing this for C3G I'd want to see the Blood Frenzy move lowered and I'd probably have an idea for a third power to add on. But I really do like how the powers her encapsulate the character well. Good stuff.
A good point. What if I added this to "Bloodlust":
Quote:
BLOODLUST
If there is at least one wound marker on this army card, Sabretooth may not attempt to leave engagement with an enemy figure and must attack a figure he is engaged with on his turn.
Since you're never 'engaged with' your own figures, you don't have to worry about friendly fire. I might consider changing 'engaged with' to 'adjacent to'...

Including "must" in the frenzy with this version of Bloodlust means that if Creed is wounded, you have to attack on your turn. Seems to fit the theme and address your point. What do you think?
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:14 AM

I really like how Healing Frenzy covers two major aspects of SABRETOOTH. That is a power that I wouldn't mind seeing on the C3G version of SABRETOOTH. I would probably want to lower the roll to 14 though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations