Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 29th, 2008, 12:00 AM

yari commander Woo who?
Re: Marro VS Orcs

ok i have orc champs and 1 squad of heavies i also have i set of SOTM so its eaither i buy there sets of heavies which is around 45$ or i can buy another SOTM which is bout 30$ but i dont no which would be more fun and is they reprint wave 1 the grunts wont be a prolem so i just want to no what is more fun

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.
Click it please
Old June 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Krug. I wanted to say "Marro" but then I remembered Krug.

Old June 29th, 2008, 01:01 AM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?

Hive+marro commons>Krug

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I like playing the gruts. I really do. Bonding with those big figures, like Mimring and Krug and Grimnak is a great way to play the game. But in a serious combat situation, I'll take a bunch of Marro Stingers (say six squads in a 500 point army or so) over any of the gruts, and Su-bak-na is a match for the other biggies, when supported by Stingers, I think.
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

If you can't access the early gruts and Krug, etc., than Marro may be the way to go. I love an Arrow Grut army (though Zelrig has put a hurt on these now!)--but you have to have Swogs, Krug, and Mimring to really make it work. I have played Grimnak armies, but they are limited without good range.

The Marro aren't my favorite units, but the Stingers, as Rev says, are unbelievably effective and the other options for the Marro can be quite fun (plus they are more accessible than Gruts, etc.). Buy them while they are available--watch to see when the Gruts start to appear again. My 2 cents.
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:16 AM

yari commander Woo who?

guys thanks for the replies i think ill buy another SOTM set and then when the grunts become avable i buy some of those but tht probably wont be a while so ill have plenty of time to play around with the marrow

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.
Click it please
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

Wait do you have RotV?

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM

yari commander Woo who?

ya i have waves 2-8 to and multbale sets of zombies and yari and harb

Click it please
Old June 30th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sell your soul if you have to. You must play lots and lots of Gruts!

Old June 30th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari commander View Post
multbale
That's got to be a farm word, right?
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Troubleman23 has disabled reputation

I still think if you had enough gruts, it would be a good face off, but the gruts would still win. Its definetely worth hunting down the gruts and tornak from wave 1. I was lucky to find 'em on the shelf at Target last year.

If you are interested in winning free stuff, please PM me, no joke, you know you want to!
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:43 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleman23 View Post
I still think if you had enough gruts, it would be a good face off, but the gruts would still win. Its definetely worth hunting down the gruts and tornak from wave 1. I was lucky to find 'em on the shelf at Target last year.
My friend has them, so I use those frequintly, but I don't have them. I'm stuck with heavies.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion