Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 23rd, 2018, 08:22 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I'd venture a wager that you both like Dr. Who. I think your Tennant love carried over and got carried away! Lol. Personally, not a Whovian, so not my cup of tea before. Really liked him in JJ Season 1, agree to disagree on Season 2.
Well I've never seen an episode of Dr. Who and only read one Free Comic Book Day comic of Dr. Who...so nope, but still liked Tennant's guest appearance in Season 2.

Is Tennant in Dr. Who?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 08:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Tennant is Tenth Doc.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 23rd, 2018, 08:49 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d also rec Broadchurch if anyone is looking for more of Tennant’s amazing acting. A small town murder mystery where Tennant plays the outsider detective. It’s also run by the guy who’s showrunnung Doctor Who this year.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:46 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I'd venture a wager that you both like Dr. Who. I think your Tennant love carried over and got carried away! Lol. Personally, not a Whovian, so not my cup of tea before. Really liked him in JJ Season 1, agree to disagree on Season 2.
Well I've never seen an episode of Dr. Who and only read one Free Comic Book Day comic of Dr. Who...so nope, but still liked Tennant's guest appearance in Season 2.

Is Tennant in Dr. Who?
If you ever want a taste of Doctor Who, a brilliant episode to just watch out of context is Blink. I think it's season 3 episode 10. The episode doesn't relate to any of the main plots or storylines so it doesn't spoil anything. It's just a great story to give you taste of Doctor Who. It also does a bit of explaining about the issues of time travel in the Whoverse. One of the Doctor Who's most quoted lines about time comes from this episode. Sadly it's not a great episode to show off Tennant's talents as he doesn't have a large part in this episode, especially no action from him. It is a lot of fun though.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've watched a few episodes of Dr. Who here and there when if first came back to television but I haven't watched any of the last few doctors at all and haven't watched a full season of any of the seasons. My daughter is a big fan though and we went and saw Tennant at a Comic-con panel in Madison a few years back after he played the Purple Man. He is quite entertaining. Also the saw the Dr. Who actor from the 70's who played the Brown Wizard in the Hobbit at a Comic-con panel in Minneapolis before that. He was really engaging and fun too. But no, I'm not a big Dr. Who fan myself and honestly I'm not completely sold on him being brought into C3G. From what I've seen of the shows the Doctor is more of a thinking hero than an action hero, I feel he would get clobbered pretty quickly if he were to face off vs. a comic-book villain or hero. The trash can aliens he faces off vs. are pretty slow moving and not agile at all.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:28 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
But no, I'm not a big Dr. Who fan myself and honestly I'm not completely sold on him being brought into C3G. From what I've seen of the shows the Doctor is more of a thinking hero than an action hero, I feel he would get clobbered pretty quickly if he were to face off vs. a comic-book villain or hero. The trash can aliens he faces off vs. are pretty slow moving and not agile at all.
I mean yeah, the Doctor can't physically take much damage if he's actually getting hit (somewhere slightly above human levels), but the point of the character is that he's too clever to take too many hits. He always has a way out. He's gone up against pretty powerful threats that are definitely on the same level as more powerful comic book villains and always comes out fairly unscathed. Sure, some of that is due to some silly writing that is unrealistic, but you could say that about almost any comic book too.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:35 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

11th Doctor is the best Doctor.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:41 PM
Just A Head

I'm a hipster; My favorite Doctor is the 8th. 11th and 12th are tied for second place though.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

He takes on all manner of enemies and has a strong comic book presence.
He does survive on his wits and through diplomacy and luck.
And you are all wrong, the 4th is the best. "Jelly baby?"
Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:50 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
He takes on all manner of enemies and has a strong comic book presence.
He does survive on his wits and through diplomacy and luck.
And you are all wrong, the 4th is the best. "Jelly baby?"
I do have a lot of love for the 4th Doctor as well, but I must admit I'm even more fascinated by Tom Baker himself. He is just an absolutely bizarre and amazing character in his own right.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:23 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Everyone! It's that time of the year again where my pals and I get together for our annual 1 v 1 tournament (Using C3G and Original Marvel figures). It is called the "Heroscape Megabowl", and it is in it's 5th year.

We usually have 6 to 8 participants, for which I build three maps so that 6 people can be playing at all times. It's really a fun time! We separate players into two pools and have each player, play every other player in their own pool to decide seeding for the single elimination tournament.

We've never had a repeat winner, and I am looking to lock up my first Megabowl Championship this year. I am wondering if anyone has advice for competitive 1,000 point armies? Each Player will normally draft 2,000 points of figures and it is left to the player to select from that pool upon the beginning of every match to build a 1,000 point army (or a little less). Usually the only rule for figure selection is that a team must consist of at least one 100-195 point range figure, one 200-295 point range figure, and one 300-395 point range figure.

I have run several different teams with Cap as my base figure in the past. I think the best I ever did was place second with Darkseid, Red Skull, Weather Wizard, and Deathstroke (Wanted Mandarin but he got swiped during the draft).

Any suggestions?
Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd give the new Cyclopes II card that just wrapped up a try. He's priced at 240 and there are several good mutant options in the 100-190 range, not as many in the 300-390 range but there are a few. You could bring a few of each and then draft the ones that present the best match-ups for you once you see who your opponent is going to be using. I would recommend Beast at 170 & Magneto II at 375, they seemed like a good team in my play tests. Throw figures next to Beast with Magneto for your attack option, then have Beast move and remove an OM.

*edit* I really like Gorgon at 300 points for that 300-390 points range. I'd stay away from Rogue at 300 though, never felt like she earned her points in any of my games so I don't use her anymore. Not a lot of other options for mutants that high, but Omega Red if you have his mini could be a nice choice and I'm told Selene at 360 is really good but I have yet to try her out myself. Also don't know much about Ursa Major at 320.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape