Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 29th, 2012, 03:31 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kheris Fehn, a french project for SoV

Ok, after discussion among french heroscapers, here is the wording we came to :

Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
If Kheris Fehn receives one or more wounds from an attack or from a special power, roll the 20-sided die.
If the attacking figure is a Dragon, or if the power is from a Dragon Army Card, add 3 to your die roll.
If you roll 17 or higher, ignore any wounds Kheris Fehn just received.
If the wound is from an attack, we use the race of the attacking figure. If it is a power, we use the race of the army card from which the power is used.
This wording is more long than the previous, but solve the problem of power, we believe. We did not find a way to make it shorter. It may seem a little "formal" at first, but we found that this sensation seems to wear off after reading it some time.
We know that special attack are both attack and power, but did not find usefull to add "that is not an attack" after "special power". The only case the distinction would be usefull would be if the race of a figure is no longer the same as the race on its army card. It is not possible from the moment.

If it is a concern (perhaps a power like :
Dragon Change :
All figures adjacent to X are Dragon as long as they remain adjacent to X), it is possible to use this wording :

Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
If Kheris Fehn receives one or more wounds from an attack or from a special power that is not an attack, roll the 20-sided die.
If the attacking figure is a Dragon, or if the power is from a Dragon Army Card, add 3 to your die roll.
We currently think this wording escape for all "minefields" we could think of.

The other solution is, as you proposed, to limit the shield to attacks. The wording is simpler, and it will perhaps allow Kheris to cost a little less. We are still considering this solution, if the first finally reveal to be impraticable.

May we have your opinion ?
Old June 29th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
The only case the distinction would be usefull would be if the race of a figure is no longer the same as the race on its army card. It is not possible from the moment.

If it is a concern (perhaps a power like :
Dragon Change :
All figures adjacent to X are Dragon as long as they remain adjacent to X), it is possible to use this wording :

That's not a problem, because the condition of Nhah Scirh Shield 17 said "If the attacking figure is a Dragon, OR if the power is from a Dragon Army Card" (so the race of the figure and the race on the army card don't need to be both "Dragon" to give the bonus to Kheris.

EDIT: oh no, sorry I'm wrong, this answer doesn't solve the problem... But I think this problem should be solved with the "Dragon Change" power, that makes importants changes in heroscape's rules: a figure that has not the same race that written in his army card... a little strange, no? What happens with Otonashi's Tricky Speed for example?

Also, it's not possible to remove the second "from"?
Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
If Kheris Fehn receives one or more wounds from an attack or from a special power, roll the 20-sided die.

Last edited by DanieLoche; June 29th, 2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
EDIT: oh no, sorry I'm wrong, this answer doesn't solve the problem... But I think this problem should be solved with the "Dragon Change" power, that makes importants changes in heroscape's rules: a figure that has not the same race that written in his army card... a little strange, no? What happens with Otonashi's Tricky Speed for example?

Also, it's not possible to remove the second "from"?
Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
If Kheris Fehn receives one or more wounds from an attack or special power, roll the 20-sided die.
Anytime one of a figure's traits is changed, so is its Army Card (see Werewolf Lord), so there is no concern there. I think both the "from" and "a" can be removed, however, would this work?

Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
If Kheris Fehn receives one or more wounds from an attack or special power, roll the 20-sided die. If Kheris Fehn received the wounds from a Dragon Army Card, add 3 to your die roll. If you roll 17 or higher, ignore any wounds Kheris Fehn just received.
Now, the question is, does that work? Going by the wording of Hive Supremacy, I'd say it does-but I'd like to hear other opinions on it.

Old June 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
This is the cleanest of the above proposals (with the second "from" being optional). I can't think of any problems with it.

I do think you are going through a lot of extra effort (and words) for a little bit of flavor. Not so much that I'd vote it down, I don't think, but I think you should look at the text on the card and decide if that much text is worth it.
Old June 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
This is the cleanest of the above proposals (with the second "from" being optional). I can't think of any problems with it.

I do think you are going through a lot of extra effort (and words) for a little bit of flavor. Not so much that I'd vote it down, I don't think, but I think you should look at the text on the card and decide if that much text is worth it.
Scytale may be right (he usually is--it's a habit of his, I think), but I like the flavor and I think you should keep it. As long as it does not make the text on the card too small to read.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale
I agree with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
If Kheris Fehn receives one or more wounds from an attack or special power, roll the 20-sided die. If Kheris Fehn received the wounds from a Dragon Army Card, add 3 to your die roll. If you roll 17 or higher, ignore any wounds Kheris Fehn just received.
Now, the question is, does that work? Going by the wording of Hive Supremacy, I'd say it does-but I'd like to hear other opinions on it.
If everybody understand it, why not?
Perhaps, to be easier to understand:
Quote:
NHAH SCIRH SHIELD 17
If Kheris Fehn receives one or more wounds from an attack or special power, roll the 20-sided die. If this attack or special power is from a Dragon Army Card, add 3 to your die roll. If you roll 17 or higher, ignore any wounds Kheris Fehn just received.
Ok, is less clean, but if it's understandable and don't makes new problems, why not?
Old July 4th, 2012, 06:48 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I updated the OP, with the last wording for powers and the Army card.

We will begin to test Kheris again.

Here is the card :

Old July 16th, 2012, 07:23 AM

Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker

Kheris Fehn was custom of the week !
Thanks for this nomination.
Kheris will come back for SoV, but we need to make some playtests before.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards