Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old December 29th, 2012, 11:22 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Avengers Assemble! New Custom Project

I interesting Avenger villain

Last edited by Drewman-chu; January 7th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:24 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Immortal, nice one.

This guy's powerful!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:32 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I'm not too knowledgeable about the Collector, but the idea of taking figures off the board and "collecting" them until he's destroyed is interesting. Nice work! His cape should be a hitzone, though.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bump him up at least 70 points, maybe more.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:13 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the input guys. The Collector was pretty powerful, in that he was always collector heroes but never really damaging them much. Your right about the cape Sherm, I will fix the hitzone. I think he needs some playtesting to determine his pts base 4 attack is pretty weak but the immortal and collection powers add some threat too. I think he would be a major nuisance on the battlefield more than anything.
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:36 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Yeah, having to wound heroes in order to "collect" them will keep high defense heroes relatively safe from him, I'd think. As you say, playtesting is a must for figures like him - bread and butter figures with powers taken from official units are a lot easier to theoryscape than characters with strange, "out of the box" powers like Collector.
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:39 AM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can think of a few allies that you could field him with that would make him crazy powerful. His chance to "collect" a figure is so low that he has to be costly.

Here are some figures for solo play.
With 4 attack (assuming you do not get height since he is melee, you will net an average of 2 skulls. That requires an average of 6 defense to prevent wounds. Most figures do not have 6 defense. So given a short amount of time he will wound most heroes. Given that there is a 40% chance of basically destroying any figure with a wound that is crazy powerful on its own. Now add in that he has 6 defense. Which means to even wound with average attack and defense rolls you need 5 attack. He will last quite a while. 5 or more attack required for a single wound on him (using averages now) with his 7 life means it takes 7 attacks to kill him with 5 or more attack dice. This guy is boss. He is worth way more points that he is currently costed.

Now lets examine him in team play. He will after all be playing with a group.

Team him up with Captain America for an extra attack die by making him an avenger and giving him +1 attack and defense. This makes him even harder to hurt and allows him to wound heroes even easier.

Team him up with Shadowcat so that he cannot be attacked by range. This allows you to collect some figures and return to your start zone to wait for the rest of your army to clean house with what is left of your enemy force.

Team him up with Blob so that if anyone tries to engage him Blob can engage them first and they will be stuck. This allows you to escape to safety with your hero full card.

Team him up with Iron Fist so that you can reveal the X order Marker and heal a wound from him if he gets hurt while collecting.

Add one more powerful ranged unit that can join up with Iron fist to take out the left overs and you have a design for Collector that is worth 350-380 easy.

Compare him to my Morgan le Fay
Spoiler Alert!

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Yeah, having to wound heroes in order to "collect" them will keep high defense heroes relatively safe from him, I'd think. As you say, playtesting is a must for figures like him - bread and butter figures with powers taken from official units are a lot easier to theoryscape than characters with strange, "out of the box" powers like Collector.
To be honest I'd be most worried about my expensive high defense figures around him. 40% chance after a wound to remove superman from the battlefield? Or Ultron?

The fact that you can reveal a marker and instantly gain height is scary as well. This guy has serious potential to remove an armies lynch pin from the game. Or at the least a crazy expensive figure.

I would have to hide my heroes and assault him with squads only.

Old December 30th, 2012, 12:55 AM

Good points chief. After all he is a villain that takes on the Avengers by himself a lot of the time. I'll try 350.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
Good points chief. After all he is a villain that takes on the Avengers by himself a lot of the time. I'll try 350.
As long as you keep him protected even just a little bit he would be worth every point.

Old January 7th, 2013, 08:32 PM

Next Avenger

Old January 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM

Nice, although comparing him to Abomination I think 370 might be a bit too much for him. With a 5 Move and no movement power, the relative difficulty of getting him into the fight compensates for his higher defense.

Also, in the combat challenge power I think you meant to say "attack dice," not "defense dice."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations