Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old July 27th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Full Metal Alchemist

Another late night Anime show I catch on Adult Swim. I'm sure some of you have seen it, it's definitely my favorite at the moment. Not only does it look great, the story is fantastic! It's written, and drawn, very well. What's not to love? The involvement of military, and this whole religious war just makes it so interesting to watch. Not to mention Ed and Al's backstory, the whole reason they're involved in it all. Plus, Alchemy is one of the coolest things I've seen implemented into an anime. The way the use it and, just everything! I'm getting excited, that must mean I should stop typing

I've also found recently that there's a TCG to go with it, and people seem to like that. Right now I'm just wanting to get my hands on the DVDs.

Anyway, it's definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

EDIT: I can't find the picture now but a while ago I did a google search and found small FMA figures that looked the right size to use in HS At the time I was kidding about it, now I'm actually considering it.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Ive been a Fan from the first day I saw (Over a year ago). Had 12+ Volumes but had to sell due to unforseen hardship. BUT I am rebuying everything for the series.
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I've wanted to get into it for a while now, but I can never seem to catch the first episode at a reasonable hour. So I doubt I'll ever end up watching it. However, I know that a guy names Hughes is played by the same person that will be playing Usopp in the new One Piece dub. Which is cool, because I've heard some good jokes out of him.
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
The first two anime series my nephew introduced me to were Fullmetal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu.

Fullmetal Alchemist is a great series. Like all of the best shows (in any medium), it has the ability to make you laugh, cry, and keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time. All of the characters are memorable. The series also touches on many interesting philosophical issues.

Edit: Two years ago, I took my nephew to the Middle Tenn. Anime Convention (MTAC). They had a panel discussion with three of the voices actors from the series (Edward, Col. Mustang, and Winrey). That was really interesting.
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I've wanted to get into it for a while now, but I can never seem to catch the first episode at a reasonable hour. So I doubt I'll ever end up watching it. However, I know that a guy names Hughes is played by the same person that will be playing Usopp in the new One Piece dub. Which is cool, because I've heard some good jokes out of him.
You can download them all from Google Video, and you could probably see them on Youtube as well.

I just started watching it and I really like it! I completely agree with davidlhsl.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old July 27th, 2007, 05:07 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
They were showing it on a fairly unknown channel over here so i missed alot of them but did like it. Unfortunately the channel has been taken off
Old July 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
As long as we’re discussing anime, I’d like to share some my thoughts on some of my other favorite anime series that I’ve seen:

Azumanga Diaoh
This is a rich character series that follows a group of girls through high school. The series is very funny, but the humor isn’t simply a bunch of cheap gags and one-liners. By the time you reach the end, you really feel you know these characters. Oh, and Osaka steals every scene she is in.

Cowboy Bebop
I think this is becoming a recurring theme, but developing great characters really does produce great storytelling. Cowboy Bebop has a main story arc centering on the lead character Spike, but the supporting characters are also given their own background and resolution plots in the series.

Full Metal Panic
This is a great military action series. It’s mostly action, but the episodes where Sosuke has to acclimate himself to civilian life as he attempts to blend in as a high school student provide hilarious comic relief, which leads to…

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
This, the second series in the FMP trilogy, focuses exclusively on the humorous high school moments.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC
This, the first series in a pair of GitS series, combines stand-alone episodes with episodes that form a longer story arc (called The Laughing Man arc). This is a great thriller that is set in a futuristic setting. Some people get annoyed with the stand-alone episodes, but I think they help flesh out the futuristic world presented.

Haibane Renmei
Gentle, beautiful, and touching series.

Last Exile
I think this is probably one of the most gorgeous animes in terms of its art design, but the epic story line and emotionally powerful conclusion are icing on the cake.

Neon Genesis Evangelion and RahXephon
These two mecha anime series follow the same basic story structure, so I’m going to lump them together. Some people disagree strongly with that opinion. Anyway, RahXephon is more satisfying in the way the story progresses and concludes, but [i]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/b] is much more tense and interesting.

Paranoia Agent
Weird, weird, and weird, but in a good way. Lots of great symbolism and very inventive ideas on display.

Trigun
This is a hilarious series that turns very serious towards the end. Nevertheless, the transition from whacky comedy to intense drama is artfully handled.

Kino's Journey
Almost forgot this one! This is one of the most well-written anime series, and is incredibly thought provoking. Each episode can pretty much be seen independant of the other episodes. The final episode is incredibly powerful.
Old July 27th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
You would definately like Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:45 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Cowboy Beebop and Trigun were great. I used to catch them on Adult Swim all the time. I loved them. I've also seen a few episodes of Ghost in the Shell, not bad at all.

I'm going to look into the other Full Metal shows, thanks for the great reviews, david!

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:35 AM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
For those who don't remember, my first contribution to heroscape was a Full Metal Alchemist addition, special moves, how to work in the circles, equvilent exchange. And my avatar was a picture of Ed. So yes I am a bit of a fan.

Here is a link for those who want to watch it but can't make the time.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/3/354

Don't say uncle MG never did anything for ya.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:20 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
I love you Uncle MG. I jsut saw the show and really wanted to get into it... Now I can!!! You happen to have one for Tri Gun?

EDIT- When does the movie fit in with the episodes? Also when are the new episodes on if there are any?

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:12 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I've seen it a few times. Most of the episodes I saw were deep into the story, and I was lost something fierce. It looks interesting and well done. If I had a good connection speed I'd have to check out your link, Mini.

As far as other anime, I've got all of Cowboy Bebop on DVD except for the movie. Great series.

I could never get into Trigun; I really tried.

I've seen all of Samurai Champloo. That one is pretty good. It is off the wall. My only complaint is there weren't enough fight sequences. Most of the fighting the main characters were just way too good to even break a sweat. The humor in it was great. Good stuff like Mugen doing breakdancing moves in his fighting, a guy beatboxing into his sword hilt, a graffiti contest, and rapping peasants.

I saw a few of Paranoia Agent, and I really liked what I saw.

I saw a few of both Full Metal Panic series. I prefer the first season/series, but they both had parts that were too much.

I've seen a bit of one I think it was called Scryed. I was interested and I tried to like it, but it was still a little meh for me.

Everything else it was an episode here or there. Not enough to get a real feel for it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media