Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 18th, 2009, 01:07 AM

Fizziii knows what's in an order marker Fizziii knows what's in an order marker
FizzIII's maps - Updated 5/7/10

FizzIII's Maps

6-Way Battle

Having nobody to fight in a while, the king called his 6 favorite armies together to duel.

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 1x SotM, 2x RttFF, 5x RotV
Footprint: 42" x 48"

Specials:
1) The castle is off limits. The king doesn't like to be disturbed.
2) The glyphs represent magic Gargoyles. Life 10, reinforced defence (ignore the first 2 skulls of damage from large, first 3 from Medium & smaller), fireline 8 (same as Mimring's), Attack 5, Double attack, Countermove. As soon as someone lands on the castle, the gargoyles get to take a turn.
3) 2 armies start opposite, 3 armies start in quadrants, 4 armies start with 2 sets of adjacent armies, 5 armies roll a d20 to determine who gets to pick their starting spots, after ruling out 1 of the 6 starting zones.
********************************************************************** **********

Approach to Hex Castle

Tired of being invaded, the residents of Hex Castle made the approach go through the caverns & then wind along a twisty path before finally reaching the doors.

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 1x SotM, 21x Extra water tiles, 2x RttFF, 1x Fota
Footprint: 35” x 52”

********************************************************************** **********

Bridge to Glory

2 armies receive news of a treasure on a bridge. Both armies arrive together. Who will walk away with it…?

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 1x SotM, 21x Extra Water Tiles, 2 RttFF
Footprint: 31” x 50”

Border Bridge

Ages ago a fort was built to protect the bridge. As wars came and go borders changed. As the border aligned with the river, a second fort was built to keep an eye on the first one...

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 1xSotM, 1x TT, 2x RttFF, 3x FotA (TT = 2x 2-Hex Snow Tiles)
Footprint: 43" x 56" (It's skewed in VS, 25" x 60" in reality)

Castle on a Hill

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 1x SotM, 21x Extra Water Tiles, 2x RttFF, 1x Fota
Footprint: 21” x 32”

Construction Chaos

A lone skyscraper under construction. There's no end to the mischief that can be caused...

Required Sets: 3x RotV, 1x TT, 2x RttFF, 5x FotA (+ 3 extra battlements)
Footprint: 24" x 29"

Dueling Castles

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 2x RttFF, 2x FotA
Footprint: 30" x 33"

Dueling Grounds

Sometimes, it has to come face to face…

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 1x SotM, 21x Extra Water Tiles, 2x RttFF, 5x FotA
Footprint: 10” x 48”

EarthQuake

2 armies on their way to do battle receive reports from their scouts that a major earthquake has split a castle in 2. Now they're going to try and steal the treasure.

Required Sets: 6x Master, 4x Castle
Footprint: 29" x 50"

King of Fisheye Castle

The king has died and his 2 heirs seek the throne. Some of the king's magic will linger until a new king is crowned.

The Glyph of Mitonsoul in the middle is the key to this lingering magic. While it is around, there will be no flying over any of the non-grass terrain, or underneath the castle. Also, the glyph serves as an Eye for an Eye punishment. Anyone dealing wounds while in the castle will receive an equal number of wounds. If someone steps on the glyph to activate it and remove the magic, it will perform as a Glyph of Mitonsoul 3x as powerful. Roll a d20 for each figure on the battle field. If a figure is in the castle, a roll of 1, 2, or 3 will destroy it. If I figure is on the scorched rock outside of the castle a roll of 1 or 2 will destroy it. If a figure is on the grass, a roll of 1 will destroy it.
For each opponents figure destroyed in the castle, the magic of Mitonsoul will destroy 1 of the activating player's figures in the castle or on the scorched rock.
The player that retrieves their artifact from the eye of the castle and returns it back down the scorched rock, through the tunnels to the island in the center will be crowned king.
(Note, for this scenario, asphalt represents scorched rock.)

Required Sets: Unknown since VS doesn’t show Marvel. It says 8 Master, 2 RttFF, 4 Fota… I’m guessing 20-30 Marvel. This could be arranged to remove some of the Asphalt, but it’d still require a significant amount of Marvel sets.
Footprint: 51” x 72” (According to VS… It’s skewed in there, 15" x 77" in reality)

Large Castle

No scenario…. Just designed it for the fun of it. Base of central keep is as high as the top of the outside walls.

Required Sets: 25x Master Sets, 15x RttFF, 15x FotA (Master set inflated because it’s all grass, and solid underneath the castle… aside from the walkways winding up around the central keep.
Footprint: 69” x 79”

Riverwall

A Fortress built along the river. A winding path leading under the overhang, between the islands leads to the ideal ambush spot.

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 1x SotM, 2x RttFF, 21x Extra Water Tiles
Footprint: 25” x 37”

Tankback Lake & TeePee Tower (Humorous… PG-13 rated)

Spoiler Alert!

Deep in the mountains lies Tankback Lake. A mountain lake with a strong undertow. Many are the stories of those who have fallen in to find themselves in the occasional whirlpool that drains the lake. Rumor has it that Tank rock stores the water.

Required sets: 3x RotV, 3x TT, 5x RttFF, 10x FotA
Footprint: 28” x 36” including river out the backside of Tank rock

Wellspring Commons

Living near the spring has always been a source of tension

Special Rules:
Mix up 2 piles of glyphs. 1 pile has the Glyphs of Mitonsoul, Nilrend, Oreld, Proftaka, Dagmar, & Thorian
The other pile has the glyphs of Wannok, Astrid, Gerda, Ulaniva, Crevcor, & Ivor.
Mix each pile face down.
Use 3 random glyphs from the first pile for the unkown glyph locations.
Use 3 random glyphs from the second pile for the Brandar locations.

Required Sets: 6x Master sets, 2x RttFF, 3x FotA (Master sets so high because of the water)
Footprint: 42" x 52"

Where the SideWalk Ends…

Many roads wind through Valhalla. What happens when the road runs out…?

Required Sets: 4x RotV, 1x SotM, 2x Marvel, 2x RttFF

Last edited by Fizziii; May 7th, 2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added Wellspring Commons
Old March 18th, 2009, 01:11 AM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart
Re: FizzIII's maps.

Great maps! I like the river wall one.

Boise ID Scaper
Old March 18th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Added new map.
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:01 AM

smileydude560 Woo who?

What are the requirements, and since you Virtualscape'd them, can you post a pdf? Those look fun!

This sig is a sig about a sig's sig.

GENERATION 25:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old March 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker

I like the last pic of The approach to Hex castle that road leading up at the edge of the map is cool.

Some interesting & fresh designs, good job!

Bye, Ch1can0

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We don´t cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old March 19th, 2009, 10:52 AM

I'll see if I can make PDF's and find a way to upload them. Being a relatively new user, I don't have attachment priviledges yet. If you PM me your e-mail, I can always e-mail the map(s).

My terrain from Virtual Scape:
1 Master, 2 Forest, 3 Terrain, 1 Castle, 1 Marvel, 1 Swarm, +84 water tiles, +4 double hex snow tiles.

I know on Approach to Hex Castle I've used 1 extra grass 2 hex, and 4 extra grass single hexes beyond what I have

I still have a road, a sand, 2 swamp, and an asphalt single hex unused, and a few other double hexes unused, so I could make it work.

Edit: Went back and added battlements by the stairs. The idea is to force people to take the long way to the castle, and I had a height 3 wall above a stair. Now they'd need a height & movement of 6 to get up. (not as easy, but still probably doable by some figures.) I've also added ladders to get up to the top of the castle. Still contemplating adding a water tile or 2 for safe landings when jumping from the wall walk. (Only have 2 free water tiles left over though).

Last edited by Fizziii; March 19th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old March 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM

This one far exceeds the amount of terrain that I own. VirtualScape says 25 master sets, 15 RttFF, & 15 FotA. (All the terrain is Grass, road or fortress... it's also Solid, so by using other land and creating openings underneath some of the 24-hex tiles, I'm sure the master set number could be cut down.

The center castle entrance is about the same height as the outer castle wall walk.

Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:03 AM

Okay. Played on "Approach to Hex Castle" today. I added a 30 space start zone at the end of the road leading up.

We rolled at random for the size of our armies. Ended up at 1900 points. Turned around and expanded the starting zone to 44 spaces to accomodate the army attacking while I was defending the castle.

Through all this, I came to the conclusion that Thanos is probably a bit overpowered. I was defending the castle first. I had Thanos, Iron Man, Dr. Doom, Raelin, and a few others in my map. My opponent yielded after I had wiped out about half his army, and had the other half pinned in the starting zone. Thanos went down and came back once.

Second go around, we tweaked our 1900 point armies and switched sides. I went with a few dragons, Iron Man, Thanos, AE's, Silver Surfer, and a couple of others. Opponent went with a number of elves, flying guys, and Hulk. (I can look up more specifics tomorrow). Hulk took out Thanos, Iron Man, & Silver Surfer pretty redily at one point. I managed to bring back Thanos twice. Finally managed to take out the Hulk, and from there it was pretty much a mop up. Took almost 3 hours a game. Had the defense glyph in the castle, and a common attack, and special attack glyph on the islands in the middle.

In summary, they were really huge armies involving a bit of clean up. I'm still wanting to try this out with a 500 point defender army, and a 1000 point attacking army.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:21 PM

Where the sidewalk ends...
Old March 26th, 2009, 06:43 PM

New map/scenario added. 3/26/09. (Gotta love blizzards slowing down work so I can work on this stuff.)

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Edit: Piece count for this map
18x 24-Hex Grass Tiles
4x 2-Hex Rock Tiles
163x Water Tiles
1x 2-Hex Concrete Tile
67x 7-Hex Asphalt Tiles
179x 2-Hex Asphalt Tiles
87x 1-Hex Asphalt Tiles
4x Castle Ground 9-Hex Tiles
2x Castle Ground 7-Hex Tiles
20x Castle Ground 1-Hex Tiles
22x Castle Straights (bases & walls)
16x Castle Ends (bases & walls)
6x Castle Corners (bases & walls)
2x Doors
74x Battlements.

I'm sure this could be tweaked to have non-essential pieces changed from asphalt, but I haven't made it that far yet.

Last edited by Fizziii; March 26th, 2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, very nice maps. I really like the general layout and design of them. I really want to see more of your work +rep for sure!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM

Anyone have a good point value suggestion for King of FishEye Castle?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios