Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 26th, 2015, 04:34 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Not User Name's Not So Spectacular Customs *UPDATED 1/15

Nameless Insect
Seems like an interesting hero and a cool figure, although flying slash has quite the distance requirement for a pretty small bonus. It should work out okay given his already decent attack and Stealth Flying making it easy to maintain, but it is still a noticeable hoop for a moderate payout. He otherwise seems great for zipping in and out of battle, and holds up well against range with his evasive ability. Lacking chilling touch and life drain stops him from being another Cyprien but that doesn't mean that he can't pack a punch, especially since he bonds.

Dakota Plains Testing
These guys strike me as being strangely slow for such a lightly armored squad. I always appreciate a good reused power but I feel that the strategic movement bonding doesn't fit them like it does the short and armored dwarves. Maybe a 5-7 deal would make more sense for them. Group hunt is an interesting take on encircling but I have trouble seeing it be worth it. Those attacks are best used against heroes to wrack up the wounds. You'd need to be going against some low life and high defense figures to forgo the extra attacks (it does happen). Otherwise I'd go the way of the Ashigaru Yari and drop the level requirement. Concealment is a fine reuse. Overall, these guys are fragile for their points without much fire power to back it up. I'd say that they are closer to 50 than 70.

Eyota
What life does this guy have? You forgot to list it. He gives some punch if his tribe can survive the field, although unfortunately the bonding does not work favorably for him in that case. His second attack bonus is not too dissimilar from the blastatrons, but they can move the gladiatrons for free before attacking. Since he takes the turn first when bonding with the other tribesman, they won't be in position for him to get an attack bonus and their low defense does not make them likely to survive the round. He would work better with the MRT since their bonding comes at the end of their turn, but you don't count scouts so he won't get the benefit. I think there are some neat ideas here, I just don't think they are quite coming together.
Old January 26th, 2015, 05:20 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

You're right, I'll have to change the DPT to 5 move, normal bonding, and scouts. That way they should synergize well with the MRT.
Old February 7th, 2015, 08:28 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

So today I was helping my Dad clean up our attic and I found my old dinosaur and animal toys along with some other cool junk.

I now have some good old figures for customizing, but I wanted some more opinions on scale.

Stegosaurus
Spoiler Alert!

Carnivores
Spoiler Alert!

Pterodactyl
Spoiler Alert!

Lions and tigers, and the bear was way off. (oh my)
Spoiler Alert!

Future War Elephant? I have 3!
Spoiler Alert!

Also my brother (left) and I found some of my dad's old shirts from the '80s so we had to wear them all day. I just thought I would share this embarrassing picture with you guys.
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 8th, 2015, 05:29 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I had that exact same ptereodactyl! Awesome finds!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 13th, 2015, 06:14 PM

Here's a quick preview of my first common squad. I already got 8 of them done... It only took me the last few months.

The wings weren't placed right because I did all 9 at one time. Other than that, they turned out ok.
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:42 AM

I just ordered some more random figures off of eBay. These ideas needed to get out of my head.
Some adjustments may be made.

Gug
Spoiler Alert!

Dario Esenwein
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Not User Name; March 14th, 2015 at 04:06 AM.
Old March 17th, 2015, 05:41 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Not User Name's Not So Spectacular Customs *UPDATED 3/14

Gug
I always get a kick out of convergent design. I have come up with a very similar idea for this figure before. Cutting out potentially destroyed figures leads to some very fun counter-play. It's a great example of a power that is both fun to use and fun to play against since the opponent now has the opportunity to save swallowed figures. As such, the design having 8 life can make this a difficult prospect but the life gain is better balanced with high life and lower defense. The most striking aspect to me is how easily he can swallow heroes. Given that you have him already packing 5 attack, I would err closer to figures like Grimnak and Braxas when it comes to destroying heroes and make it a little less likely. It depends on a few matters, but without bonding and making it harder to swallow heroes could probably have his points in the 150-180 range at a guess.

Dario Esenwein

This is an interesting hero. Chilling Presence feels like it can be potent alongside flying and allow him to drop (and heal from) multiple figures a round. Lack of Stealth flying means he can also get tied down when doing so, however, and his stats aren't really anything to write home about. Costing him depends on that presence. I think you have to stop it from working on soulborgs if you want it to mirror Cyprien. I would also suggest some noble class like Baron or Count, or perhaps just make him another Duke.
Old March 17th, 2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Gug
I always get a kick out of convergent design. I have come up with a very similar idea for this figure before. Cutting out potentially destroyed figures leads to some very fun counter-play. It's a great example of a power that is both fun to use and fun to play against since the opponent now has the opportunity to save swallowed figures. As such, the design having 8 life can make this a difficult prospect but the life gain is better balanced with high life and lower defense. The most striking aspect to me is how easily he can swallow heroes. Given that you have him already packing 5 attack, I would err closer to figures like Grimnak and Braxas when it comes to destroying heroes and make it a little less likely. It depends on a few matters, but without bonding and making it harder to swallow heroes could probably have his points in the 150-180 range at a guess.

Dario Esenwein

This is an interesting hero. Chilling Presence feels like it can be potent alongside flying and allow him to drop (and heal from) multiple figures a round. Lack of Stealth flying means he can also get tied down when doing so, however, and his stats aren't really anything to write home about. Costing him depends on that presence. I think you have to stop it from working on soulborgs if you want it to mirror Cyprien. I would also suggest some noble class like Baron or Count, or perhaps just make him another Duke.
Gug
With the chance to save yor heroes, I'd like to see him gulp up more than Grimnak or Braxas. I think the highest I'd go is 14. How many times have you seen your poor Braxas destroyed in one turn from squaddies? I think the chances of Gug falling faster than expected is pretty high. Aside from that, he can only hold up to two figures on his card, which limits his heal. Just think, you approach a squad of Knights and Gilbert, you don't want to swallow up to Knights right away. Ok, I'm starting to ramble a bit. Anyway, I think he shouldn't be over 200 points, that's for sure.

Dario
I must have forgot the clause for Soulborgs when I wrote it, sorry about that. Thanks for the suggestions for his class(?).

Thanks again Ixe for making some time for amatuer hour at the bar.
Old March 18th, 2015, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Thanks again Ixe for making some time for amatuer hour at the bar.
Always happy to help a fellow designer. I wouldn't be so quick to sell yourself short. The only thing that makes a designer is that they design, and what makes a great designer is they design a lot and learn from the feedback.
Old May 30th, 2015, 01:51 AM

Here's a quick preview of my latest customs. I've been working on these for months, and by that I mean a dab of paint every couple of weeks. Anyway, here they are.

Looking at this picture makes me realize how wonky that spear turned out. Oh, and don't get your hopes up too high. My ability to match paint is not the best.
Old June 1st, 2015, 05:14 PM

I'm having a little trouble seeing the picture in that lighting but I am very intrigued to see the design on that pterodactyl rider.
Old June 4th, 2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I'm having a little trouble seeing the picture in that lighting but I am very intrigued to see the design on that pterodactyl rider.
You aren't supposed to see the figures quite yet.
I'm struggling with powers for the figures, maybe you have some input?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards