Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old November 1st, 2016, 06:42 PM

jennifer knows what's in an order marker jennifer knows what's in an order marker
Jennifer's Custom Terrain

Made this thread to share terrain I am working on. Mostly been working on Frostgrave stuff right now, but would appreciate any feedback on stuff I submit here, for how well it'd work with Heroscape. Also, any tips how I could make the terrain work better with both would be appreciated, as I'd like to re-use it, thanks.
Old November 1st, 2016, 06:43 PM

jennifer knows what's in an order marker jennifer knows what's in an order marker
Re: Jennifer's Custom Terrain

Just made this frosty crystal for Frostgrave. Wondering how it'd fair in a Heroscape game? Would the characters just follow the same rules as the large 2 space peanut beasts, like the dragon? I.e. if the figure can't fit in the hex, then it can't go there?

I plan on printing ones even larger in size.

Printed on 3D printer with translucent clear PLA. Then washed with Reaper Tropical Blue. Dry brushed the highlights on with Americana Snow White.

Old November 1st, 2016, 09:50 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Just made this frosty crystal for Frostgrave. Wondering how it'd fair in a Heroscape game? Would the characters just follow the same rules as the large 2 space peanut beasts, like the dragon? I.e. if the figure can't fit in the hex, then it can't go there?
Unless you intend to have a terrain object convey some special in-game effect, then the two effects that an object would have are 1) blocking movement (i.e., the object obstructs the hex, preventing a one- or two-hex figure from entering the hex, and preventing the rear of a two-hex figure from sweeping through the hex while moving), and 2) blocking line-of-sight (according to the normal LoS rules).

Quote:
I plan on printing ones even larger in size.
As an aid to keeping terrain objects in place on a Heroscape map, you may want to consider attaching them to a base that interlocks with the map hexes. Before you go and create your own, I've designed a set of terrain object bases derived from the one-hex RttFF tree base in various dimensions that you can download and print. For example, this image shows the one-, two-, and three-hex bases printed in light grey filament.

Quote:
Printed on 3D printer with translucent clear PLA. Then washed with Reaper Tropical Blue. Dry brushed the highlights on with Americana Snow White.
The highlights might be a little heavy, but that's a matter of taste; it's well done, and stylized highlighting is a lot easier than researching actual crystals and seeing how they reflect light. It would work well as a terrain object, and if you're happy with the way it turned out, that's the important thing. Make more; I'm sure we'll all enjoy seeing your creativity at work.
Old November 1st, 2016, 07:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Really looking forward to this thread!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 1st, 2016, 08:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I love custom terrain. I had srmalloy print me some crystals too. Thanks for sharing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 2nd, 2016, 12:02 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a good start. Keep up the good work. Also do not be afraid to look through other people's terrain threads for inspiration. @Grishnakh has, IMHO, the best and most inspirational terrain thread on the boards. A few others I would recommend of the top of my head are @Porkins , @TREX , and @cobravigon threads. All of them have done exceptional terrain work.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 03:54 PM

I know the following can't be used in Heroscape, but just wanted to show you what I have been working on. Most everything is 3D printed except for trees and bread -- bread made with sculpey.

Old November 2nd, 2016, 04:05 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Really like the barrels!
Very use able in C3G.

Do you have links for those prints?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 2nd, 2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Really like the barrels!
Very use able in C3G.

Do you have links for those prints?
Look up the user "Curufin" on Thingiverse.com. All the tavern stuff are his design. Devon Jones did bread oven.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 04:54 PM

Thanks.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 2nd, 2016, 07:56 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love the tavern stuff. Would be great to use with some tables to play out a bar brawl in a D&D game.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 09:52 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Dang...very, cool indeed. Great work

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles