Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Hahma, I don't see any reason employers have to stop drug testing. That breaks down to freedom again - you're free to smoke pot, and your boss is free to fire you for it.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old November 20th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Not really - if you smoke pot on the first at home, in your living room, and you get tested on the 15th you will come up positive. That's like getting fired for having a beer after work, or smoking cigs - all legal drugs, all socially acceptable.

In the case of a 'FAIL' on post-accident testing they can use the flashlight-in-the-eyes test which is absolutely positive. Essentially you move the light across the eyes and ask the testee to follow - if they're high their eyes 'stutter' and do not track the light smoothly. That, along with the PPM in the urine, would be conclusive.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I used to work for a place that tested for nicotine, and would not hire you if you smoked. Cigs are legal, but it's also legal to test.

It's also legal for me to quit that job because I won't work for someone like that.

Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:25 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement. It's amazing what we currently legislate about discrimination - in the Constitution there is NOTHING that says citizens can or cannot discriminate against someone - only that the government can't.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

THC would be a messy one because of how long it stays in the blood. I don't think the test could tell how long ago the pot was smoked unless you already had some baseline tests. I'm guessing that it would be difficult with THC staying in your system for a month or more. Even with other drugs that are in and out of your system in 4 days it would still be a problem and need baseline numbers. Without the baseline numbers people that got high immediately after work on Friday and didn't touch anything for the rest of the weekend would still test positive on Monday or Tuesday. Alcohol impairment can reasonably be determined by breath analysis, but urine tests are not nearly as forgiving.

I would imagine still being able to drug test would be up to individual state laws. I don't know if that is the case. The states I've worked in it would probably still fly, but I know other states are more "worker friendly".
Old November 21st, 2008, 12:19 AM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

jbbnbsmith, that's a good point you make about medical treatment to those that may overdose. Frankly, you stumped me sir. I always had this crazy idea when my friends would discuss this topic: what if you were required to have a license to do certain things? Perhaps go through a testing or screening process to see if you were mentally, physically, and emotionally able to responsibly use drugs recreationally. I know that's far-fetched and crazy, but I've seen the worst in people under the influence of alcohol, and this is completely legal. Like a few others have stated earlier, some drugs do have traits that make them seem more appealing than alcohol (ex. the mellow pothead / violent drunk analogy). Alcohol would of course be included in this theoretical "licensing".

But getting back to my original point, I have no answer for the health care issue. No, I don't suppose we should be responisble to pay for an overdose victim necessarily. Props for a great rebuttal, jbbnbsmith.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old November 21st, 2008, 08:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax View Post
I used to work for a place that tested for nicotine, and would not hire you if you smoked. Cigs are legal, but it's also legal to test.

It's also legal for me to quit that job because I won't work for someone like that.

When it comes to pot though Imax, if it's legalized, there are a ton of jobs that would have to be tested for: such as the military, steel mills, refineries, many factories, probably police and fire departments and hospitals to name a few. People are certainly welcome to quit those jobs (except military, until contract was up) if tested for legal pot, but in these economic times and those to come for the forseeable future, a decent job should be put ahead of desire to smoke pot, even if it were legal.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:54 AM
Man Genius

True, and if I want that job, I can choose - legal habit or paycheck?

Old November 21st, 2008, 10:49 AM

Need the paycheck to support the legal habit: have kids so they can pee in a sterile bottle for you!

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General