Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Why do you accept the proposition that a deity exists?
I know God through reason, science, etc. 2 9.09%
I accept God through belief or personal revelation 5 22.73%
Other 9 40.91%
I am an atheist but want to vote in this poll because polls are dope 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Food for Thought: A Discourse on Deities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
As I hinted earlier, there is magic in the real world. If you think long enough about the concept of infinity, or intrusive thoughts, or the idea of zero, or any one of a number of other things, you might discover something special. But that doesn't mean the thing isn't also part of the natural world, functioning within boundaries we understand.
Have you read Excellent Beauty by Dr. Eric Dietrich?

He spends much of the book discussing the "magical" beauty of nature, particularly the concept of infinities, and he admires them all from a secular standpoint. It's (nailed it )well worth the read if you haven't.

~JS
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Food for Thought: A Discourse on Deities

No, I haven't read it.

The brilliant Foucault's Pendulum, by Umberto Eco, is a novel that is a deep dive into symbolism, patterns, and "meaning" where there may or may not be meaning intended. In a way it's also very much about the power of faith. It is a dense, dense book, and I recommend it only for the brave of heart.

Our dear friend @Revdyer , who hasn't been around in a long long time, is a big fan of Eco in general, and this masterpiece in particular, too.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General