Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 25th, 2017, 03:38 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Gencon 2017 Event Thread

Gencon Heroscape events are up and ready to go!
As usual, we are keeping some events, tweaking others, and offering some new ones. If there's an event you'd love that isn't offered, consider organizing your own in one of the Custom Matches slots (previously called Open Play).

Prizes will be awarded as usual.

If an event sells out, it is possible we will take an equivalent amount of generic tickets for that event. (This is particularly true with the Flex Tourney and the Custom Matches.)

We hope to see you there! (Well, most of you...)

Here's a handy list of events by day and time:

Thursday 11am-3:30pm
Flex Tourney
24 positions. Pre-drafted army (18 figure, 600 point limit). New matches start as old ones finish. Come & go as you please. Tourney winner decided by point-weighted drawing at the end.

Thursday 4-8:30pm
4x400
Open to all players, 16 positions. 4-round swiss tournament. Players bring 4 pre-drafted 400 point armies (18 figures max; No Marvel). No figure can be used in more than 1 army.

Bring 2 - 440
16 player, 4-round swiss tourney. Bring 2 440 point armies (no Marvel, 16 figure max). Dice-off winner chooses 1 of the 4 armies (theirs or their opponent's). Other player chooses from remaining 3.

Coalition War
16 player, 4-round swiss tourney. Bring a 500 point army (no Marvel, 18 figure max). Each army must include at least 50 points from at least 5 generals.

Thursday 9pm-1am
Custom Matches (Open Play)
Play however you like. 16 positions (we will take more with generic tickets). No structure required, just come and play. Customs welcome. AotP welcome. Prize support available for player organized events.

Learn to Play Heroscape (9-11pm)

Friday 10am-2:30pm
Assassination
16 player, 4-round swiss tourney. Bring a 500pt army with 3 or more unique heroes. (18 figure limit, no duplicate uncommons.) Before placement, choose an opponents hero. Destroy that hero to win.

Cluster Draft
16 player, 4 round swiss tourney. Players bring 3 140 to 160 point armies (7 hex limit, uniques used in an army cannot be used in another). Players draft the armies in a 1-2-1-1-1 format

Uniques Only
4-round, 16-player tournament. Bring a predrafted Heroscape army (16 figure, 600 point limit, No Marvel), using only unique figures (squads or heroes). No Uncommons.

Learn to Play Heroscape (10-noon and noon-2)

Friday 3pm-8:30pm
Main Event
Bring a 450pt army (18 figure limit, no Marvel). 48 positions. 5-round swiss style, with rounds 2 & 4 played Reverse the Whip (using your opponent's army). The top 16 players advance to Day 2.

Friday 9pm-1am
Custom Matches (Open Play)
Play however you like. 16 positions (we will take more with generic tickets). No structure required, just come and play. Customs welcome. AotP welcome. Prize support available for player organized events.

Learn to Play Heroscape (9-11pm)

Saturday 10am-2:30pm
Main Event Finals
Top 16 from Main Event, 4-round single elimination, with rounds 1 and 3 played Reverse the Whip (using your opponent's army).

4x300
16 players. 4-round swiss tournament. Players bring 4 pre-drafted 300 point armies (18 figure max, Marvel allowed). No figure can be used in more than 1 army.

Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers Tourney
6-round, 16-player friendly tournament. Bring a pre-drafted army (600 point limit) & spell deck (200 pt limit). Games will be played on 3-D (Heroscape) hex maps.

Learn to Play Heroscape (10-noon and noon-2)

Saturday 3pm-8:30
General Wars - Alliance
Bring a 18 hex 500pt army. All of your army must be from 1 of the following alliances: Jandar & Ullar & Valkrill, Utga r& Einar, Vydar & Aquilla. No more than 300 points from 1 general.

Sunday 9am-1pm
Team Up
4-round. 800 point army (12 hex, no Marvel), where each player must control within 2 hexes & 100 points of their teammate. Each player must buy a ticket (2 per team). 16 team slots (32 players)

Maps
Spoiler Alert!

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.

Last edited by Xorlof; June 9th, 2017 at 02:59 AM. Reason: added maps
Old May 25th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gencon 2017 Event Thread

Great! Really excited for the new main event format. I take it glyphs and maps will be announced soon as well?
Old May 25th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Does Uniques Only include Uncommon?
Old May 25th, 2017, 04:18 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Good question. No, only cards that actually say "unique". Sorry, hydra lovers.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old May 25th, 2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Great! Really excited for the new main event format. I take it glyphs and maps will be announced soon as well?
Glyphs will be similar (probably identical) to last year. (Magic event will be different, of course.)

We have a few people working on map selection. I don't expect that to be decided for another month or so. Nothing too unusual, though we may have a bit more space to work with this year.

Last edited by fomox; May 25th, 2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Yes, I know no one liked the bridge last year. Grumble grumble...:)
Old May 25th, 2017, 05:25 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. I prefer that.
Thanks fomox.
Old May 25th, 2017, 11:48 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thumbs Up

I greatly approve of this selection. Haven't quite solidified what I'm doing and I'm glad nothing I'm dying to play happens simultaneously. A good mix to satisfy a diverse group of Scapers. Look forward to it.

~Dysole, who does admit that Wendigo was aesthetically pleasing but in gameplay ended up making a chokepoint for range to dominate (e.g. Krav and Deathstalkers {mostly Krav} shouldn't be able to kill 4 Hydras with ease, sorry TurkeyClubSammich)
Old May 27th, 2017, 06:23 PM

Re: Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I greatly approve of this selection. Haven't quite solidified what I'm doing and I'm glad nothing I'm dying to play happens simultaneously. A good mix to satisfy a diverse group of Scapers. Look forward to it.

Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
~Dysole, who does admit that Wendigo was aesthetically pleasing but in gameplay ended up making a chokepoint for range to dominate (e.g. Krav and Deathstalkers {mostly Krav} shouldn't be able to kill 4 Hydras with ease, sorry TurkeyClubSammich)

Wait, that's an argument for why it was AWESOME...

Old May 28th, 2017, 11:44 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Good question. No, only cards that actually say "unique". Sorry, hydra lovers.
Boo!!!

Old May 28th, 2017, 12:12 PM

Hail Hydras!
Old May 28th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm in for the Main Event. Not sure what else.

Do, however, get your tickets earlier rather than later when you know what you want. In the past, GC has tracked how fast things sell as part of their bookkeeping. I'm glad to see a return of the Flex Tourney, which I thought was inspired use of the opening hours last year.

Fomox, you know where to reach me if you need anything.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 28th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Holy popular Learn to Play, Batman! Those are almost all gone and we're still in the initial wishlist processing time frame:
Attached Images
File Type: png tickets.png (79.8 KB, 7 views)

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con