Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Ohioscape Gencon Prep/Alternative Tourney - July 25

July 25

Dates, Time Location
July 25 (Sun), 3pm-8pm (come early to register so we can start at 3), 14605 Dora Drive, Newbury, OH (My Family's House)

Format
Gencon Maps, Rules, Scenarions as follows:
  • Open to all players. Players bring order markers, wound markers, dice, and figures & cards for pre-drafted armies for each format.
  • Gencon Championship swiss style tournament format for 3 rounds for all players - pre-drafted 510 point Heroscape (no Marvel) army that does not exceed 24 hexes
  • Top four players play 2 more rounds. Reinforcements will be 90, 110, or 130 points depending upon battle die roll (bring figures/cards for each reinforcements option).
  • Remaining players play 2 rounds of Heat of Battle with new pre-drafted 400 point Heroscape (no Marvel) army that does not exceed 24 hexes. bring armies for this even if you expect to win.
  • Ranking 1-4 comes from Championship, 5-x are ranked on all games: W/L, SOS, Points. You can come late or leave early if need be.
  • See Gencon Map post for maps.
  • Bring a prize to share if you want in on prize pool. Otherwise, no fees.

Check frequently for updates.

CONFIRMED ATTENDING:
  • Lefton4ya

POSSIBLE ATTENDING:
  • MattserTruckRally
  • Fedex worker
  • Fire Ninja
  • Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
  • Hendal
  • Darkness1717
  • Brownsfan82
  • The Whisperer

MAPS BROUGHT:
  • FULCRUM (1 SOTM, 1 TJ) -
  • FISSURE (1 RotV, 1 TT) -
  • JUST PASSING THROUGH (1 RotV, 1 RttFF) - Lefton4ya
  • JOTUN'S GAP (1 RotV, 1 BftU) -
  • WARDEN (1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 RttFF) -
  • FOSSIL (1 SOTM, 1 RttFF) -
  • MIDNIGHT LAGOON (1 SOTM, 1 BftU) - Lefton4ya
  • ELSWIN PLATEAU (1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 TJ)
  • RIFT VALLEY (1 SOTM, 1 RttFF, 1 VW) - Lefton4ya
  • INVASION (1 SotM, 1 TJ, 1 FotA

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 23rd, 2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Update
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Ohioscape Gencon Prep/Alternative Tourney - July xx, 201

This Tourney will either be to prep those going or as alternative for those who can't make it to Gencon. I know that KC put on an awesome tourney last month, but there can never be too much scape, right? Plus, all we would have to do to plan is pick one or maybe two of the Gencon events and run using the same rules, points, maps, etc.

So before we make any decisions such as locations and exact times, please submit which dates you could attend (in order of preference), and which are your favorite two Gencon events you would like to have (for those going to Gencon it would be the two you have least confidence in and most want to win), and whether you would like one event for a 5 round tourney, or two events, each 2-3 rounds. Look at the spoiler below and then copy and paste into this format with reply (you can also leave comments & explanations) and I will tally votes.
  • Date Preference: July xx, July xx, July xx, ...
  • Event 1st Preference: xx
  • Event 2nd Preference: xx
  • # Events: x Events ...

Preference Options:
Dates (Remember, Gencon is August 5-8):
  1. July 24 (Sat)
  2. July 25 (Sun)

LOCATIONS
  1. All American Cards & Comics in Warren (Have hosted us before)
  2. Wings Wheels & Waves in Massilon (New Game store)
  3. Diversions in Newbury (My FLGS)

Old Voting options (already decided)
Spoiler Alert!

Tally of Votes:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 6th, 2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Removed Canton Tourney Link/info
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:17 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Islandscape uses the GenCon Championship game format. It is on July 10th.
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:24 AM

I will go first:
  • Date Preference: July 18, July 19, July 10, July 11
  • Event 1st Preference: Heat of Battle
  • Event 2nd Preference: General Wars
  • # Events: 2

I will not be attending, so for me this is an "alternative" tourney. I have never played Heat of battle, so that is my #1, but it was hard to decide between the other formats.

Here is the first place I got this idea, although there are many more.
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:46 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think last year (or 2 years ago maybe....) Hendal put on a GenCon prep tourney in Canton that a lot of people went to.

It's about 50/50 whether I'd be able to make it. If I can come, it could only be the 10th or the 17th, and I'd like to do:

1) Main Event (510 with 90/110/130 reinforcements based on a die roll)
2) Heat of Battle (take turns placing cards on empty spaces non-adjacent from opponent's figures)
3) Treasure Quest (collect as many Treasure Glyphs as possible)

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 26th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Like KC said Hendal did this last year and it was a lot of fun. He was even cool enough to give my gf a glass sculpture for tagging along. /propstoHendal

He set up rounds 1-3 for the regular GenCon ME point format and then during rounds 4-5 he rolled for the overall reinforcement points. Ironically he rolled a skull. After I played that tournament I was settled on my choice since I had a competitive and fun army to play. It's also a way for people to play in the format that may not get a chance to go to GenCon which is kind of cool.

If you host it on a Saturday I'll be glad to see if the group is interested. I've got my army selections this year narrowed to two choices so I'd really like to bring my #1 current preference with me. In addition if others want to practice for other events and let me know ahead of time I'll bring some additional armies to use during downtime.

Grenade lobbyist

Last edited by MattserTruckRally; May 26th, 2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: GSW x 4, Nilf, Raelin
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:45 AM

So I guess everyone wants the main event 510 point for this tourney. That's cool, but do you guys think we should try for a second event the same day and have two incomplete 3 round tourneys or just only go with a 5 round main event tourney? I say we should give some variety both for people to prep and for those that aren't going, but that's just my vote. If we did go with two events, then main event would be 3 total rounds with only the third round bringing in reenforcements.

Also KC, did you list the right dates as those you mentioned are on Friday in July? You also listed 3 events, but I think that's a little ambitious for one day, unless we make the third event more optional for those that want to make a whole day of it, or only do like one round of each.
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

Also KC, did you list the right dates as those you mentioned are on Friday in July? You also listed 3 events, but I think that's a little ambitious for one day, unless we make the third event more optional for those that want to make a whole day of it, or only do like one round of each.
No - my dates are wrong. It should say the 10th and the 17th.

I didn't mean we'd play all 3 events in one day - those are just my preferences. However, I think it would be cool to do something like this:

1) Main Event tourney - 4 Rounds of Swiss at 510 Points, cut to Top 8 finishers and do a 3 round, single elimination tourney with those 8 players, adding in the reinforcements.

2) After the 4 Swiss rounds, everyone not in the Top 8 starts a new, 3 Round long Heat of Battle tournament, and the players that are eliminated in the single-elim final above can join in and play HoB for the remaining rounds (they would get byes for HoB).

So, it's a 7-Round tournament that's kind of two smaller tournaments in one. If we wanted to shorten it, we could cut to a Top 4 and do only 2 rounds of HoB play, or just shorten the time limit to 40 minute rounds or something. We'd do prizes based on the combined records, but the Top 8 after 4 rounds would be the Top 8 finishers - the HoB tournament is the "loser's bracket", if you will.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 26th, 2010, 02:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Oh yeah and I know for sure I cannot do July 10th.

Grenade lobbyist

Last edited by MattserTruckRally; May 26th, 2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: due the dew
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Well I can make it to any day so I don't really care. However, I would like to try a Heat of Battle format as I have never played this. Also, I think General Wars would be pretty fun. I don't really care what the other is
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:42 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Any saturday is fine for me. I like the main event format. If we have it, I would like 6 rounds: 4 rounds with 510 army and 2 rounds with reinforcements based on die roll.

Just my idea. I'll play any scape anytime

Old May 26th, 2010, 06:02 PM

Fire Ninja Woo who?

If I could come I'd like July 24, July 25.

I'd like to try 1) Mixed Marvel and 2) Dragon Wars.
But I'm open to any of the choices.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events