Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 8th, 2018, 03:26 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Freddy Krueger (Vote for Initial PT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Why are you adding the OM numbers? Seems needlessly complicating (I know, ironic to come from me, right?) Just adjust the numbers to what standard you want them to be, drop that part about adding, and go with whichever clause for Telepaths, Fearless, and Mental Shield you prefer.
I've stated a few times why.

It's for thematic, strategic, and balance purposes. Thematically, Freddy would be more effective against someone if they've sat there for 2-3 turns vs. someone who has sat there for 0-1. Strategically, it means you have to decide whether you want to strike early to catch a key figure before they move, at the risk of less success probability, or wait a 2-3 turns to have a higher accuracy if they still haven't acted yet. Balance wise, it gives the opponent an opportunity to move a key figure or two before getting hit by Freddy at his best.
Old February 8th, 2018, 03:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

of the two options I think I like B better...giving those figures the ability to block the re-roll seems like a better deal than subtracting from the roll 2x.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd also be fine with Option B. I'd like to look into splitting it up, the "Freddy stays on his card" stuff for one power, the "hunt you in your dreams" power on the other.

I'd recommend dropping Fearless because, as you mentioned, having no dear doesn't mean a dude in your head with a razor claw can't hurt. And I'd recommend dropping Telepaths because, honestly, Telepathy cuts both ways - for every "I can use my mind to fight you off" scene there's also a "oh no my brain is extra sensitive to this evil energy" scene. Mental Shield is our go-to "tag" for these sorts of powers.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:13 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'd be fine with splitting it up to make it easier/simpler to read. I had tried figuring out how to do that myself in the past with the design with no luck, but I'm sure @Ronin can make it happen.

I'd also be fine with just simplifying to Mental Shield and going with Option B.

Which as it stands, would read as such:

Quote:
FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger starts the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. While Freddy is on this card and not destroyed, you may still reveal Order Markers on this card. When you do, instead of taking a turn with Freddy, you may choose an opponent's figure on the battlefield that has not moved or attacked this round and roll the 20-sided die, adding the number of the highest revealed numbered Order Marker on this card to your roll.
• If you roll 5 or lower, immediately place Freddy on a space adjacent to the chosen figure, if possible;
• If you roll 6-10, Freddy receives 1 wound;
• If you roll 11-18, the chosen figure receives 1 wound;
• If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.
After rolling, if the chosen figure does not have the Mental Shield special power, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card to re-roll the 20-sided die.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd do this. A bit weird (as the first power is kind of a non-power) but I think it works.

FREDDY’S COMING FOR YOU
Freddy Krueger starts the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. While Freddy is on this card and not destroyed, you may still reveal Order Markers on this card.

POWER B
If Freddy is on his card and not destroyed, instead of taking a turn with him, you may choose an opponent's figure on the battlefield that has not moved or attacked this round and roll the 20-sided die, adding the number of the highest revealed numbered Order Marker on this card to your roll.
• If you roll 5 or lower, immediately place Freddy on a space adjacent to the chosen figure, if possible;
• If you roll 6-10, Freddy receives 1 wound;
• If you roll 11-18, the chosen figure receives 1 wound;
• If you roll 19 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.
After rolling, if the chosen figure does not have the Mental Shield special power, you may reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card to re-roll the 20-sided die.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:48 PM

Works for me. I’ll figure out the naming and get it updated. Anybody ready to vote? 23rd time is the charm.

I propose a vote to move to Initial Playtesting.
@Ronin
@johnny139
@japes
@Yodaking
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

yea

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 8th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Yea
Old February 8th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Wow. Busy couple days.

yea
Old February 8th, 2018, 06:06 PM

Tough one to nail down. It’s important to me to get it right and I appreciate everyone helping.
Old February 8th, 2018, 06:34 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'd also be fine with Option B. I'd like to look into splitting it up, the "Freddy stays on his card" stuff for one power, the "hunt you in your dreams" power on the other.

I'd recommend dropping Fearless because, as you mentioned, having no dear doesn't mean a dude in your head with a razor claw can't hurt. And I'd recommend dropping Telepaths because, honestly, Telepathy cuts both ways - for every "I can use my mind to fight you off" scene there's also a "oh no my brain is extra sensitive to this evil energy" scene. Mental Shield is our go-to "tag" for these sorts of powers.
I strongly disagree on Telepath. We didn't give people like Jean, Prof. X, and Emma Mental Shield, but by your logic, they should totally have it. If Charles Xavier can't combat Freddy in the Dream World, then literally no one should be able to.
And if you feel it must be down to one, I'd actually prefer Telepath over Mental Shield. From a thematic stand point, who should be more capable of combating Freddy in the Dream World: Magneto, Baron Zemo, Doctor Doom, and Juggernaut, or Psyclocke, Prof. X, Emma Frost, and Jean Grey?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 8th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Mental Shield immunity makes more sense to me than Telepath immunity.

I don't think the theme behind Mental Shield figures being immune is 'these guys can fight back against Freddy', it's 'Freddy can't get at them'. (Though in that vein, really, he just shouldn't be able to choose Mental Shield figures, instead of being able to go after them but not re-roll)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library