Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
The Book of Deathbird

The Book of Deathbird

C3G MARVEL WAVE 24
THEY CAME FROM BEYOND!

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Wolverine and the X-Men set.
Its model number and name are #023 / Deathbird.

Character Bio - Cal'syee Neramani is the oldest of the four Neramani children to the ruling house of the Shi'ar Imperium. Despite this she was denied right to rule the Shi'ar due to a prophecy that declared that she would commit great evil. She was exiled after murdering her sister and mother in order to seize the throne. Cal'syee fled to Earth where she took the name Deathbird. Deathbird was an enemy of the original Ms. Marvel, and has fought her several times. (comicvine.com, 2014)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • N/A
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:45 PM. Reason: png
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:03 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deathbird - Design Phase

NAME = DEATHBIRD
SECRET IDENTITY = CAL'SYEE NERAMANI

SPECIES = SHI'AR
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = EXILE
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 240

BERSERKER FRENZY
After taking a turn with Deathbird, if she is engaged, you must immediately, if possible, reveal and remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card to take another turn with Deathbird.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Viegon; May 22nd, 2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:03 PM

COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

FIGURE PICS:
Spoiler Alert!

FIGURE BACKGROUND:
Spoiler Alert!

Alright, first couple questions:
1) What class should she have? "Outcast" was what I originally posted, but I remember someone suggesting "Empress" at one point. I'd be fine with either.
2) Should Berserker Frenzy work off of all OMs or just numbered OMs? I worry numbered OMs would make her too weak, but allowing her to use the "X" would make her pretty scary.
3) Should she need to reveal the OM when removing it? What's the ruling on removing OMs, do you have to reveal it to your opponent even if the power doesn't say to?

Last edited by Viegon; April 21st, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:35 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

The only potential issue I see is with stacking removed OMs giving you three full turns on turn 1.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
The only potential issue I see is with stacking removed OMs giving you three full turns on turn 1.
That's actually the intent. The thing is, it's a tricky power. Even if you do pull off the triple turn like you want, that means your opponent gets to take a triple turn right after that because you're now out of OMs (unless you can take out units who have OMs). Also, you can't choose to activate it or not, it's hard to control. Imagine a scenario where your opponent gets initiative and uses Jean Grey to toss Deathbird (who has all three OMs) next to Blob; you now get stuck burning all three of those turns slashing away at Blob who will likely be able to block the attacks, and then your opponent gets to take their other two turns without opposition.

The point of the power is for it to have dangerous potential but to also be very tricky to use, occasionally backfiring and hurting you more then helping. In short, to capture the theme of a berserker who, while very dangerous, can mess up your plans due to their wild nature.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would avoid Outcast for sure, since she was never in the Brotherhood.

Between her javelin throwing and her energy cannon, it seems like she should have some range.

I like a nice one power card. I'd side with only letting her use numbered Order Markers unless you get her to playtesting and she seems too weak. Of course, I'm not sure if her stats support 220 right now, so you might want to do it preemptively.

She's definitely a first-strike, assassin type, who'll probably be killed off after one furious assault.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd lower her Life to 4 and up her Defense... the Shi'ar have hollow bones which has always seemed to push more toward low life even among superhumans. Wouldn't be against staying as-is but I'll suggest the change anyways.

I'd let her move on the X, too - it would be strong but she's a big enough threat in-universe to warrant that sort of power, I think. She's Ms. Marvel's biggest enemy and was consort to Vulcan.

She's definitely best as some sort of "Outcast" class-wise. I don't have a problem with her staying there as she has a history of being an X-Men villain even if she's never explicitly been a Brotherhood member. I think "Exile" might work as she was, well, exiled from the Shi'ar... if we don't like the synergy.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:28 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't like the synergy. Exile works for me. Good points on lower life and higher defense.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:33 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

While I like her being a single power card, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to just make her energy cannon a Special Attack.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'd lower her Life to 4 and up her Defense... the Shi'ar have hollow bones which has always seemed to push more toward low life even among superhumans. Wouldn't be against staying as-is but I'll suggest the change anyways.
I'd be fine with 4 life and 5 defense, doesn't matter much to me either way.

Quote:
I'd let her move on the X, too - it would be strong but she's a big enough threat in-universe to warrant that sort of power, I think. She's Ms. Marvel's biggest enemy and was consort to Vulcan.
Good point thematically; my preference is to start the initial with the X usable and we can always adjust it later if it's showing too strong.

Quote:
She's definitely best as some sort of "Outcast" class-wise. I don't have a problem with her staying there as she has a history of being an X-Men villain even if she's never explicitly been a Brotherhood member. I think "Exile" might work as she was, well, exiled from the Shi'ar... if we don't like the synergy.
I'd be fine with Exile, it fits her character perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Between her javelin throwing and her energy cannon, it seems like she should have some range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
While I like her being a single power card, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to just make her energy cannon a Special Attack.
She has a javelin and an energy cannon? She's never used a weapon in any of the comics I've read with her in it (and that's both X-Men and Ms. Marvel). Maybe just different periods of the character, but to me she is iconically known for her hand-to-hand fighting style and the use of her claws. I also don't like what range or an SA would do to the design, it takes away from her berserker playstyle. On top of that, the mini is definitely not carrying any weapons.

Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'll echo that she should stay melee, too.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 02:55 PM

Going off of Wikipedia on that one:

Quote:
Aside from her natural physical advantages, Deathbird is a formidably trained warrior of great skill and cunning, having trained the likes of Gladiator. She is also skilled at hurling javelins. She uses a variety of javelins, some of which are designed for specific offensive effects. She carries the javelins as eight-inch (203 mm) quills on twin wrist-bands; when removed from its sheath, a quill will telescope to about four times its original length. Her standard javelin can be used as a spear-like projectile to wound or kill her foes. She has also used a javelin that emits noxious, acrid fumes upon impact. Some of Deathbird's javelins are so designed that when their tips touch they emit a powerful, repeating 35,000 volt electrical charge.

Deathbird has also used other equipment of Shi'ar design, including battle armor, and a large, advanced, one-woman energy cannon.
She's not a character I've read in anything.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library