Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 6th, 2009, 12:58 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Nikita Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I'd also agree that the newly placed Zombie is subject to an Engagements Strike. As would be a newly placed Divider.

And now comes the totally awesome and incredibly unlikely best case scenario - A Divider engages a Nakita, gets kicked in the face by the Nakita, but gets the Divide roll. Then the newly placed Divider lands next to the Nakita, gets kicked in the face, Divides, etc...
I hope I am never the poor soul delivering those kicks!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 6th, 2009, 09:02 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
I'd also agree that the newly placed Zombie is subject to an Engagements Strike. As would be a newly placed Divider.

And now comes the totally awesome and incredibly unlikely best case scenario - A Divider engages a Nakita, gets kicked in the face by the Nakita, but gets the Divide roll. Then the newly placed Divider lands next to the Nakita, gets kicked in the face, Divides, etc...
I hope I am never the poor soul delivering those kicks!
Unfortunately, Cell Divide only works against normal and special attacks, so getting "kicked in the face" doesn't trigger it. I used to think I could disengage Dividers with the hope of getting the divide, but it's not to be.

In other news, I'd agree that the Nakita gets a chance to kick the converted Zombie / reborn Divider in the face.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 6th, 2009, 01:11 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Good point. I've only played the Dividers once so I didn't remember if it was just damage or not.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

D'oh! I should have known better than that. Thanks, kc

Old November 6th, 2009, 03:53 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
D'oh! I should have known better than that. Thanks, kc
No problem - your post has officially made me call Engagement Strike "kicked in the face" from now on, at least for the Nakita Agents.

For {Admiral} Arkmer, I'll always just yell "It's a Trap!"

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:00 PM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We also sometimes just call it the "Wat'CHAAA!"

Old November 6th, 2009, 07:55 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I'd agree that the Nakita gets a chance to kick the converted Zombie / reborn Divider in the face.
Fail. Unless I'm misunderstanding you. Engagement Strike says "When any opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to. . ."

Dividing and Zombing are not "moving," so no face-kicking.

EDIT: I just saw that I'm going up against KC, Cheddar, and Necro, but this seems really clear-cut to me. The ability says "moves adjacent." Are we really counting Dividing as Moving? That seems really wrong to me.
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM

greenless is surprisingly tart

^^ I agree with that. moving entails starting a a movement on one space and ending on another space(that just happens to be adjacent to a nikita for our argument)

Appearing or becoming a new entity is NOT movement. The divider could be argued that it is actually half of the original divder moving, i might buy that, maybe. The Zombie in no way moves at all let alone moves to a space adjacent to the nikita when it converts from enemy to your friendly neighborhood undead.
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Except for like, spasmodic twitching maybe.
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:24 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The powers for Divide and Zombies Rise Again say to "place" the reborn unit; placing has been determined to equal moving. Otherwise, Engagement Strike wouldn't affect things like Carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the Book of the Nakita Agents
Engagement Strike 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
The Nakitas get to roll for engagement strike if a figure is summoned, thrown, or otherwise placed adjacent to them.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; November 6th, 2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old November 6th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Jared is right - Placing = Moving.

So, in conclusion: A Divider placed as a result of Cell Divide (Or a Zombie placed as a result of ZRA) next to a Nakita IS subject to an Engagement Strike, but the Engagement Strike itself would not trigger another subsequent Cell Divide.

Old November 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM

Huh. Thanks for setting me straight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's