Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old April 14th, 2007, 04:38 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by fejkl
I have an interesting problem with VS. Whenever I save the picture as a bmp file and open Paint to view the saved bmp, the entire paint background is black, eith no map anywhere to be seen.

What gives?
Unfortunatly, you are not alone to have this problem but I don't understand. At home this is ok on all my computer. Be sure that the 3D view is open when you click save as picture.
A workaround is to open the 3D View and clic Alt+Print screen
Then you can open mspaint, paste the image and save it.
Sorry to don't know how to correct this bug now.
Old April 15th, 2007, 10:23 PM

Lynx7725 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz
Yes, the color shift prob was fixed in 1.0.2.5
For problem with saving tile (I suppose personal tile) I will search and fix it in next version.
I will make a diagram to try to explain in some day. I'm too busy this last time.
Sure, no problem with the diagram. It's not critical at the moment.

The tile saving issue is with the "Available Collection --> Tiles List Owned", where you save your personal collection. For some reason, I don't see it upating my collection file (unless you do it on exit of program, in which case I might not have noticed it). I face this on two (quite different) PCs, so likely not hardware-related

As fejkl's issue, I do encounter a black/white situation.. I see if I can screen cap it. But I think it's more of a graphics card/ graphics setting issue, since I encounter it on my work machine which has fairly low graphics spec.
Old April 15th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
I doesn't update in the add sets screen, but once you close the screen and go to the tile palette, the next tile you select should reset the available material to the correct values.

I know I've seen it do this.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old April 30th, 2007, 08:56 PM

Adam has disabled reputation
Mine is still in french, and I distincly selected the english version, the file even has the name "Virtualscape English"

can I change it, or just redownload?

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:09 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
In another thread, Zzzzz said, "I'm working on the online game version of VirtualScape..."

That's great! Any updates, Zzzzz?

H
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:20 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
In another thread, Zzzzz said, "I'm working on the online game version of VirtualScape..."

H
Be sure I'm working on online game version. An update as been release to beta tester. This beta version doesn't permit to play but just to connect, receive the battlefield, choose your army. But now, no register beta tester answer to me to make a test. So I'm waiting for that. If you want be add to the beta tester list, just send me a mail and you will receive this beta version.
Thanks for your interest.
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Mine is still in french, and I distincly selected the english version, the file even has the name "Virtualscape English"

can I change it, or just redownload?
Be sure that if you create a shortcut, the working directory is correctly filled. In fact, the language is in the file language.dll
If this file is in the correct directory this must be good. If the name of the file is language_uk.dll, you need to rename it language.dll.

Hope this can help you
Zzzzz
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:35 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba

H
Be sure I'm working on online game version. An update as been release to beta tester. This beta version doesn't permit to play but just to connect, receive the battlefield, choose your army. But now, no register beta tester answer to me to make a test. So I'm waiting for that. If you want be add to the beta tester list, just send me a mail and you will receive this beta version.
Thanks for your interest.
Z, I only saw you once on Saturday on MSN, but I couldn't get a response out of you. I will continue to look for you on weekends, but me having two little kids and limited computer time, I am probably not the best person to help you test (especially considering our time zone difference). I hope you can get someone in France to help you test - perhaps from the french scapers site? You must go forward with this - the figures look SO good and real on the map... But please find someone other than me to help test during your development. 3+ years ago, I'd have been all over this, but life has changed

H
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Hi Homba,

I understand why your life has changed. For me life has change 18 month ago with my little girl "Leana". I know that you understand also that my computer time is limited
I already make a test with a french scapers so I know all what I need for this time. When you send me the message, I wasn't front of my pc (I don't remember but perhaps I was sleeping).
Thanks and you will continue to receive beta version. I hope we will play together (on internet or face to face. If you plan to come in france, you are welcome)
I'm going in holiday for 10 days so you don't will see me connected until 27 may.

Bye and come back play with your childs
Old May 18th, 2007, 02:42 AM
has been BANNED

Understood, Z. Anything I can do to test (when time permits) and report back to you the results and/or comments, I would gladly do. Will look forward to future updates of the beta. Congrats on your daughter - mine are 2.5 years, and 4 months! Enjoy your holiday.

H
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:07 AM

theats has disabled reputation
so does this game version run on a server?

Theophilus.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:59 AM

Gedinblackbar has disabled reputation
Quote:
Hi Homba,

Thanks and you will continue to receive beta version. I hope we will play together (on internet or face to face. If you plan to come in france, you are welcome)
I'm going in holiday for 10 days so you don't will see me connected until 27 may.
Hey Zzzzz,

I tried downloading VirtualScape from the link on your signature, but my work firewall won't let me access it cause it says your site is P0rn...

Do you have the English file for download stored somewhere else? I tried downloading it at home, but 39 Mb on a dialup will take 11 hours...

Thanks,
Gedin

“If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a whole lot of lottery tickets.”
--Me

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software