Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old July 8th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Silver Surfer

The Book of Silver Surfer

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.
    The 'S' symbol in the lower left-hand corner of the card signifies this figure has Superstrength. A figure with Superstrength is immune to Falling and Major Falling; the figure is not immune to Extreme Falling however. A figure with Superstrength is also able to ignore any abilities a destructible object has that would give it automatic shields. (Firemaster)

- COSMIC BLAST : Seeing removed Order Markers
    If I get to remove an order Marker on an Army Card because of Cosmic Force Blast Special Attack, do I get to see what the order marker was once I remove it?
    No. It stays hidden from view until the point in the round when it would have come into play. It is then revealed, and the player that owns that order marker would obviously lose that turn. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
Marvel:
  • TBA
Classic:
  • TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
Marvel:
  • N/A
Classic:
  • - 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus[list:bc01998a1c]* Having a Valiant personality, Silver Surfer may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY
    DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line for proper application.
[/list:u:bc01998a1c]
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:39 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
(My may change when I get the figure)

Silver Surfer: Good stats. Could hold up well. Has chance of moving 11 spaces per turn. A-

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old July 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Hyper Speed... hmm...

You know, this guy would go well with some 4th Mass.

Silver Surfer - 320
4th Massachusetts Line x 2 - 140
Marcu Esenwein - 20

Send Marcu in first and wait until he dies. Once he does, set up the Linesmen on a hill, and send the Surfer out to cause general mayhem at the advancing line.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:12 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
This guy, Red Skull, Thanos, and Captain America are my top four from Marvelscape, in that order I think.
Old July 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Definitely the one I want the most as well.

EDIT: okay, I have an actual question. Is the Hyper Speed movement a flat value like the rats' Scatter, or can the Surfer double-dip on road, glyphs, etc.?
Old July 17th, 2007, 05:31 AM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Definitely the one I want the most as well.

EDIT: okay, I have an actual question. Is the Hyper Speed movement a flat value like the rats' Scatter, or can the Surfer double-dip on road, glyphs, etc.?
Very good question to ask. I would say yes. I mean you don't actually move 11 spaces in a single turn. You move 6 and then an additional 5 after the turn. So 9 spaces on a road and 8 which is 17 means a lot of road would need to be present. Also to contradict what I say because I try to attack it from both sides I can see an argument being that he never really touches the ground. He is constantly flying which means he wouldn't get the bonus. Hmmm I debate myself rather well I think...

Old July 17th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
After taking a turn with Silver Surfer, Silver Surfer may move up to an additional 5 spaces.
They put a limit on it right there. You get up to 5 spaces, no more. It's a static movement - absolutely.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 17th, 2007, 07:44 PM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
ProSpecT wrote:
Quote:
Also to contradict what I say because I try to attack it from both sides I can see an argument being that he never really touches the ground. He is constantly flying which means he wouldn't get the bonus. Hmmm I debate myself rather well I think...
I've been wondering about this for some time now...does SS need to roll for lava damage? Does he have to move slower over snow? I would say that he doesn't, but I'm sure there are those that would disagree simply on the basis that that would entail him having a special set of movement rules unique to his character.

However, the "power cosmic" is unique to SS and he is the only figure that has been crafted to be hovering above his base.
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:47 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
He's flying over the snow - heavy snow is an obstacle, like the ruin. Same with lava - he flies over it as well. Now if he decides to land on a lava tile, to hold a glyph, or w/e, then he's subject to the damage. Having a surfboard and a plastic stem below him on the sculpt doesn't change the official flying rules any.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 17th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
After taking a turn with Silver Surfer, Silver Surfer may move up to an additional 5 spaces.
They put a limit on it right there. You get up to 5 spaces, no more. It's a static movement - absolutely.
Thanks.

Now that I think about it, the Classic special powers offer some interesting possibilities for an urban-themed superhero-- make him a slow walker, give him Road/Wallwalk Strength, then a reliable Tarn Vikings style "move again" power so he can get that double road bonus and jump in and out of water. Road Strength on a figure with a ranged normal attack could be cool.
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:00 PM

I agree - there should be some fun stuff with that. I gave my Gotham Crimelord strength on street tiles (I'll have to change that to asphault in the wording one of these days, though).

Old July 20th, 2007, 12:35 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
He's flying over the snow - heavy snow is an obstacle, like the ruin. Same with lava - he flies over it as well. Now if he decides to land on a lava tile, to hold a glyph, or w/e, then he's subject to the damage. Having a surfboard and a plastic stem below him on the sculpt doesn't change the official flying rules any.
Okay, I really do like to stick to the official rules and all. Honest. However, this is one time when I think that the limitations on how much text can be crammed onto a card would warrant an "unofficial" house rule. Essentially, what I mean to say is that, while I realize that this isn't the holographic chess C-3PO plays against Chewbacca in Star Wars, meaing that the actual static sculpt can't climb off it's board or land, I really, truly don't think SS would dismount his board during combat. Moreover, I believe that, if he stopped over lava and dismounted so he could stand in it, he is, more or less, either suicidal or mentally retarded. Or both. His board is the source of his powers, after all. (Maybe if he's mindshackled...hmmmmm?)

Again, I don't think he should take 2 movement when stopping over snow, which the rules dictate as "landing" for flyers, for the above reason. He just wouldn't ever willingly dismount his board during combat.

As far as holding a glyph is concerned, couldn't the SS simply hover above the glyph and absorb it's power and channel it through his board?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic. I simply think a lava resistant SS makes sense, that's all. Who's willing to wager that they might not get that power to fit on Thing's card either. If it works for the Obsidians...

Also, is it possible that hasbro has simply failed to include immunity to lava etc. on the list with the falling immunity the "S" symbol entails?

Anyway, I really do respect everyone's right to disagree with me. This is just my planned house rule. SS has such a high movement ratio that I doubt it will come into play often anyhow.

Soberman

Now Playing: Midnight Oil Blue Sky Mining

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's