Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!
Forsaken Cloister 3 7.50%
Arborshate's Pathway 1 2.50%
By a Common Barrier 0 0%
Ruined Pier 4 10.00%
The Great Wall of Valhalla 12 30.00%
Desecrated Mine 10 25.00%
Hephaestus 2 5.00%
Valda Keep 2 5.00%
Stalwart 3 7.50%
From the Ashes 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 31st, 2016, 11:17 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Quick question: Can we use BftU/Marvel as expansion sets? Or are they set at master sets?

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:21 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quick question: Can we use BftU/Marvel as expansion sets? Or are they set at master sets?
Just talked with Sir Heroscape and he also agreed that we should use BftU and Marvel as expansions.

I will ask @Sir Heroscape to add that to the OP.
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:40 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
EDIT: Oh hell no. Too much competition, I am out.
Just joking right? I didn’t mean to scare you off…it was more out of an effort to get the word out to the community of cartographers who might not otherwise be aware of it. Help the contest get some traction…ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
That's a bit of an oddball, tagging me in a list of mapmakers.
I apologize, I was just taking from Dignan’s list of Cartographers that he has on a Sticky in the Maps thread. I tagged all the most active members instead of the whole list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Uncapped castle walls are a great LOS blocker while keeping ranged flyers at bay. I think they are great for making maps and have done so with many of mine.
Agreed. Continue on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Just talked with Sir Heroscape and he also agreed that we should use BftU and Marvel as expansions.

I will ask @Sir Heroscape to add that to the OP.
Added to the OP

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 31st, 2016, 12:24 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
Nice work @Tornado ! Don't forget to send one of the judges the build instructions. I am excited to try that map out.
Old August 31st, 2016, 12:59 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I still need to place Glyphs, start zones and maybe add some battlements for flavor but that is roughly where I am at.

Not sure how balanced it is. Considering a permanent Move Glyph at the Fortress Door and Treasure Glyphs on the sand hexes. Uses everything from RotV and Forest and all the tiles and a decent amount of walls from Castle.

Interesting exercise as I have never attempted to build with limits and for something 'official' though I always tried for balance in maps with SZs. We mostly play drop placement these days.

EDIT: Is there a way to post the VS file or do I just need to 'take a pic' of each level for the build instructions?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 31st, 2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:

EDIT: Is there a way to post the VS file or do I just need to 'take a pic' of each level for the build instructions?
@Sir Heroscape will know the answer to that one.
Old August 31st, 2016, 01:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
I still need to place Glyphs, start zones and maybe add some battlements for flavor but that is roughly where I am at.

Not sure how balanced it is. Considering a permanent Move Glyph at the Fortress Door and Treasure Glyphs on the sand hexes. Uses everything from RotV and Forest and all the tiles and a decent amount of walls from Castle.

Interesting exercise as I have never attempted to build with limits and for something 'official' though I always tried for balance in maps with SZs. We mostly play drop placement these days.

I always upload the VS file to a site like mediafire. Then you can just link the download of it in your post. That is an easy route.
If you upload the VS file you can print out the instructions through virtualscape. If you do it that way tornado, multiple judges can at least build it and try it out.

@Sir Heroscape, agreed on the marvel and underdark expansions.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 31st, 2016, 02:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Cool. I'll see if I can come up with something for you guys. I'm really tempted to use a castle set for the theme (ruins), but then they are hard to balance for all armies. Uncapped wall sections might be the compromise.
Old August 31st, 2016, 02:21 PM

BftU as an expansion is incredibly tempting. I may have to try an alternate.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 31st, 2016, 03:18 PM

Remember, you can submit up to two entries.
Old August 31st, 2016, 09:02 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Like All Your Pie, I'm also surprised to get a call here as a mapmaker, but I'll certainly try to contribute something here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games