Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 30th, 2019, 08:00 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Custom Unit Playtesting Exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Well met!

For simplicity’s sake, I need to add language saying that the attack comes from Rania, although it’s really coming from Ullar from afar/above, so additional language could be added to negate higher advantage. In any event, Rania may reveal the X Marker immediately upon the destruction of the WoA, and make a 3 dice attack against all the KoW within 2 spaces of the destroyed figure. Then any surviving KoW may make their attacks.

Are you hoping to submit Rania to the SoV? Because I'm fairly certain that the way that power works would create some significant issues. @Scytale could describe why it's problematic better than I could, but it seems that most types of turn interruption (especially for rolling attack dice multiple times) creates rules issues. I think you could keep the same theme, simplify it, and avoid headaches by changing it to a D-20 roll for everyone within 2 spaces of the destroyed figure. I could also see someone arguing that there should be a limitation on where it works (destroyed figure has to be within 4 clear sight spaces of Rania.

I am happy to playtest it as is though.

Edit: I probably should've posted this in your customs thread, so if you want to talk more about the powers, just tag me in a post on your customs thread and we can discuss it more there.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 30th, 2019, 08:18 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I absolutely don't mind discussion on customs here, one of the main reasons for me starting this thread was to get the personal customs more attention. To that effect I think it would be good to at least also move these discussion into personal custom threads so that it brings more attention and discussion to those personal custom threads.

Just my Carry on everyone!
Old December 30th, 2019, 08:59 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Are you hoping to submit Rania to the SoV? Because I'm fairly certain that the way that power works would create some significant issues. @Scytale could describe why it's problematic better than I could, but it seems that most types of turn interruption (especially for rolling attack dice multiple times) creates rules issues.
Doing any attack out of turn is a no-no. There are too many defensive powers that rely on the turn structure, as well as some other powers and effects.
Old December 31st, 2019, 12:00 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Let’s go with

ULLAR’S RETRIBUTION
Range 8, Attack 3
Immediately after an opponent’s turn during which a friendly figure that follows Ullar is destroyed, Rania may reveal the X Marker and attack with Ullar’s Retribution. Choose an opponent’s unit within 8 clear sight spaces of Rania. That unit and all units adjacent to it are affected by Ullar’s Retribution. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected units. Each affected unit rolls defense dice separately. Affected units cannot receive any defense bonuses for height advantage.

Old December 31st, 2019, 02:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:

Well met!

Let’s go with

ULLAR’S RETRIBUTION
Range 8, Attack 3
Immediately after an opponent’s turn during which a friendly figure that follows Ullar is destroyed, Rania may reveal the X Marker and attack with Ullar’s Retribution. Choose an opponent’s unit within 8 clear sight spaces of Rania. That unit and all units adjacent to it are affected by Ullar’s Retribution. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected units. Each affected unit rolls defense dice separately. Affected units cannot receive any defense bonuses for height advantage.

I think your wording is good and it looks like it takes care of any possible out of turn no nos but wow. This is very powerful. Range 8 bomb as a free attack outside regular turns. Getting to do a regular attack is pretty good in this situation. Just throwing my pennies here. The idea looks sound, just might want to dial back the power level.
Edit; also what is the power source for using a range 8 bomb? Is it a magical fireball? The name power doesnt do a great job describing it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 1st, 2020, 11:00 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Happy New Year!

The attack is indeed magical - a literal bolt from the blue - this target’s loss of height advantage. Rania invokes Ullar.

I hear you as to power. Once a Round mitigates it quite a bit. Applying only to Ullar figures mitigates it even more. It’s far from overwhelming in practice. The Orcs still rule.

If you play Rania, I think you’ll find her very helpful for Ullar without being over powered. Feel free to suggest a higher price.

@Flash_19 , Agent Dashe is a bit of a glass cannon. Played a few games with her. Her triple attack Special can be devastating, Lethal Blade icing on the cake, but she’ll rarely get to use it more than once before dying. So far, haven’t used “during” movement; with no Disengage, might just as well make it a simple triple attack Special.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 1st, 2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2020, 12:53 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Well met!

Happy New Year!

The attack is indeed magical - a literal bolt from the blue - this target’s loss of height advantage. Rania invokes Ullar.

I hear you as to power. Once a Round mitigates it quite a bit. Applying only to Ullar figures mitigates it even more. It’s far from overwhelming in practice. The Orcs still rule.

If you play Rania, I think you’ll find her very helpful for Ullar without being over powered. Feel free to suggest a higher price.

@Flash_19 , Agent Dashe is a bit of a glass cannon. Played a few games with her. Her triple attack Special can be devastating, Lethal Blade icing on the cake, but she’ll rarely get to use it more than once before dying. So far, haven’t used “during” movement; with no Disengage, might just as well make it a simple triple attack Special.

Yeah, she was designed that way. Thanks for that feedback. The first version of Agent Dashe did have Disengage and Phantom walk - but she felt too much like Kumiko or Moriko. Adding Lethal blade along with removing Phantom Walk/Disengage have felt like good changes to distinguish Dashe from the two ninjas. Let me know if you have any other thoughts on her!

I should get to Rania today or Saturday. I'll keep you posted!

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old January 3rd, 2020, 10:39 AM

Well met!

Ran Rania, Moriko, Armocs x 2 vs. Tornak, Dashe, Heavy Gruts x 2. Able to set up third turn/first turn Arcane Special to do major damage to Rania and Moriko. Pretty much all you do with her to minimize her exposure.

I suggest, when testing Rania, reducing the range for Ullar’s Retribution to 4, limiting its target to a single figure, and renaming it Ullar’s Fire.

ULLAR’S FIRE
When a friendly figure that follows Ullar is destroyed within 4 spaces of Rania during an opponent’s turn, immediately at the end of that turn Rania may make a 3-dice attack on any opponent’s figure within 4 spaces of Rania. The targeted figure may not receive any defense bonuses for height advantage.

Her reroll power encourages her to fight, but Ullar’s Retribution encourages her to stand off. These changes will reemphasize her focus as a fighter.

Old January 3rd, 2020, 12:09 PM

Well met!

After further consideration, let’s go with

ULLAR’S FIRE
At the end of an opponent’s turn in which a friendly figure that follows Ullar is destroyed within 5 clear sight spaces of Rania, choose an opponent’s figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Rania, and roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

In line with Commander’s Strike, and no height issues. No X Marker needed either.

Old January 4th, 2020, 11:17 AM

Well met!

For consistency’s sake:

ULLAR’S LIGHT
When Rania attacks, you may reroll as many attack dice as did not show skulls as there are friendly figures that follow Ullar within 5 spaces of Rania, up to a maximum of three.

Old January 5th, 2020, 01:03 AM

Quote:

Well met!

For consistency’s sake:

ULLAR’S LIGHT
When Rania attacks, you may reroll as many attack dice as did not show skulls as there are friendly figures that follow Ullar within 5 spaces of Rania, up to a maximum of three.

Here's my playtest report for Rania!

Old January 7th, 2020, 10:18 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Looking for a test exchange for Breach. Any army type will do (with or w/o Talingul).

Good to test any unit, even repeats are fine. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards