Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 30th, 2015, 10:42 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Petition Hasbro/WotC to reboot Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Meanwhile at Hasbro, they are saying, "We are giving them Heroscape 2.0 in the Magic the Gathering Boardgame, what else do they want?"
True but I think that others will share my feelings when I say no matter how alike it is to 'scape it will never be Heroscape.
While others enjoy the game, thanking Hasbro for making a game similar to Heroscape, but leagues better.
Better? I highly doubt that.
Better? Worse? It's subjective.

My point is, you can hate on a game that others may enjoy simply because you taste sour grapes and not mature enough to allow others to enjoy something you dont.

Or you could celebrate the FACT that Heroscape is back, even if it isn'tprecisely the way you wish it was.

*drops mic*
How is that hating on the game, or not allowing others to enjoy it? He's simply doubting that the M;TG game is most likely not as good as the original Scape game, and I would agree as well, at first glance.

Don't criticize others for their different opinions.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:05 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile at Hasbro, they are saying, "We are giving them Heroscape 2.0 in the Magic the Gathering Boardgame, what else do they want?"
True but I think that others will share my feelings when I say no matter how alike it is to 'scape it will never be Heroscape.
While others enjoy the game, thanking Hasbro for making a game similar to Heroscape, but leagues better.

My point is, you can hate on a game that others may enjoy simply because you taste sour grapes and not mature enough to allow others to enjoy something you dont.

Or you could celebrate the FACT that Heroscape is back, even if it isn'tprecisely the way you wish it was.

*drops mic*
How is that hating on the game, or not allowing others to enjoy it? He's simply doubting that the M;TG game is most likely not as good as the original Scape game, and I would agree as well, at first glance.

So its ok for them to criticize my differing opinion, but I can't criticize theirs?
Gotcha...
Old July 2nd, 2015, 06:59 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*drops mic*

So its ok for them to criticize my differing opinion, but I can't criticize theirs?
Gotcha...
This is a site to express opinions on Heroscape. Deal with it.

If he was really trying to attack your post, I get it, but that's not what happened, and the dude didn't deserve the level of snark you responded with.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old July 2nd, 2015, 09:11 PM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

Is Heroscape insanely expensive right now? Valkyrie sets routinely going for $30 shipped AFAIKT seem like a good price. And terrain is available cheaply too (with a couple exceptions, but that is where crafting comes into play). There are more and more plastic minis on the market these days as well.
Old July 13th, 2015, 02:28 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teazia View Post
Is Heroscape insanely expensive right now? Valkyrie sets routinely going for $30 shipped AFAIKT seem like a good price. And terrain is available cheaply too (with a couple exceptions, but that is where crafting comes into play). There are more and more plastic minis on the market these days as well.
It depends what you're looking for. MS1 can be found relatively cheaply, and W1 stuff isn't hard to find along with some W5 packs. But most extra terrain has incredibly inflated prices. I for one have been playing for 9 years and still don't have any Tundra, Wasteland, or Jungle. Or even Aquilla's Alliance.

As for the petition, it won't happen. The M:tG fanbase is infinitely larger than Heroscape's, and WotC barely cares about what they want. It's all about getting casual players to spend paychecks on packs and World running smoothly (regardless of the state of the meta game). No chance we 'Scapers see a reboot outside of Arena of the Planeswalkers.
Old November 30th, 2015, 06:36 PM

Jacobjohn1 is surprisingly tart

In response to the OP, and I'm sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I found this today after I once again became interested in Heroscape, I found this petition on Change.org:

https://www.change.org/p/hasbro-fant...back-heroscape

Maybe if one can get enough signatures through social media, Hasbro will try to make a change?
Old November 30th, 2015, 09:31 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Hasbro has made a change of sorts. They came out with a new game, a sort of HeroScape spinoff if you will, called Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers.

I think this is as close as we're getting to "bringing HeroScape back" and I as well as many others (I think) are more than happy with it .
Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:07 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

If you look at old discussion threads, you will find hundreds of posts on this subject. Some of the major problems include:

1. Hasbro keeps the rights to all of its games forever, refusing to license them out to others who might want to develop them. There used to be many toy companies, but now Hasbro is one of only three huge corporations that control the industry (except for Kickstarter).

2. Inflation makes it impossible to produce sets with the value of the old master sets for a comparable price. Which is why MTG:AOTP offers so much less physical product.
Old December 7th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't buy that inflation argument right now, crude oil, the basis of plastic toys, is down to the price it was back in 2003, right before Heroscape went into original production. I'd imagine the profit margin would be about the same today per unit as then.

http://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crud...-history-chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old December 8th, 2015, 02:22 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Everyone always assumes that the price of the plastic was a large piece of the cost of Heroscape. I don't buy that argument. The labor to paint all those figures and terrain and do the dip washing, even if cheap Chinese labor, is where the cost is at. Notice that AotP components are mostly unpainted and unwashed.

Last edited by Porkins; December 8th, 2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old December 8th, 2015, 02:41 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Economical

Well, I guess that depends on expenses to returns. If I spend $3 on plastic for two different games and one gives me $10 in returns and the other gives me $25 I'm going to focus on the $25 game.

I suspect that WotC hoped that Heroscape would eventually become a gateway to things like DND. (Their business models in a few areas leave some things to be desired) Once it seemed apparent that they were not getting the returns on the investment, the costs of the game likely led to it not being profitable.

With something like AotP, it is kind of the same thing but with an easier connection. They'll gobble up magic players, they'll probably get old Scape players, and they might grab people who play the board game. Then using that, they'll get players into their profitable Magic trading card game. I don't know how long of a leash they give AotP but that's my guess on the past and the future of those games.

~Dysole, with no real inside information just observations
Old December 8th, 2015, 03:22 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Except that AotP is not controlled by WotC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
It is a Hasbro Gaming effort. It only carries the wotc logo because it is a wotc ip. Do you think it would be so close to being Heroscape if it was developed by wotc? I said it before but this is the reason it come out looking and smelling like Heroscape.

Do you think wotc thought this up? Do you think wotc went to hasbro/CVN and said please make a Magic game that looks and feels like Heroscape? No, they didn't.

Wotc only cares about it in terms of it helping promote one of their core brands. They do not view it as a core product and never will. This thing lives and dies in the hasbro shop. If hasbro can't make it work and moves it to full wotc, wotc will kill it just like they did Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion