Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 17th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Got in Civilization with two expansions (three players) today. I took India, but their culture advance couldn't beat the Mongul horde's army building, which took down Tokyo at least three turns before I could've won.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

After the Heroscape tournament yesterday, KidScaper and I played a 5-player game of Bohnanza with @Taeblewalker , @Gurei-Ornery , and CatScaper. CatScaper seemed to be running away with the game for a while, but at the end it was G-O edging out a victory, in tiebreakers, over TW. We love that game. So fun.

Afterward, TW showed KidScaper and me how to play Command & Colors Ancients, which I'd recently acquired and hadn't learned yet. Thanks, man!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 17th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I had a lot of fun playing Micro Mutants with my daughter this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 17th, 2015, 11:05 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This week I finished painting:

Robot minis for Volt. These turned out pretty cool IMO and coupled with playing Specter Ops make me even more interested in checking Volt out.

3D printed tokens for Mice and Mystics available on Shapeways.

Another Myth hero painted. This one has a lot of cool character to it too.

Got to play with my fully painted set of Imperial Assault this week. It was a fun mission, but the dirty rebels acquired the saboteurs.
Old May 18th, 2015, 10:27 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Played Bang! and Gloom for the first time each yesterday. Bang! was a lot of fun and my friend (a deputy) and I (sheriff) were able to squeeze out the victory after a couple of beers restored our lives enough to gang up on the final outlaw. A dynamite stick made it quite interesting, though, as if it were to have blown up, it might have been a different story.

Gloom is just weird, but fun. You have a family and you're trying to get them as depressed as possible before killing them off. The person with the most depression points after a whole family is killed off wins.
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Gloom is just weird, but fun. You have a family and you're trying to get them as depressed as possible before killing them off. The person with the most depression points after a whole family is killed off wins.
There is an interesting reason for the game to play this way. The designer's wife didn't want to play a game that involved hurting the other players, so he designed a game where, in order to help yourself to win, you had to make the other players happier.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; May 18th, 2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Note: paraphrased from memory, so it may not be as accurate as it could have been...
Old May 18th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Neat. Thanks Jim.

That is some great 'out of the box' thinking.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 18th, 2015, 09:55 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

During the past two nights, I played Carcassonne AGAIN! (three times). The first two sessions were with just the 72 tile core set and River-I to explain it to some extended family member noobs. Then another one of our multi-expansion, three hour games (200+ tiles) that caused some tempers to flare up as challenges to each others dominant position to score points was interpreted as personal attacks. Gosh, I hate when that happens during a supposedly "light" Family Friendly board game.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Tonight I played:

Double Feature - I didn't do so well as my memory isn't so great and when movie buffs are playing, it makes it even tougher for me in this game. Not a bad little game though.

Witness - Played a couple games of this. Basically you need exactly 4 players and each player has a clue book based on what character they play as. There will be a case book where you will choose 1 of the cases (there are 64) to play and then read it. It will set up a murder scene or something of the like. Each player will open their clue book to the page with the corresponding case number and memorize a clue. Then one player will whisper his clue to his neighbor, while another player will whisper his clue to his neighbor. Then you take all the info you have and whisper to the opposite neighboring player. It goes back and forth a few times, and each time you get more information, but maybe it isn't kept track of correctly.

After all these turns, each player gets to right down all the information they have on their sheet of paper. Then one player reads from the questions book for that case number. It will ask 3 questions and perhaps an illustration, and then each player will wright down their answers. It's a co-op game and each correct answer for each player will count as 1 point. so there is a total of 12 possible points the group can earn each game.

Pretty neat game, but my bad memory isn't very helpful.

Specter Ops - One player is the Agent trying to sneak into the building and take out 3 objectives and escape, while the other players (3 in this game) are Hunters trying to kill the Agent.

The Agent player secretly chooses his Agent character to use and some special ability cards. They have a map of the board on a clipboard and on each of their turns, they will move and then mark on their map, the location number their last location. If they cross the path of one of the agents on the map, they have to leave a marker on the board showing where their last location within line of sight was.

Basically, each of the Hunters has some abilities and they try to make use of them while working together on their turns to get their mini in line of sight of the Agent. So when a Hunter ends their move, they ask if they can see the Agent and the Agent has to say yes or no. If yes, they put their Agent mini out on the board and the Hunter gets to attack them.

So there is a cat and mouse game, where Hunters try to figure out where the Hunter is going and try to get 6 wounds on them to kill them. We got 3 wounds on him (me getting 2 of them), while one Hunter only hit on 1 of his 4 chances. Rolled poorly and one time the Agent used a special ability to make the roll more difficult.

The Agent ended escaping and winning. Very fun game!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 18th, 2015, 11:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

HoSS, gave the new DO's a spin while showing some C3G vets what HoSS has been cooking up. The DO's were really fun, they didn't always help but when they did it saved my bacon. Pretty much every unit got a chance to shine at one point or another.
Old May 19th, 2015, 07:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

DadScaper,

I was impressed when Tablewalker told me he taught you C&C Ancients without having every played it, by using the concepts from other C&C games! Hope you get around to reading the rules and seeing if you got it right. But it just goes to show the benefits of playing a single C&C game in more quickly learning the others.
Old May 19th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We were finding rules as we went, and now I'm finding more as I go through the rules. But all I'm finding, and all we found, is little things. All the important stuff he had right.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games